NFL Rumors, News and in/out - NFL owners meeting pre-draft

efactor

Coming at you
DET - so Cephus and Moore bet on NFL games thus the at least 1 year suspension, and team cut ties. Williamson and Berryhill got 6 games for betting on NON-NFL games but on NFL property. It has also been noted that the Lions have fired front office folks as well due to gambling issues. This evidently was a pretty bad issue with the Lions
Good god. NFL loves their gambling but suspends players for betting on other sports because they are on NFL "property". What a bunch of hypocrites.

hikeNbike

This is so much bull. Jameson Williams I'm counting on this year. Figured he was dynasty gold. Gold! I tell you! Now I got to deal with this bullshit because NFL is playing this high and mightyb bullshit. And I'm blasted out of my mind tonight on top of that wheres my Uber.

hikeNbike

That's why you need Lamar E. McAffrey, Deebo Kittle, Aiyuk, with Lamar at the controls is every bit as good if not better than what Philly would have with Henry.

Side note, wondering why the Eagles wouldn't just take Bijan with the tenth pick and save the cash on Henry.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
That's why you need Lamar E. McAffrey, Deebo Kittle, Aiyuk, with Lamar at the controls is every bit as good if not better than what Philly would have with Henry.

Side note, wondering why the Eagles wouldn't just take Bijan with the tenth pick and save the cash on Henry.
You will know this deal is real after pick 10, if Eagles go DL or OL, then they are actually working this trade. IF they take Robinson, then its bumpkus

Phicinfan

Administrator
I will start a new news thread, right before the draft starts - just to make draft news and trades if any easier to find.

SF - Trey Lance says he has no knowledge of any trade talk, nor will he comment any further on it
CLE - no news about 5th year option for OT Jedrick Wills
NYJ/GB- have resumed negotiations on trade of Rodgers - always helps to have a deadline
NFL - ton of discussion on football fields, especially with hard data that injuries are worse on fake turf
SF/GB - still a whole lot of chatter on SF jumping in on Rodgers, I sure don't get it, unless SF is all in for one more year
ATL - Falcons now betting favorite to draft Bijan Robinson

Phicinfan

Administrator
CIN - no timetable for return of ROT La'el Collins
PHI - ERFA Tyree Jackson signs his tender, and team releases S Marquise Blair
NYJ - re-signs C Connor McGovern
BAL - no word at all on any movement on new contract for Lamar Jackson

hikeNbike

Atlanta wow. 8th overall. Really hoping they don't. I'd like him to go to the Cowboys but if not I would be good with the Eagles, Bengals, or Bills. I'm hoping he goes to a good team with a good QB situation. Definitely hurts his fantasy value of he is on a Falcons team that lacks any continuity at QB. I wouldn't hesitate taking him in the first one good team but feel like I'd be more comfortable drafting him in the early 2nd on the Falcons.

hikeNbike

I also don't quite understand the Falcons taking him when they have so many needs and rb doesn't seem to be that bad a situation. Algeier was fairly good last year and Cordaralle is pretty good in the right situations.

hikeNbike

What's the word on Stroud, I know he bombed the wonderlic, is he really going to go after Richardson and Levis?

hikeNbike

I feel like the Packers got more than I thought they would get. Really surprised the Jets didn't tie next year's first rounder to Rodgers playing a second season.

Phicinfan

Administrator
CAR - Brian Burns had ankle surgery last week, expects to be cleared to practice by start of camp
TB - no intentions of trading LB Devin White
CIN - La'el Collins says Jonah Williams will be fine and will be in Cincy to play ORT vs. OLT
LAC - GM expects J.C. Jackson to be ready for camp and open the season healthy
NYJ/GB - most reports I have seen say the Packers fleeced the Jets on Rodgers, to me that will depend on what Rodgers does and how long he keeps playing for them
SF - GM says don't even call us with trade offers for Bosa
TEN - new GM Carthon says Tannehill knows exactly what the team thinks as they met face to face last month. Tannehill is in building for pre-season voluntary workouts
DAL - released TE Ian Bunting and DB Isaac Taylor-Stewart with failed physical designations. Also released LB Devonte Bond
CHI - released DB Harrison Hand
BAL - Tyler Huntley signed his RFA tender

Phicinfan

Administrator
I saw one story where his first meeting he specifically told most of the team to go to the portal and be ready to leave. He didn't like what was there and he was going after some of his former players.