2019 NFL coaching carousel

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
So much for Matt Ruhle not going to NFL, he is meeting with the Panthers on Monday and the Giants on Tuesday.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Dallas, who supposedly isn't decided on Garrett is meeting with Mike McCarthy and Marvin Lewis.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Cowboys agree to contract with McCarthy
You had to know this was coming, The Jones' stated they wanted a HC with NFL experience and success in the league. Of the available out there that left basically Marvin Lewis, I suppose you could put McDaniel in there with his time in NE, but probably not.

I am very curious now where the rest go. Panthers, Cleveland and Giants will now have to look at college or the next hot coordinator now.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Found this story that came out yesterday...

The writing apparently is on the wall for Jason Garrett, but he refuses to read it. Despite the Dallas Cowboys making it clear they’re moving on from the head coach, Garrett has remained around the team’s facilities, FOX Sports’ Jay Glazer reported Sunday afternoon. It sounds like a very strange situation, one that has lingered on after initial reports of the Cowboys firing multiple coaches. Garret’s contract with the Cowboys expires Jan. 14, thus Dallas technically doesn’t need to “fire” the 53-year-old. Try making sense of this: “Never seen anything like it,” Glazer said. “Because Jason Garrett, they’ve gone to him now multiple times this week to say, ‘OK, you’re out as the head coach.’ And he says, ‘Hold on, don’t do it yet, I still want to be considered for this.’ And every time they do it, say, ‘We’re moving on, we’re starting to interview other people’ … They have to tell Jason Garrett, ‘No, you’re gone, we’re moving on.’ “Never seen anything like it"

MongerKhan

Staff member
Cowboys agree to contract with McCarthy

Okay I didn't think anybody could be more of a butt buddy with Jerry Jones than Jason Garrett was but this is already starting off weird.

Apparently Mike McCarthy spent the night at Jerry Jones's house to finalize details of the coaching contract Saturday night.

Unless I've been wrong about him this whole time I never really thought Mike McCarthy was a Yes Man as* kisser.

MongerKhan

Staff member
Wade Phillips has announced on twitter that he was informed he would not be retained by the Rams.

He will be somewhere next year.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Latest rumors -
Giants fully plan to put the Bull rush to get Ruhle today, if not, their back up option supposedly is Garrett
Panthers interviewed Ruhle yesterday, no contract and are meeting with Josh McDaniels today
Cleveland interviewed OC Brian Daboll of Buffalo yesterday.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Per reports McCarthy has already identified his DC for Dallas - Mike Nolan per ESPN radio this morning

Phicinfan

Administrator
Browns have requested to interview DC of Philadelphia Jim Schwartz

Phicinfan

Administrator
Big change for the Panthers.
I am curious what happens in Carolina, everyone is screaming its time to bring in new blood at HC, and currently Panthers are the only ones doing that so far.
This also screws the Giants as by last report he was their lead candidate. Wonder if Garrett gets a look sooner than thought now.