2011 FA WR Discussion Thread

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
The important ones only of course by team: Who will be back? Who is moving to another city? Who is just plain gone??

Arizona Cardinals - Steve Breaston, Early Doucet

Baltimore Ravens - TJ Whoseyourmomma, Donte Stallworth

Cincinnati Bengals - Terrell Owens **Should be noted Chad Ochocinco is in his final year**

Cleveland Browns - Chansi Stuckey

Green Bay Packers - Donald Driver, James Jones (Jordy Nelson is up in 2012)

Houston Texans - Jacoby Jones

Jacksonville Jaquars - Mike Sims-Walker

Minnesota Vikings - Sidney Rice

New Orleans Saints - Lance Moore

New York Giants - Steve Smith

New York Jets - Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Brad Smith

San Diego Chargers - Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd, Legedu Naanee

St Louis Rams - Laurent Robinson, Mark Clayton

Washington Redskins - Santana Moss

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Lance seemed likely to move on before this season started but unless my memory is failing me he lead the Saints in TD's this season. Still the Saints are facing a lot of money decisions and I expect Lance to take his chain moving talents elsewhere. I hate it though because he's a hard working player that we'll miss.

GlennsPatriots

Meatwhistle
are any of these "Restricted" free agents or are they all free to sign with anyone?

I'd say the most coveted would be:

1. Vincent Jackson
2. Santonio Holmes
3. Sidney Rice
4. Steve Smith
5. Steve Breaston

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Jax needs to keep Walker and sign one of these FA. Of couse they need a QB or it doesnt really matter what they do.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
The important ones only of course by team: Who will be back? Who is moving to another city? Who is just plain gone??

Arizona Cardinals - Steve Breaston, Early Doucet
Breaston will definitely be kept, Doucet should be kept

Baltimore Ravens - TJ Whoseyourmomma, Donte Stallworth
Whosyourmomma is gone and probably out of work. Stallworth might be kept for special teams.

Cincinnati Bengals - Terrell Owens **Should be noted Chad Ochocinco is in his final year**
Cinci should keep TO for another year, but not sure if they will because of COC.

Cleveland Browns - Chansi Stuckey
No idea on this one

Green Bay Packers - Donald Driver, James Jones (Jordy Nelson is up in 2012)
Driver might be done after this year. James Jones is a must keep.

Houston Texans - Jacoby Jones
Had a dissapointing season this year. I thought this would be his break out year. I think they have to keep him. He has the build and athletic ability to excell like AJ does.

Jacksonville Jaquars - Mike Sims-Walker
Really inconsistant season, partly due to QB play. They should keep him.

Minnesota Vikings - Sidney Rice
Definitely will keep him.

New Orleans Saints - Lance Moore
He's probably gone. Colston and Meachem are a good duo.

New York Giants - Steve Smith
Very talented possession receiver. They should keep him. Nicks, Smith and Manningham are a very nice trio.

New York Jets - Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Brad Smith
They need all three. Edwards and Holmes in the passing game and Smith in special teams.

San Diego Chargers - Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd, Legedu Naanee
They need to pay VJax, he is too talented not to pay him. It will be a huge mistake to let him go. Floyd filled in nicely, and they should lock him up too, but he might be on the market. Naanee could be on the market.

St Louis Rams - Laurent Robinson, Mark Clayton
One or both of these guys might be on the market.

Washington Redskins - Santana Moss
Finally had a consistant year. But he's getting old. I don't know who is going to be the QB in Washington next year. That rookie really stepped up this year. He might want too much money to warrant keeping him.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Lets follow the Rb model again ;)

Arizona Cardinals - Steve Breaston, Early Doucet: One if not both of these guys are must signs. Breaston was hurt by poor Qb play. If they get the Qb situation settled, having Fitz on one side and Breaston on other would be a huge help to whoever the Qb is. I think both stay.

Baltimore Ravens - TJ Whoseyourmomma, Donte Stallworth: I think they will try to keep Stallworth. But I think Houshmanzadeh is gone. Not sure where he ends up, but not here with Mason and Boldin here already.

Cincinnati Bengals - Terrell Owens **Should be noted Chad Ochocinco is in his final year** : Gut feel, both are gone. They won't resign Owens, and will use Simpson's heroics as an excuse. Ocho is forcing his way out, and I think this year, if the right deal was offered they will take it.

Cleveland Browns - Chansi Stuckey: I think he will stay, since no one will try for him. Cheap depth.

Green Bay Packers - Donald Driver, James Jones (Jordy Nelson is up in 2012): time to make a decision. I am all over Jordy. I love him much more than Jones. I don't see Driver getting the big deal, and he has been hit by nagging injuries last few years. If he gives a home town discount he is back. But I think Jones is gone. just gut feel here.

Houston Texans - Jacoby Jones: Meh...hasn't done much other than returns. Might try to keep him cheap.

Jacksonville Jaquars - Mike Sims-Walker: Not much depth, and has shown flashes. May try to keep him.

Minnesota Vikings - Sidney Rice: He is a must. They need someone opposite Harvin, and with Harvin's headaches, they need a stud to produce. I think they go Wr early, but they will sign to keep Rice.

New Orleans Saints - Lance Moore: Will depend on cost. they have a ton of young Talent, so while he can be big, they have Meachem and others to fill in. Moore might be better off going somewhere esle to produce well.

New York Giants - Steve Smith: Lock they will resign. He is the perfect fit with nicks, and Manningham has proven he is best as #3.

New York Jets - Braylon Edwards, Santonio Holmes, Brad Smith: color me shocked, but I think Edwards has proven himself in NY. Holmes would be a great add, but not sure they will be able to afford both. Brad Smith is a huge tool for them, so my gut says its Edwards and Smith back.

San Diego Chargers - Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd, Legedu Naanee: Vjax is gone. I just don't see it after all the bridge burning. I think they do all they can to keep Floyd, but naanee can't stay healthy. Look for Wrs to come in by Fa or draft.

St Louis Rams - Laurent Robinson, Mark Clayton : I think clayton gets brought back to be the vet for all the young guys they have like Amendola and others. Robinson shows flashes, but can't stay healthy. Might be back if he can be gotten cheap.

Washington Redskins - Santana Moss: Yikes, didn't realize he was an FA. He does nothing but produce. The young guys have not panned out well in Washington. I think Moss either gets retained or scores a big deal with someone.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
(KFFL) New York Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum said his hopes the team will be able to re-sign impending free-agent WRs Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards and Brad Smith this offseaon, reports Jenny Vrentas, of The Star-Ledger.

Remote Controller

The Saints HAVE to resign Moore. Colston is on the mend, meachem under achieving and Henderson one dimensional. Brees like Moore and the Saints need him.

Remote Controller

I will say that the talent and value some of these free agents could have brought new teams is taking a hit. The talent level hasn't changed but the fact that they can't be already in place on new teams, and in camp, really takes a big bite out of their possible impact on the new squads.

I think this forces a few of these guys to accept the the contracts offers they originally balked at.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
(KFFL) San Diego Chargers QB Philip Rivers was more than open to those rumors of the team acquiring WR Steve Smith from the Carolina Panthers. "Bring it on," Rivers said during a television interview Wednesday, May 25. "We have a great deal of weapons, and I certainly appreciate each and every one of them, but any chance you can add a guy of that caliber, I'm all for it."