What player was your biggest fantasy league disappointment in 2011 ?

1 Crazy Commish

What player was your biggest fantasy league disappointment in 2011 ?
Let's not include players with major injuries. Man I can think of quite a few, but I'll give you guys the first few replies at it. Who did you really take too early in the draft or trade someone the wrong guy for? Who did you think might carry a team that only made them worse?

jjtweeks

For me it was Freeman. Was not too early of a pick but it was disappointing anyway. Mike Williams was my #4 pick and was an equal disappointment

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Reggie Wayne...it is completely understandable but at draft time if he is dangleing out there you can't resist picking him. 3rd or 4th round you got to pick him but of course you don't know at that time that Manning will miss the season.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
In respect to my previos post you have to look at L. Fitzgerald. Almost the same situation but he did put up some good numbers for the year.

Escrow

Well I won my money league, but drafting OchoCinco as my WR4 in round 7 over Jimmy Graham was a mistake(settled for KWIII then play roulette and finished with Keller)

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
By League:
Shula - CJ2k - Deal for him 3 years ago and thought he would be the cornerstone to build around. Expect a top 3 RB, not a top 20 RB......
Local - Rivers - Expected him to really break out....so much so that I dealt Rodgers in this 10 team 4 keeper league so I could draft Rivers in the 1st round. My last round pick of Newton bailed out this poor judgement call.
Hired Guns - Mike Williams - Had high hopes for him after his rookie year, but after week 3, he only hit my starting lineup twice the rest of the year.
Outlaw County - Hillis - I expected a drop off from last season, but I didn't expect him to be worthless all year....

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Using a 2nd rounder in Death From Above (must start 4/5 WR's per week) for DeSean Jackson in such a deep WR dominant league could've been a death sentence (no pun intended) especially after I lost Britt early.
Only thing that salvaged a decent season was the re-emergence of Steve Smith who I got in the middle rounds and snagging Torrey Smith off waivers, but DeSean was a serious wet blanket.

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
CJ2Flop

Glad I got AJ Green and Steve Smith to go along with my Frank Gore.

Oh yea, and Jimmy Graham at TE saved my arss a few weeks.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Hakeem Nicks, Peyton Hillis, Legarrette Blount, and the biggest disappointment on my roster is.....

Santonio Holmes, NYJ waa waaa waaaaaaaaa

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I got hit by Wayne, Hillis, Charles and Freemon. All different leagues, but it hurt each team.

bobbeaux

Freeman, Flacco, CJ2K, AJ, Wayne, Nicks, Holmes all hurt me in multiple leagues.

I think my biggest dissappointment wasn't against a player, but injuries.

I had 4 of 5 teams make the playoffs only to lose Forte in 2 and F Jackson in the other 2 right before the playoffs started . . . :(

ExperiencedRookie

Im going to go a different direction on this thread.

My biggest disappointment was predicting Marshawn Lynch to have a big season, drafting him with my 6th rounder, and then dropping him in week 4 of the NFL season when he only had 117 yds and and no TDs.

in the next 13 games he goes for 1087 and 12 TDs.

Averages 39 yds/game and no TDs while on my squad and then 83 Yds and 1 TD/game when he's plucked off of waivers by someone else in my league.

SWEET DECISION!

Oh and while I'm complaining...

I drafted Kenny Britt and had him on my bench for the 1st 2 weeks of the season when he was destroying the stat column like a public bathroom. Then I finally wised up and put him in my lineup for week 3 when he would go down with a season ending injury.

Then there was also spending a 3rd rounder on LeGarbage Blount and a 4th rounder on OchoStink-0.

I suck at this.

Coachnorm

Im going to go a different direction on this thread.

My biggest disappointment was predicting Marshawn Lynch to have a big season, drafting him with my 6th rounder, and then dropping him in week 4 of the NFL season when he only had 117 yds and and no TDs.

in the next 13 games he goes for 1087 and 12 TDs.

Averages 39 yds/game and no TDs while on my squad and then 83 Yds and 1 TD/game when he's plucked off of waivers by someone else in my league.

SWEET DECISION!

Oh and while I'm complaining...

I drafted Kenny Britt and had him on my bench for the 1st 2 weeks of the season when he was destroying the stat column like a public bathroom. Then I finally wised up and put him in my lineup for week 3 when he would go down with a season ending injury.

Then there was also spending a 3rd rounder on LeGarbage Blount and a 4th rounder on OchoStink-0.

I suck at this.

Let me tell you about one of my dynasty teams. Cedric Benson, steady points, never spectacular. Ahmad Bradshaw, substandard year and missed a lot of time. All the Colts RBs and Two Colts WRs. Saints RB Mark Ingram in the rookie draft and I grabbed Plaxico then. But I had two up and coming young QBs Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman.

I have to give Cam Newton a lot of credit he did make Steve Smith viable again, only bright spot.