Lee Evans Signs With Jaguars

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
The more i think of grabbing Claiborne with pick 7, the more i'm jumping on the bandwagon. This is a deep WR pool so no need to waste first pick on one, so either grab Claiborne, a DL or trade down to grab some extra draft picks.

Coachnorm

According to Jaguars.com's John Oehser, Lee Evans looked in this week's minicamp like a player who can be "consistent, reliable, and productive" for the Jags this season. Oehser notes that Evans made impressive catches and moves on intermediate routes that were rarely seen from Jaguars receivers last season.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I really hope so. Not putting much into it tho since it is non contact mini camp that coaches hold to what shape the players are in and take 1 last look at their team before the draft. On a side note, with them looking at Evans this way, they must really be thinking hard to grabbing a wr first pick. Blackmon will most likely be gone and no way they take Floyd, his off field issues will keep him from ever coming here.

RLLD

According to Jaguars.com's John Oehser, Lee Evans looked in this week's minicamp like a player who can be "consistent, reliable, and productive" for the Jags this season. Oehser notes that Evans made impressive catches and moves on intermediate routes that were rarely seen from Jaguars receivers last season.

Compared to the other chaff on the team he likely does look pretty good. I honestly hope he does well in their system, I would not mind watching him play as well as I think he should. I would enjoy watching a skilled veteran display his craft; and I think I can get him much later than his ADP will be in drafts :wink:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Assuming Robinson stays healthy, I am not sure Evans freed up as a #2 won't do well. Key is injuries for Evans as well. If he is free to just roam deep, he could be a decent player next year.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Injuries are definitly a key to those two successes this season. Putting them in rotation with Thomas could help also. Still think we need another 1 or 2 WRs from the draft in training camp. Basically we now have 3 WRs on the team and two just signed, after Thomas we have nothing better than some pee wee flag football WRs. Can't believe Cecil Shorts is still around on the team.

xqj47alpha

Banned
First of all, Lee Evans is hands down better than Larry Robinson. Not even close. Robinson is the guy that Tony would throw it to whenever he got lost in the secondary because of players like Dez Bryant, Miles Austin and Jason Witten.

Signing Lee Evans is about par for a team that struggles to throw down field almost historically.
Signing iffy receivers and hoping Marcedes will somehow keep his head in an entire game is a lazy bet at best to me.

If they get the chance, they should draft Floyd.

There are very few teams that should pass on Floyd, and the Jags sure as shooting ain't one of 'em.
Other than drafting Floyd, I don't trust the Jags to take any other WR at number 7. They'll just botch it.

I'd count Lee and Larry as one WR.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Alot of talk coming out from Evans now saying he is excited to have the chance at a new start and likes to be back w/Mularky and looking forward to training camp so they (qb/wr) can get on the same page come week 1. And from what i hear and read on the site here and there, he has been looking pretty sharp in route running. Shows how bad our WRs were last year if they are already praising him after just a little spring practice. Now if we cn get MJD signed and happy.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Really stoked we got Blackmon. Owner really wanted him and it showed when he moved up two spots to grab him. Now the talent is there, no more excuses for Gabbert.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Really stoked we got Blackmon. Owner really wanted him and it showed when he moved up two spots to grab him. Now the talent is there, no more excuses for Gabbert.
IF and only IF, they get MJD happy and back in camp. If he is there, Gabbert could be in a great situation for a solid year.