NFL Rumors, News and in/out - NFL owners meeting pre-draft

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
HOU - rumors flying GM Nick Caserio may be leaving the team, they already supposedly have a target for replacement
Well so much for that, Arizona had a press conference and he basically denied all the rumors

hikeNbike

BAL - Lamar Jackson just got screwed, so much for his stance on getting fully guaranteed. and watch to see if Burrows or Herbert are next
Didn't Hurts get more than was offered to Lamar. I thought Baltimore's offer was at most 153 mil guaranteed. Though I've heard lots of conflicting details.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Didn't Hurts get more than was offered to Lamar. I thought Baltimore's offer was at most 153 mil guaranteed. Though I've heard lots of conflicting details.
Not positive. Per reports he got less than Kyler Murray, but he specifically structured the deal to help the team. But to your question IF they actually only offered $155 guaranteed then yes. Hurts got more

Phicinfan

Administrator
NFL/WAS- NFL has been notified of potential sale, and financial info has been sent to league to start formal review. However, the sale has not fully been agreed to and signed. So this may take a bit.
LAR - re-sign CB Shaun Jolly and LB Christian Rozeboom
SEA - Myles Adams, Michael Jackson and Jon Rhattigan have all signed their ERFA Tenders
DET - Brock Wright and Shane Zylstra re-sign with Lions
NE - Myles Bryant signs his RFA Tender
GB - Yosh Nijman signs RFA tender
ARI - claim S Jovante Moffatt off of waivers
SF - Jauan Jennings signs his ERFA tag, also signed WR Chris Conley and re-signed DL Kerry Hyder Jr
LAC - Jalen Guyton re-signs with team, also Justin Herbert's participation in off season work is up in the air as he rehabs from off season surgery
HOU - confirmed they are getting calls on #2 pick, and are listening to the offers
TEN - signed FA LB Ben Niemann
KC - reports out now that Patrick Mahomes' ankle is still not at 100%
SEA - waived 5 - Jarrod Hewitt, Chris Steele, Darwin thompson, Connor Wedington and Easop Winston

Phicinfan

Administrator
WAS - a new buyer has jumped in, per reports Brian Davies has jumped in with a $7 Billion offer
Las Vegas now have Will Levis and Will Anderson as betting favorites for #2 over C.J. Stroud
ARI - with all the talk about Bidwell there are some reports where their is expectation He also may be out of NFL in the not too distant future

Phicinfan

Administrator
BUF - S Damar Hamlin is fully cleared by three different medical experts to begin playing football again
TB - Kyle Trask looking forward in competing with Baker Mayfield and is putting his learning as he was behind Brady to use

Phicinfan

Administrator
Rams pick up 10.25 mil, Steelers get the other 5 mil
Full trade:
Rams sends Allen Robinson and 7th round pick 251 and paying $10.25 million of his salary, PIT sending 7th round pick 234 and paying the $5 million.

So basically they swap 7th rounders and free up some cap for Rams

Phicinfan

Administrator
BUF - Stefon Diggs no showing early off season work, and getting out mystery tweets, and are we seeing a repeat of what happened in Minny?

hikeNbike

Diggs seems to be in a pretty good situation, I know the Bills laid an egg in the playoffs against the Bengals, but feels like he is still in a pretty good situation catching passes from Josh Allen and playing on back to back AFC East Divisional Champs. I'm not sure where he goes to be in a better situation unless it's KC catching passes from Mahomes.

efactor

Coming at you
Diggs seems to be in a pretty good situation, I know the Bills laid an egg in the playoffs against the Bengals, but feels like he is still in a pretty good situation catching passes from Josh Allen and playing on back to back AFC East Divisional Champs. I'm not sure where he goes to be in a better situation unless it's KC catching passes from Mahomes.
Diggs felt he was being under utilized late in the season and the playoffs. Hard to argue that too. Had 6 100 yard games in the first 9 weeks and only 1 the rest of the year. Gotta feed your star.

Phicinfan

Administrator
He did this same thing in Minnesota, but I agree with you, not many better solutions for him.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Diggs felt he was being under utilized late in the season and the playoffs. Hard to argue that too. Had 6 100 yard games in the first 9 weeks and only 1 the rest of the year. Gotta feed your star.
Its Buffalo and they ran a ton more later in the season, oh and defenses focused on him, but I do get your point

Phicinfan

Administrator
What they really need is a real #2 WR to pull some coverage off of Diggs, to free him up more.