Who should I be targeting

GRS0002

I'm telling you, it puts you outside the top tier. The first three picks will be Moreno, Wells, and Crabtree. You're better off holding onto Ronnie Brown, and your 2.5, and your 1st round pick next year, and just going with 1.5 and 1.6

Totally agree... the top tier picks are the first three. Unless someone totally screws up, your not getting the top tier talent in the draft after 1.03.

mills

should i trade up? 1.5 and 1.6 for 1.3? Morano is who I'm really gunning for... Assuming the picks go Crabtree then Wells... But if not, I would be happy with either of those guys. Never drafted in a rookie only draft, so I don't know how much of a roll where a rookie goes affects their draft... any experience?

Last edited by a moderator:

mills

I have these deals pending my decission... 1.5 and 1.6 for 1.2. or 1.6 and 4.5 for Kevin Smith... What would you guys do in this situation?

I'm leaning towards the Kevin Smith trade as he is proven and the #1 guy in Detroit. This would also leave me with 1.4 and 1.5 (I made the Brown trade...)

With the 1.4, I can go Greene or Brown (I really like Greene) and with 1.5 I can rollwith Maclin.

If I decided to go with the 1.2 trade, that solidifies Wells/Morano or Crabtree depending on who the #1 spot takes then I get another pick at 1.4...

dukdown

Banned
tough choice. Surprised you would have traded so much for that 1.04 pick. It would be tempting to me to take that Kevin Smith trade, and then trade my 1.04 and 1.05 to move up and get a shot at either Moreno or Crabtree. But if you're that high on Greene and Maclin, I don't think you'll have any problem getting them at 1.04 and 1.05. Heck, you might even want to trade down a bit and see if you can somehow get your 2010 first round pick back. Again, for me, I'd value players of the caliber of Donald Brown and Hakeem Nicks there at 4 & 5. But Greene does kinda remind me of a Frank Gore type runner.

tough choice. Surprised you would have traded so much for that 1.04 pick. It would be tempting to me to take that Kevin Smith trade, and then trade my 1.04 and 1.05 to move up and get a shot at either Moreno or Crabtree. But if you're that high on Greene and Maclin, I don't think you'll have any problem getting them at 1.04 and 1.05. Heck, you might even want to trade down a bit and see if you can somehow get your 2010 first round pick back. Again, for me, I'd value players of the caliber of Donald Brown and Hakeem Nicks there at 4 & 5. But Greene does kinda remind me of a Frank Gore type runner.
what duk said

Last edited by a moderator:

Zombie Wolf

Personally I would not trade Ronnie Brown for the 1.4 , Brown is healthy and will be solid for you this year . At the 1.4 you are taking a risk at what you will get which could end up a bust . Since it is not a Dynasty league I feel that Crabtree just might fall to you at the 1.5 ,,, also at this spot you might have the option of D.Brown / Maclin / or P.Harvin who could be a sleeper this year . Personally I would wait until after the draft before you make any moves ,, this will clear up alot of questions you have by seeing where some of these guys land ? . Then you can gage the upside of each player ... example if Crabtree lands in Oakland I think his value will take a hit , and he will drop down further in the draft ....If STL takes him it would be different .... same with all these rookie running backs this year ... there value will be depend on what team takes them ... Scary sometimes to make moves to early . I had a guy offer me the 1.1 pick in my Dynasty League this year for P.Manning ! something I might consider since my team is hurting in the running back position .... after looking at the running backs this year I had to decline ! the chance is just to great with all the running backs in the league right now , and all the RBBC going on ...... This years RB class is very weak . Zombie