TJ Housh to re-sign with Cincy?

Runnik's Hambones

Now come on, if your a defensive coordinator your going to tell me that you are going to pay more attention to Bobby Engram than TJ? Sorry, if TJ goes to Seattle he would draw the #1 corner each week and would see constant double teams. He would be their #1 and I don't think it would be close from a defensive attention standpoint.

Defensive stand point, I completely agree with you. But I think Housh would make Engram better. Defenses would have to respect Bobby a lot more with TJ on that team. The reason I said TJ would be #2 is namely his play style. He fits the #2 role better, from an offensive stand point.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Housh is making his way to Minn from Seattle.

SportingNews.com - ProFootballTalk

But Houshmandzadeh might have to temper his expectations. The market simply hasn't been there, likely due in part to his age (he'll turn 32 this year) and the concern that he's another Alvin Harper or Peerless Price -- a No. 2 wideout who can't become the No. 1 guy.
Good quote from that article. This is what Housh is up against, and they are both valid concerns. His best "fit" may just be his current situation....

From the Minny standpoint I'm not sure what to expect if he goes there. AP takes the focus and it's hard to double someone when you play 8 in box. I'm not sold Sage in the answer here, but with AP and a deep threat in Berrian, Housh can step in as the move the chain guy and be a great red zone threat. I think this may be his best landing spot if Sage is the QB some think he can be. If not, then they are still a QB short of having a great team.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
For lack of better terminology, he needs to sh(t or get off the pot. Looks to me like he isn't as valuable as he made himself out to be.

TJ, God love him, isn't worth the sacrifice.

Stealing from Peter to pay Paul, or the like.

TJ playing for Dallas? Who said that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
as a vikings fan, id pass. sure id be happy to have him and hes a great compliment to berrian, but id rather invest the money elsewhere.

as a vikings fan, id pass. sure id be happy to have him and hes a great compliment to berrian, but id rather invest the money elsewhere.
you say with the air apparent.

No Doubt Housh is no sooner the cure Hercules was Greece

Makes for a pretty mess, yes?:thrash:

Coachnorm

Well we should soon know if Housh will stick to his self emposed deadline. He arrived at Minny and hasn't left yet.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Well he is now going to decide sometime tomorrow. Housh needs some sleep and time to think about what he wants to decide.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
lol, man he's hung around COC too much, he's almost as big of a drama queen as chad, just chad takes all the attention so many don't see it in him.....

Will be interesting to see what he decides, thought he was supposed to head to Tampa today? Is he still in Minny? If he is, I'd say he's going to be a Vike, he got there on Saturday.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Found him.....he's still in the twin cities and supposedly has three contract offers to consider.

A text message to T.J. Houshmandzadeh’s agent asking if he still expects a decision tonight was greeted with a one word response.
“No,” agent Kennard McGuire wrote.
So it looks like a decision likely won’t come until tomorrow. Houshmandzadeh is going to spend the night in the Twin Cities and consider contract offers from the Vikings, Bengals and Seahawks. Presumably there will be an announcement tomorrow.
We’ll keep you posted on anything we hear throughout the night.
Access Vikings:
Alright, based on the info we have here is my take. TJ will be a Minnesota Viking. He got into Minny on Sat and is still there? He's not leaving.....

The word is it is a 3 team race, IMO it's probably a two team race, I'm tossing Seattle out of the mix. I think it is down to Minnesota and returning to Cincy. I have a feeling that none of the contracts are what he was looking for, but the Minny number is likely the highest, not by much, over Cincy's. Housh is still pondering if there is any hometown discount to take, or if he's going to leave the only pro team he has known for a close offer.....

This is just my gut feeling and not backed by anything than me trying to connect the dots here. Earlier I felt the longer this went the better it was for Cincy, but with him still in minny my feeling have shifted. I think by this time tomorrow Housh will be wearing purple.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
meh. id just rather use the money elsewhere, but he would be a fine addition on our team for sure. berrian and housh complement each other very well, with wade as a sure handed slot guy for 3 WR threats and sid rice as the future / a redzone threat. add in a top 10 OL, a superstud RB, and you have a pretty good offense... hopefully.

personally id much rather put the money toward a decent qb, but this team clearly has no plans on doing that under brad childress. now that we have traded for sage, its clearly another year of tjack + backup, so i may as well not kid myself. given that, adding a WR like housh is probably as good an addition as we could make. probably means we end up paying two good #2 WRs with #1 WR money, but oh well. id rather invest into the right side of the OL or go after a good free agent up the middle of the defense (DT, MLB, or SS) but i could definitely think of many worse ways to spend money.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Well if this report is true then Housh has some explaining to do if he does turn it down. He has said all along that he would like to stay in Cincy if they make him a "fair" offer.....well by the report is sounds like they are loffing him a [retty rich deal for someone turning 32 this year....

The Bengals aren’t only trying to retain free-agent wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh by making a lucrative financial offer. John Clayton of ESPN reports that Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer is making constant calls to his friend in an attempt to keep him in Cincinnati.
Houshmandzadeh will have plenty to think about tonight in his Minneapolis hotel room. The key issue will be financial. The Cincinnati Enquirer is reporting the Bengals have an offer on the table higher than the deals Plaxico Burress (five years, $35 million, $11 million guaranteed) and Hines Ward (five years, $33 million) received.
That’s a pretty rich offer considering the Vikings and Seahawks are believed to be offering three-year deals.
Access Vikings:

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
you gotta read between the lines on that one. the key number there isnt the 5 years or the $35 million, its the $11 million guaranteed. that probably means something more like he makes $13 million in the first two years and then gets cut and never sees the back-loaded end of that contract.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I agree, has to be with the structure of the contracts.....would like to know what the guaranteed money is in the 3 deals.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
It looks like the Eagles aren't going to sign Housh now... which is a shame. The Eagles are looking to get young at EVERY position and rebuild. TJ simply doesn't fit into their plans.

This sucks.