Brown to the Raiders

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Steelers deal Brown to the Raiders for a 3rd and 5th.

Brown gets new deal with 30 mil in guarenteed money.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Wow have things changed in the steel city...no Bell, no Brown, and they get a 3rd and 5th for it....man did they miss play their drama queens! Hard for me to see this team as anything more than .500 team next year.

As for the Raiders...well this is good for Carr. I dont think this will put them in contention, but it will make them more fun to watch. They still have a ton of picks. They had the space, plenty of picks...and now they have their best player.

For Brown...he gets exactly what he wanted. He wanted out of Pittsburgh and wanted to get his. He also wanted to go somewhere in which he can be the focal point. Well he got all of it. Winning never seemed to be the top of his list, so I'd say he came out the winner here.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Wow have things changed in the steel city...no Bell, no Brown, and they get a 3rd and 5th for it....man did they miss play their drama queens! Hard for me to see this team as anything more than .500 team next year.

As for the Raiders...well this is good for Carr. I dont think this will put them in contention, but it will make them more fun to watch. They still have a ton of picks. They had the space, plenty of picks...and now they have their best player.

For Brown...he gets exactly what he wanted. He wanted out of Pittsburgh and wanted to get his. He also wanted to go somewhere in which he can be the focal point. Well he got all of it. Winning never seemed to be the top of his list, so I'd say he came out the winner here.
I have to check their cap space, but if they went out and signed Bell as well...... Just saying that would make a really, really good offense. They have to get Rb help. And more Wr help.

but with 3 1st round picks they can get the edge rusher they need, and OL help and a solid Wr or Rb .

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Surprised the trade return was so cheap for an elite player.

Age, locker room chemistry and salary really drives trade value more so than ability.
It was the whole deal and crap as well. Had to be a team with cap space, AND fit the area that Brown wanted to be on - can you see Brown in Vegas baby!!!

Indy wouldn't touch him, Jets probably offered but Brown wants to win, and Jets simply don't. cleveland has cap space, but he would play second fiddle to Mayfield...