Bucknut

I haven't gotten to watch much cfb so far this year, but I have watched most of the Ohio State games.

Really impressed. OSU's defense has seemed really weak the past few years, but this year they are solid so far. The biggest differences I've noticed is that they are very physical and they get alot of hard hits. The secondary has been full of studs for a while, but this year they are covering tight. The offense has been getting most of the attention from ESPN, but the defense deserves as much, if not more.

Tough games coming up, Penn State, Wisconsin, and of course Michigan.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I expect to see an Ohio State/LSU bout in the playoffs and I think it will be for the championship......so long as Young is back in time.

JK Dobbins is one hell of a running back, Fields is an elite player who would have Georgia undefeated by a big margin, and Chase Young is THE premier DL in football at this junction.

I "think" at the moment this thing plays out as:

1 LSU (by way of victory of Georgia and finishing undefeated) in a rematch against Alabama, who at 11-1 will get in over the Pac 12 Champion Oregon/Utah and Big 12 Champion which will likely be a 12-1 Oklahoma. Alabamas lone loss will be by 5 to the undefeated champion of the SEC. Oregons would be to Auburn, who Alabama will have beaten. Utahs would be a to a pretty bad USC squad. OUsux will have the loss to Kansas State, who is already 6-3 and might lose another game or two. Georgia's loss to USC jr will be what keeps them out of the 4 spot at 11-2. Lot of people will and are saying there is "no way" Alabama gets in over a one loss Big 12 or Pac 12 Champ. This weeks rankings say differently.

People will say LSU got lucky against Bama and a "dinged" Tua. LSU didnt snap Alabama's neck when they had the chance and you cant let a great team hang around too long. They wont make the same mistake twice. They are going to kick Aggy off planet, hammer Georgia, and the dispose of the Crimson Tide.

2 - Ohio State vs 3 - Clemson The defending champs will not be left out of the discussion and will finish the ACC off unbeaten. There isnt anyone in Ohio State's way past Minnesota, who should finish 11-1 with a loss to Wisconsin. The Gophers are not going to stop Ohio State.

Clemson is Trevor Lawrence, a solid defense, and Travis Etienne. Ohio State has more than enough in the tank to deal with all those problems.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I will disagree to a point. I don't think that Alabama will get in. Gut feeling, but I think they put them at #5 for a reason. Lets face it, they had as much right to #4 as Georgia had. But they did put Georgia ahead, even with the bad games Georgia has played.

that being said, I am not heavy into the SEC, isn't Alabama, LSU and Georgia all in the same division? IF so , who does LSU play in the SEC Championship?

As for OSU, Wisconsin scares me more than Penn State. We play awful vs. teams like Wisconsin, I also hope we beat Michigan like a drum

Phicinfan

Administrator
So, assuming GA and LSU win out, they run head to head in championship. Huh. So assuming also Ohio state and Clemson do the same, the #4 spot will be up for grabs then.

Interesting. Key will be what happens to Minn., also Baylor who are also undefeated.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Sadly 'Bama will get it or so I fear.
that will depend on a few things. One you have to assume GA will be out if they lose to LSU, as that will be their last game.

Minnesota has a pretty cake schedule left - with only Iowa, Northwestern and Wisconsin on its schedule. That being said, if they win out and really handle Wisconsin, that puts them in great spot.

Assuming Minnesota wins out, that puts them in the Big Ten Championship against Ohio state if they win out. That will be the deciding factor.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Fine by me just get me LSU/Ohio State in the title game. IMO they are the 2 best teams and would make a great story with Burrow leaving the Buckeyes.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Alabama is getting in at 11-1 in the scenario I laid out. As long as there is a human factor in selection there will always be a slant toward the SEC.

Bucknut

I just hope Michigan doesn't spoil it for Ohio State. I still have PTSD from the 90's.

Clemson has been flying under the radar, Swinney seems to do a good job of having them play with a chip on their shoulder.

LSU is legit. I think they'll be the favorite no matter who they play this year.

Alabama/Georgia have a chance to get in.

The PAC-14 teams haven't impressed me enough to worry much about them, from what I've seen.

Phicinfan

Administrator
PAC-10 is a joke watched Oregon lose to Arizona st last night. Oregon is supposedly the best PAC 10 team. Didn’t look like vs 5-5 A. St.

Lsu will face GA in Sec championship, Ohio State has Michigan and then Big 10 championship to go yet. Not sure on clemson’s schedule, Alabama still has one game I think.

my gut says LSU, Ohio St. And Clemson win out. GA will be out due to loss to LSU. So that puts Alabama back in at#4

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Gut says LSU, Ohio St. And Clemson win out. GA will be out due to loss to LSU. So that puts Alabama back in at#4

You can see the manipulation at work already to ensure Alabama doesn't face LSU in round #1

OSU vs Alabama and Clemson vs LSU is what we should get round 1.

Utah ain't getting in by winning the Pac

Phicinfan

Administrator
So....
I am assuming....

top 4stay the same
Ohio state
LSU
Clemson
Georgia

Oklahoma moves to #5?
Utah at 6

I have to think Wisconsin breaks back into top 10

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Too be honest I didn't watch a lot of it and they were good when I did. Yeah get it all together next week so you can have a down game against my Tigers.