2019 NFL Post Draft News

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
The Titans will also retire Eddie George's #27.

McNair's #9 and Georges's #27 will also be the first of those numbers retired in NFL history

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Buffalo Rb LeSean McCoy expects to be same carry load as last year - I wouldn't hold my breath there sir....
Bal first round pick Wr Marquise Brown took part in drills for the first time - not fully released to fully practice but this is a great first step
Qb Russell Wilson of SEA is singing the praises of rookie Wr DK Metcalf
Oakland has been picked by NFL to be on Hard Knocks - this should be entertaining - looking forward to Chucky being Chucky :D

Phicinfan

Administrator
Jags announce that neither Marqise Lee nor Cam Robinson will be ready to go at start of training camp - not a real big surprise with Lee as his ACL tear was later in the year, but Robinson has been out since week 3.
IND Te Jack Doyle is running routes at full speed in practice

efactor

Coming at you
Although I don’t take most hype too seriously this time of the season, keeping an eye on the connection between Antonio Brown and Derek Carr. They seem to be building a nice rapport. Brown playing with a chip on his shoulder and trying to prove he is a good teammate. May not be the drop off people are looking for.

Brown is going mid to late 2nd in most 12 team expert mocks as WR 7-8 off the board behind Hopkins, Julio, Adams, OBJ, Thomas, Juju, and Evans. But other than Hopkins and maybe Julio, I would rather have Brown than any of the others. Really perplexed about OBJ going in front of him. Injuries and moving to a new team would scare me off at his current ADP.

Just some food for thought.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Bears are expecting Wr Anthony Miller (shoulder) and Te Trey Burton(hernia) back for training camp
Saints have signed Wr Rishard Matthews to a FA deal
Cam Newton is showing off a new throwing motion - QB coach has spend last year and this year cleaning up his footwork and closing up his stance for more accuracy and less strain on the shoulder
Cowboys expect Byron Jones and DeMarcus Lawrence to start camp on PUP list

Phicinfan

Administrator

Phicinfan

Administrator
slow news day.....
Rumor- A. Rodgers evidently isn't thrilled with new HC offense as he wants more control at the line of scrimmage. I am wondering if Rodgers isn't more of a pain than a help....
Rb Christian McCaffrey says Cam's throws are fine to him - good to hear he is bouncing back from the shoulder
Arians HC of Tampa Bay - says he is happy with his backfield of P. Barber and R. Jones - they are not T. Gurley or David Johnson but you don't need one of those was the quote....

Walter34

Rumor- A. Rodgers evidently isn't thrilled with new HC offense as he wants more control at the line of scrimmage. I am wondering if Rodgers isn't more of a pain than a help....

When we see these types of reports it really makes me wonder about the validity. Why would dodgers complain to anyone within ear shod of the press about something like this? I know you are quoting what some semi reputable source says, but I highly doubt that this is true

Phicinfan

Administrator
When we see these types of reports it really makes me wonder about the validity. Why would dodgers complain to anyone within ear shod of the press about something like this? I know you are quoting what some semi reputable source says, but I highly doubt that this is true
Funny you should mention that the full article is out now, with interviews from Rodgers and LaFluer basically saying yes this is an issue. LaFluer states his offense is based on little room for Qb to change plays as they have schemes set up for all instances, but he also admits he has never worked with a Qb like Rodgers...and discussions will continue. So yeah Rodgers feels hampered, and now LaFluer has to decide if he will give or not

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Rodgers already played a big part in getting a head coach fired why would it be hard to believe he's griping about another one? Follow the trend and it certainly seems logical to me.

Walter34

I know he is likely to complain, call his own plays, think he knows better than the coach, but why air the dirty laundry? He and Lafluer should get on the same page privately. I guess other elite QBs have elite coaches as well, except poor Aaron.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I know he is likely to complain, call his own plays, think he knows better than the coach, but why air the dirty laundry? He and Lafluer should get on the same page privately. I guess other elite QBs have elite coaches as well, except poor Aaron.
First of all Aaron rolled it out first, so why is this LaFluer's issue?
Secondly, this is Aaron's history, he bitches to the media and causes a stir.

Phicinfan

Administrator
News update:
- S Rodney McLeod PHI - is close to being back from torn ACL - was able to do individual drills in camp and hopes to be fully back by training camp
- Yankee Stadium evidently made it clear what they thought of Giants Draft pick Daniel Jones - they booed him when he was on the big screen....
- N.O. have started preliminary talks with Wr Michael Thomas on a contract extension
- Josh McCown now works for ESPN
- So, not sure if you all have followed the news out of Houston, but Houston requested to interview Nick Caserio of N.E. for their GM job, the Patriots not wanting to let this guy go, then envoked a clause in his contract that does not allow him to interview for any job while under contract and then sent a tampering charge to the NFL about Houston due to this clause. Houston has since revoked the request, and Caserio supposedly now WANTS to go to Houston ,but N.E. is blocking him. He has 1 year left on the deal. Houston has supposedly stopped interviewing for GM now.
- Wr Dante Pettis is getting raving reviews from Qb Garoppollo and HC Shanahan
- LA Rams trainer has finally come out and reported that the knee issue with Gurley is athritic, and not surprising due to the surgery he has had. He states there is no plan to lighten the load for Gurley, but obviously that is the plan
- Qb Aaron Rodgers has a new Wr pet - lately he has been raving on Jake Kummerow - just has Adams and company ahead of him.....
- Lb Melvin Ingram LAC has guaranteed a Superbowl win this year.....

efactor

Coming at you
First of all Aaron rolled it out first, so why is this LaFluer's issue?
Secondly, this is Aaron's history, he bitches to the media and causes a stir.

Yeah, Rodgers seems to thrive on conflict. I think he has a big season fantasy wise this year though because of it. Might see more stat padding than normal.

Phicinfan

Administrator
News update -
- WAS may have a weird Rb rotation, I just read on PFT that they hope to extend A.P.'s career by giving carries to Guice, so is A.P. the starting Rb? Are they also protecting Guice and his repaired knee? I actually think that makes sense but did not expect to see it.
- Reports came out yesterday or so about Saints starting talks with Michael Thomas on an extension, news out already that the team and player are far, far apart on those numbers.....
- Tom Brady posted some videos of him working out alone - and he was throwing to a Wr - who they believe is Josh Gordon, now there is speculation that Gordon may be able to get back into the league again....
-

Phicinfan

Administrator
News updates:
- latest player hype from pre-season - Trent Taylor Wr SF looks to be back to his rookie form in camp, he is coming off of back issues last year.
- People are hyped on seeing video of Josh Gordon doing private work outs with Tom Brady - but NFL says there are no updates on his situation....
- HC Kingsbury of ARI - looks to add some role for back up Rb Chase Edmonds
- LAC announced they have sold out seats for last season in stadium they are playing in - move to new LA stadium next year with Rams
-