RUBBER DUCKIE

I'm rebuilding a very bad dynasty team.
10 team
PPR
IDP

I am considering offering the following trade:

Give: 1.1
Get: Mendenhall + 2.03 + 2.09

I would get a young RB in a good situation plus get additional 2nd round picks to help rebuild my team. I have no other first round pick, so my hopes would lie in Mendenhall. I need RB and WR so I'd hope Mendenhall turns into what I hope he is. I'd have 2.01, 2.03, 2.09, 2.10, 3.1, 4.1, 5.1 post trade if accepted. There are a lot of WR's I like in this draft, so Crabtree would be nice but not a must have. Moreno would give me a chance at a top RB, but so would Mendenhall. W.Parker seems to have lost 2 steps in the last year or two. There are a lot of RB's in Denver.

Am I crazy for considering this? Is it pretty even? or am I insulting the other guy? I think the trade is in my favor, but the other owner already traded his first round pick away. I'd be relying on his possible frustration of getting nothing from Mendenhall last year and the allure of the 1.1 pick.

I am not as high on Mendy this year as last - didn't get much play time before his injury last year but didn't he get in the dog house with fumbling?

Who do you think will fall to you?

2.01: Choice of QBs?, Shonn Greene, Britt
2.03: One of the 3 above and Pettigrew
2.09: nice D player
2.10: nice D player

I think you take a dip at RB but the picks you get would not be a bad equalizer.

Not a big believer in worrying about whether an offer insults another. It is not unreasonable and I think this could be a good deal for both teams depending on the needs. What does your roster look like?

RUBBER DUCKIE

I don't plan to draft D at all, because that is the only strong part of my team. I have rebuilt that last year and have 2 top ten DE's, 2 top 15 LB's, and DB's are a dime a dozen, but I have two good safetys. My Def was the only think that kept my team even close to being in games last year. The weakness of the team is WR and RB.

It's tough to say how the draft will go. Teams are required to drop 1 of their top 3 offensive players and 1 of their top 3 def players, so the rookie talent does last a couple players longer then you'd think. I'm hoping to score 2 RB's either Jennings, Davis, or A.Brown at the begining of the round and 2 of the WR's I like at the end of the second.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
My strategy on rebuilding is you do it by finding a star to build around. If you don't think Moreno, Wells, or Crab is that player to build around and Mendy is, do it.....if you don't and think that one of those three could be I would not do this. I don't like 2nd round dynasty picks much, they are lotto tickets. I would go with Moreno personally.

RUBBER DUCKIE

Stewart, McFadden, Lewis and Torain are my RB's. I am a huge Stewart fan, but never was so high on McFadden. Obviously, I need more more RB help.

WR's are G.Jennings and a bunch and WR3/WR4 young guys with upside, but upside doesn't win games.

I like Crabtree for my team because he only has to be a WR#3 in 2009 and a WR#2 in 2010 for it to be a productive pick for my team, since I have no WR#2. If Crabtree did become a bonified WR#1, then he could help mask some issues at RB.

For some reason, adding another unproven RB in Mendenhall or Moreno doesn't excite me, which is why I asked for opinions. Usually I'm the one giving advise on another site, but sometimes you need a voice outside your own head. I'm relatively confident I can hit on a WR#2 for 2010 between my 2.10 and 3.01 picks (yes I know most will believe this to be obsurd), so the 1.1 pick may be worth more to me in trade value to get more picks to try and hit more then 1 RB.

I'm trying to talk another owner who has the 1.02 and 1.03 to trade me the 1.03 and 2.02 for the 1.01, but haven't heard anything. He has the strongest team in the league with no real holes, so adding Crabree and Moreno would be huge for him and he would not have to worry about not having a second rounder. Then I could add another unproven rookie RB (Wells, McCoy or D.Brown) but feel a little better about it since I got another possible piece for the future.

Any thoughts? The problem is that I'm not sold on any of the options.