2011 NFL Playofffs Ravens @ Steelers Sat. 4:30- Official Game Thread

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Looks like the Steelers are about a 3 point favorite. I just cant see the Ravens winning this game unless Anquan Boldin has at least 10 catches. Pittsburgh just seems to have Baltimore's number.

Coachnorm

I think the Ravens in this game have the best shot at doing the nasty thing to the Steelers as they have had in recent years. Having said that, like Sarge, I still think it is a big hump to hurdle.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Both teams won by 3 and on each others feild this year. Makes for an interesting matchup for sure. They have just as much hatred for each other as they do respect.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Will be an amazing game and one will deserved by each team. I'm looking forward to it...and I agree, Boldin's success and involvement will greatly affect Baltimore's ability to move the ball down field and keep things interesting. That would keep Rice with plenty of opportunity as well. Pittsburgh is clearly the giant to take down in this one and nobody better to send in than the Ravens. WOOO!!!!

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Both teams won by 3 and on each others feild this year. Makes for an interesting matchup for sure. They have just as much hatred for each other as they do respect.

I know, but its difficult for me to respect the Ravens win over the Steelers because they did it not facing Big Ben. Yes, a win is a win, but still.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I know, but its difficult for me to respect the Ravens win over the Steelers because they did it not facing Big Ben. Yes, a win is a win, but still.

Ben is 6-0 while the others are 0-3 against the Ravens. It can easily go either way. Steelers have to be able to run to win this game tho.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
In the last 17 meetings, Pittsburgh leads 9-8 and both teams have scored 302 pts. Just more fuel to the fire we will call confusion.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Good stuff there.

I agree the Steelers will need to establish the run, but I wouldnt be shocked if each team is under 50 yards rushing unless someone breaks a cheap one. So when it comes down to the QB having to make plays, Ill take Big Ben. This brings up why I said Boldin will need to get like 10 catches for the Ravens to have a chance.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Good stuff there.

I agree the Steelers will need to establish the run, but I wouldnt be shocked if each team is under 50 yards rushing unless someone breaks a cheap one. So when it comes down to the QB having to make plays, Ill take Big Ben. This brings up why I said Boldin will need to get like 10 catches for the Ravens to have a chance.

Exactly what I think

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Given the fact he missed 6 games and still led the league in interceptions, Id say thats a safe bet.

Coachnorm

Given the fact he missed 6 games and still led the league in interceptions, Id say thats a safe bet.

I picked him up in my IDP league a week before he unPuPed. Very useful considering most sources were saying he was washed up at that time.

Arctic Dawgs

:banana:
this just in from Packer ace reporter Shawn Connelly. Breaking News: More dead birds found in U.S. In another strange twist of fate it has been reported that the CDC is sending a team to Philadelphia as 53 dead eagles turned up at Lincoln Field. Speculation is that the birds were subjected to blunt force trauma. The CDC has issued a warning to Georgia as they fear a similar outbreak is looming for falcons in the area. I would not be a bit surprised if a similar warning will be issued next week in the Seattle area for it's sea hawks and two weeks later for the misfortunate ravens hanging around Dallas. We got the best team, GO PACK!