2023 NFL Draft discussion thread

efactor

Coming at you
Yeah, Lions first round was a disaster. Almost like they didn't have a plan

Or they didn't expect Bijan to go that early and they thought they could get him at 12 and got screwed when Atlanta made the call. Don't think it was worth getting 34 and giving up 81 to lose out on Bijan.

I think they panicked and grabbed Gibbs when they probably could have gotten him at 18. If he was taken before 18, wouldn't have been a big deal. Gonzales would have been a good choice when he fell.

Just hard to believe they end up with a RB, an inside LB and pick 34 (lose 81) out of the 6 and 18 pick

Remote Controller

I can't help but think Detroit's draft was an indictment on Swift. Montgomery is signed for 3 years. Dan Campbell seems to know what he wants his players to be and just who those players are. Swift didn't cut it. The Iowa Linebacker was right in Campbell's sweet spot. I like their draft so far, and will be interested in how they finish. With pick 3 on day 2 I feel they can acquire a bit more draft capital from teams interested in Hooker or Levis, and if I were them I would consider Hooker as Goffs replacement when his contract expires. I believe they are the favorites to win the Norse division.

hikeNbike

Bringing in Montgomery is another reason I hate the pick of Gibbs. They sign Montgomery to 6 mill and then they burn their first pick on an rb. Makes no sense when the defense was the biggest issue last year. Offense was fine. Would have been nice to have Williams for the whole year next year, but at least he will be there week 7 added to Amon Ra St Brown. If they were going to draft offense feels like the line or a TE would have been the pick in a trade down scenario.

Might as well have stayed where they were and taken Bijan and still got the same pick they did at 18 if they really wanted him. They probably could have traded down and gotten Jack Campbell still. Really a head scratcher.

Second pick feels like a tough lunch pail type guy, and those are great guys to have on your team as day 2, day 3 picks, but in round 1 and even early round 2 you need some top line talent.

hikeNbike

By the way Lebron in a close out game tonight so it would be nice if NFL wraps there stuff up early. Warriors and Kings also should be fun at 7 but will probably watch the draft and switch over for the fourth quarter. Lakers and Memphis at 930C so Goodell let's wrap it up a bit quicker than last night.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay bear with me, just heard a crazy idea. Jim Irsay is tweeting to fans, should they take Will Levis in 2nd round - now this seems a waste....

But they have had such a bad time due to QB here, getting Levis at a cheaper price and letting the two compete would be interesting. They have the 4th pick today, which I believe is before the Rams. Just saying that would really, really make the draft interesting for the other QBs left.

efactor

Coming at you
Okay bear with me, just heard a crazy idea. Jim Irsay is tweeting to fans, should they take Will Levis in 2nd round - now this seems a waste....

But they have had such a bad time due to QB here, getting Levis at a cheaper price and letting the two compete would be interesting. They have the 4th pick today, which I believe is before the Rams. Just saying that would really, really make the draft interesting for the other QBs left.
They aren't that stupid. You don't spend the #4 pick overall and then take another QB to "compete" with him. Too many good players still on the board to double up at QB

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
2.33 - TRADE - Arizona to Titans - Will Levis QB Kentucky - TEN