1/18/09 - Philadelphia Eagles @ Arizona Cardinals

Coachnorm

If you haven't been paying attention the Playoffs have become a wild roller coaster ride. Wild Card teams win Super Bowls while top teams blow up in the playoffs. This year is no different as upsets are becoming the norm and there have been surprises galore.

Look at the Cardinals who are in this championship game. They played in a division that was so weak that they almost became an afterthought as the playoffs began. We all knew that the passing game with Warner, Fitz and Boldin made them dangerous in any game. But a running attack? Most of the time they didn't even have a back on the field. Yet now, Edge and Hightower have become an effective rushing Duo, simply Amazing! The Panthers were destoyed by Fitz alone, no Boldin!!! Cardinals Defense? Defense!!! If you are in a playoff league the Cardinals Defense has been the top scoring D and I haven't even used them. Now I must admit I am still suspicious of this Cardinals D. I think some DNA tests are in order here. Obviously, they have cloned the Ravens ballhawking D, some Congressional investigation may be needed.

The Eagles snuck into the playoffs at the last second and haven't looked backwards since. Their Top notch D got healthy at the right time and have controled every playoff game. Even with Westy having a so/so game they dominated their division rival Giants. Mc Nabb has been playing great with a less then sectacular bunch of recievers again. He spreads the ball around as good as any QB in the business, always has. He has put in a full season and is playing great. How about a McNugget of respect here.

Maybe you don't like how the Playoffs have turned out but don't let that keep you from watching this game. It is going to be a great batle, miss it at your own risk!

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
In case people outside of Philadelphia don't realize how close the Eagles came to not making the playoffs, consider this:

After suffering a devastating loss to the Washington Redskins in Week 16 a dejected Andy Reid sat at his post-game podium to answer questions from the press. One media person told Andy:

"You know, you're technically still mathematically alive in the playoff race."

To which Andy Reid responded:

"Really? I didn't know that."

That is how close this season came to the brink. Our own head coach didn't even know we had a breath left in us.

Runnik's Hambones

When looking at this game, I would like to guess that Philly takes it. However a closer look makes me take a step back. I really look forward to this game, but the reason I don't find it a sure thing for Philly anymore was Arizona's defense last week. I mean, I know Jake Delhome isn't the best QB, but he's not 4 turnovers bad. Not only that, DWill and JStew weren't huge impacts as they had been. That may have been Jon Fox's fault, only running the duo 15 times for 75 yards. Either way, Arizona's defense took me by surprise. I had no idea they could hold an offense like the Panthers.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Either way, Arizona's defense took me by surprise. I had no idea they could hold an offense like the Panthers.

You, me, everyone, and I would hope the Cards themselves. The big worry had been that if they fall a few scores behind, they start pouting and basically give up. Now they know they have the talent, and I hope they remember that regardless of how the game unfolds.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
STEPHEN SPACH OUT FOR REST OF PLAYOFFS
Posted by Josh Alper on January 12, 2009, 8:35 p.m.

Arizona Cardinals tight end Stephen Spach has a torn knee ligament and will miss the rest of the postseason. Spach tore his right ACL during Saturday’s win against the Panthers.

DeathofSpock.jpg

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
When looking at this game, I would like to guess that Philly takes it. However a closer look makes me take a step back. I really look forward to this game, but the reason I don't find it a sure thing for Philly anymore was Arizona's defense last week. I mean, I know Jake Delhome isn't the best QB, but he's not 4 turnovers bad. Not only that, DWill and JStew weren't huge impacts as they had been. That may have been Jon Fox's fault, only running the duo 15 times for 75 yards. Either way, Arizona's defense took me by surprise. I had no idea they could hold an offense like the Panthers.
There is your loss, right there. Delholmme is not a game winner at Qb. Steve Smith however can be at Wr. But this team did not take off and become dominant, until the running game went wild. Hell, did you all see the very first drive by Carolina? Fox or the OC lost this game for Carolina...but totally abandoning the running game. Once Arizona got ahead 14 to 7, Carolina paniced and let Delholme bury them. It is very easy to play defense if the other team is totally one dimensional.

eaglechick

I'm back :)
so orgazmo and i were discussing the game and would like to do an avatar bet (till the end of the playoffs i.e. superbowl).

anyone else interested?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
so orgazmo and i were discussing the game and would like to do an avatar bet (till the end of the playoffs i.e. superbowl).

anyone else interested?
I am in :thumbsup:

Same rules? Team related type avatar?