The value was too good to pass up

ExperiencedRookie

Perhaps the issue is not IF they will get chances, but what your definition is of a Ppr Rb?
I don't deny Mixon will get SOME passes. I don't deny Hyde did well last year due to offense he is in. You are making assumptions. You assume Hyde is a bad ppr back because he has only been successful last year..... My point is, the same for all of them listed here. The offenses don't toss to Rbs a lot, and most are usually not considered ppr rbs. The other point you missed is...you say Hyde isn't a ppr back - which I agree with by the by..., but Mixon is, when Hyde out performed him.

Net, I agree to be a really good ppr back, you need ability AND opportunity. Kamara isn't Kamara in another offense, IMO, as N.O. really thrives using a back with his talent.

Cincy isn't a huge screen team to the Rbs, and they throw alot to TE and Wr. San Fran does throw to Rbs alot(now with Shanahan).

So, again, you are solid at Rb, but you are not loaded with alot of ppr rb talent.
To me, a PPR RB is a guy that I know is a talented pass catcher that I feel strongly will get 40+ targets and secure 75%+ of them.

Howard and Hyde don't meet my qualifications. However, on volume and situation alone, Hyde qualifies last year.

I think Mixon's floor for receptions is 30, with his ceiling around 55. A guy like Howard is more like a floor of 15 with a ceiling of 35.

Arctic Dawgs

Most of this PPR stuff is pure crap. Years ago you could pick up guys like Riddick, Buck Allen, etc very late in drafts or super cheap in auctions that would put up RB 2 type #s. Very very good value.

Now it is, Ooh-Ooh, he is a PPR guy and everyone is jumping all over them. They are going way early on value and 2nd/3rd tier RBs are slipping way back. I would much rather have the 2nd/3rd tier RB that I can get in the 10th Rd than the "PPR" guy in the 4th/5th. My win/loss record at the end of the season does not care how many passes he caught

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I will admit when I was wrong, it does seem like Cincinnati fully intends to make Dixon a 3 down back, he was clearly a passing target yesterday. Which is great for Dixon and Cincy, as they were easier to defend against when they put Bernard in.

ExperiencedRookie

I will admit when I was wrong, it does seem like Cincinnati fully intends to make Dixon a 3 down back, he was clearly a passing target yesterday. Which is great for Dixon and Cincy, as they were easier to defend against when they put Bernard in.
Cheers

Mixon looked amazing yesterday. Crazy efficient with every touch.