• Aldon Smith DE Missouri

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Akeem Ayers OLB UCLA

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fire

in the hole
Why Castonzo? Almost every site I have seen has Solder rated higher dunno:

Solder is a converted TE still learning OT, needs a lot of coaching up on technique (footwork, hands, bending at waist), needs more strength in lower and upper body. In short, he is too much of a project IMO, with too much bust poential that goes along with that.

Castonzo is much more polished and NFL ready. Performed very well at the combine also. Some scouts said was the best they have seen in technique and going through the drills since Joe Thomas.

I think others here may feel the same about Solder as myself, as he is still available in the other mock and pick 32 is up right now.

Arctic Dawgs

Solder is a converted TE still learning OT, needs a lot of coaching up on technique (footwork, hands, bending at waist), needs more strength in lower and upper body. In short, he is too much of a project IMO, with too much bust poential that goes along with that.

Castonzo is much more polished and NFL ready. Performed very well at the combine also. Some scouts said was the best they have seen in technique and going through the drills since Joe Thomas.

I think others here may feel the same about Solder as myself, as he is still available in the other mock and pick 32 is up right now.

Castonzo

Never seen so many others in 1 of these polls

Fire

in the hole
Fire smells smoke (screen?):

Both Colorado cornerback Jimmy Smith and North Carolina linebacker Bruce Carter visited the Detroit Lions earlier this month. The point of both visits was for the Lions to give the potential picks a physical, but Smith's visit also allowed general manager Martin Mayhew to get to know him better. Considering there have been so many questions about Smith's character, this was a good thing for both parties, and Mayhew came away impressed.

"I was impressed," Mayhew said from the league meetings Tuesday. "He was a guy who made some mistakes but who seems to now realize the mistakes that he made. He's a young guy who's very talented. He has a really good skill level, good size and speed and if you look at our corners, we don't have that.

"He's an interesting guy. I have better feel for him as a person now than before he came in."

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay, the majority has spoken. Detroit selects Anthony Castonzo OT Boston College