2011 NFL Draft Discussion - Round 1

efactor

Coming at you
Unless Cam is a fluke and they do decide to pick up what i think, one of the greatest QBs to come out of college next season in Luck. Could happen.

Definitely could, but that would be brutal for Carolina from the standpoint of the pick they invested in Newton and ALL that money...................

That's why I thought they should have taken Peterson or Miller etc, knowing full well they would totally suck and have an excellent chance of having the number one next year. Of course, they will probably trade next years #1 for a 2nd this year. They have done dumb ass things like this three years in a row.

bobbeaux

a little surprised houston didn't grab quinn as olb, but i do like the pick of de watt . . . solidifies their rotation at de and some of the tweeners currently on the roster are said to be moving to olb . . . barwin will likely be the rush olb now w/ nading/anderson on the other side although they could still pick up more depth here . . . interested to see how they draft for the secondary . . . really hoping they go strong in fa for at least 1 solid safety and 1 solid cb.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I like Houstons pick of JJ Watt. He's always running on full speed and should give them a pass rushing threat. Something Jax needed more than anything in this draft.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Seems to me the problem in Detroit has always been that they are always any good QB's huckleberry. That won't change. The emphasis is in the words "GOOD QB". Suh's a beast , and Fairley's a great compliment, but if you can't stop Rodgers quick reads now then it's not gonna help you to overkill the line. When you score those to guys sit down. They needed to show Stafford and Calvin that they were committed to help this team keep Stafford upright long enough for Calvins routes to come open.

What I'm trying to say is good organizations plan on what they need to stop the big guy in their division. All of the Jets moves are aimed at stacking up against the Pats. This didn't aid the Lions as much as an Offensive lineman could have.

I disagree. If they get no decent o-line help the rest of this draft fine. But there are still some very good OT options that they can go with. I also think they have to llook Cb still too.

Remote Controller

I disagree. If they get no decent o-line help the rest of this draft fine. But there are still some very good OT options that they can go with. I also think they have to llook Cb still too.

The CB need is what I was talking about. You can rush all you want, but if Rodgers hits Jenning on a quick read slant and he scores, those boys sit down. They needed the DB's and Oline over another DLineman.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Shannie and Allen traded the pick to Jax. So either Washington thought Ponder would be there a little later, or its taking us all the way back to the beginning where these are not franchise QBs at all. Never were. It could also explain Cardinals taking BPA rather than Gabbert, and why someone like Harbaugh opted to pass on them.

What a difference a day makes

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
What a difference a day makes

I have to say, though, Arizona should have drafted Mallet rather than that TE (that I cannot imagine was 2nd best TE on any other team's board). A pass rushing linebacker I could understand, but not TE. Now they're painting themselves into a corner. With Mallet, they could bring in an older vet like Bulger or Hass for a few years. But without Mallet, you're almost forced to deal for the likes of Kolb or Flynn, or risk Fitz bolting and fans staying home on Sundays.

Remote Controller

I have to say, though, Arizona should have drafted Mallet rather than that TE (that I cannot imagine was 2nd best TE on any other team's board). A pass rushing linebacker I could understand, but not TE. Now they're painting themselves into a corner. With Mallet, they could bring in an older vet like Bulger or Hass for a few years. But without Mallet, you're almost forced to deal for the likes of Kolb or Flynn, or risk Fitz bolting and fans staying home on Sundays.

Their best option is to move for Stanzi and grab bulger for this year.

bobbeaux

it's funny how the "guru's" were all plugging newton for the panthers as what they "had" to do . . . and now the rankings and all say they reached . . . lol . . . they basically forced the panthers' hand on that one and now they are gonna say it's all on them now . . . lol

still think it was the wrong move, but glad they were able to pick up some quality dl's later.