TNF

JScott

Administrator
Yesterday was our wedding anniversary so we went out for dinner. Missed the entire game. All I see on Twitter this morning about it is that the KC fans booed when the players locked arms.

How bad was it? How many were in attendance?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Yesterday was our wedding anniversary so we went out for dinner. Missed the entire game. All I see on Twitter this morning about it is that the KC fans booed when the players locked arms.

How bad was it? How many were in attendance?
They allowed about 17,000 fans - or 20% capacity. The booing was a bit embarrassing, but the two teams looked totally lost also, for something that was to be pre-planned. The issue is when camera panned to Watt, the booing started. I am not sure it was directed at him, but seemed to be that way. I think fans were more booing the Texans for not coming out for either anthem.

JScott

Administrator
Can't find the details of the pre-game, so a few questions...

1.) They played 2 anthems? Was the other one the "black national anthem"?

2.) The Texans weren't on the field for either? What about the Chiefs?

3.) When did the teams lineup and lock arms?

Phicinfan

Administrator
Can't find the details of the pre-game, so a few questions...

1.) They played 2 anthems? Was the other one the "black national anthem"?
yes

2.) The Texans weren't on the field for either? What about the Chiefs?
No they weren't

3.) When did the teams lineup and lock arms?
Right after the two anthems, right after Houston came out to the field. There was a lot of confusion on what to do and when it was happening. Which I don't get if this was pre-planned

Phicinfan

Administrator
As I remember it, the booing didn't start until the Houston team came out after both anthems, and then happened again, when the two teams locked arm in arm at mid-field. So again, not sure if it was directed at any one player or just the Houston team

JScott

Administrator
As I remember it, the booing didn't start until the Houston team came out after both anthems, and then happened again, when the two teams locked arm in arm at mid-field. So again, not sure if it was directed at any one player or just the Houston team

Thanks for the info.

I know no one on Twitter will want to consider it but I'm with you, it sounds like the fans weren't booing the unity they were booing the Texans.