TJ Housh to re-sign with Cincy?

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
That is the late night rumor around the league according to ESPN. Apparently Carson Palmer has been lobbying hard for Housh to stick around, and it sounds like it may have paid off.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Heard last night it was a possibility, I know Carson is working on him hard.....in the end I don't think it happens but I hope I am wrong.

RLLD

They need to keep him, he will need to catch three TD's a game for them to avoid being blown out each week...:shake:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Nothing is done here folks. He is still talking to teams, and is in Seattle right now I believe.

Coachnorm

Read an interesting report that the eagles are no longer interested in Housh. The report says Houshs agent McGuire told the eagles Housh would play there for less but the Eagles found out that the price mentioned to them was higher than the price to other teams.

Coachnorm

I wonder if moving would change his Fantasy value much. We all love Housh as the #2wr that puts up #1 numbers. Housh in Seattle would be great for Seattle, how about his fantasy owners.

Runnik's Hambones

Completely depends on the QB. Housh will be drafted the same as Housh is always drafted. Even with a not-so-good QB last year, he put up decent numbers fantasy wise. I think he puts up #1 numbers still in Seattle.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
As someone who has watched Housh his whole career I'm not so sure.....

It's only a very small sample b/c COC has been pretty durable, but look at the couple games without a true #1 on the other side, Housh disappears....

He's never been the focal point of a defensive game plan or played against #1 corners all season. At 32 he will now have to do this....that would concern me if he goes somewhere in which he all of a sudden becomes the primary passing weapon without anyone to take any pressure off of him. I know Philly is out of the running supposedly, but that would have been a good spot. With DJax and Westy there is enough other weapons that Housh would do very well. Same in NY, there are enough weapons that he would do well there. Seattle, SF, and Minny I'm not so sure. He would go in and be the play maker in the passing game and every defense could key on him week in and week out. That would worry me.......

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Today is an interesting day to watch, Housh has said since the start that he wants to be signed by Saturday night. he does not want to take this into Sunday. If he's not signed by tonight I think that makes Cincy a big player as Housh is not getting the money love he thought he would.

Coachnorm

Sounds like he thought the money would be so big that an totally obvious choice would become apparent. Sounds like time is one the Bengals side.

Runnik's Hambones

As someone who has watched Housh his whole career I'm not so sure.....

It's only a very small sample b/c COC has been pretty durable, but look at the couple games without a true #1 on the other side, Housh disappears....

He's never been the focal point of a defensive game plan or played against #1 corners all season. At 32 he will now have to do this....that would concern me if he goes somewhere in which he all of a sudden becomes the primary passing weapon without anyone to take any pressure off of him. I know Philly is out of the running supposedly, but that would have been a good spot. With DJax and Westy there is enough other weapons that Housh would do very well. Same in NY, there are enough weapons that he would do well there. Seattle, SF, and Minny I'm not so sure. He would go in and be the play maker in the passing game and every defense could key on him week in and week out. That would worry me.......

I agree with you on the point that Housh is not a #1 guy. I think a smart coach would be able to understand that. Coachnorm for example said that Housh has always been the #2 reciever that put up #1 type numbers. I think in order for him to be successfull, he needs to stay in this #2 role. When I said that he will still perform, I meant that under the assumption that he would still be the #2 reciever.

As DB has stated before in a different thread, Seattle has a decent WR core. If Housh is dealt there (assuming that they would not either be able to get Crabtree anymore in the Housh deal, or that they would hopefully use that 1st round pick to fill another hole in their team if Housh is on thier squad by that time) Engram would have to remain that #1 guy. Housh would be the #2 and Burlson would fit nicely as the #3. They also have Deon Branch. This would allow Housh to remain as much of a threat as he was playing opposite COC. That would be a very dangerous WR core in Seattle, IMO.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Now come on, if your a defensive coordinator your going to tell me that you are going to pay more attention to Bobby Engram than TJ? Sorry, if TJ goes to Seattle he would draw the #1 corner each week and would see constant double teams. He would be their #1 and I don't think it would be close from a defensive attention standpoint.

dukdown

Banned
Great points Miller, and good point Norm that time, in this economy, could very well be on the Bengals side. As a person who traded away my 1.09 rookie draft pick for Housh in a Dynasty league, I'd be pretty excited to see what he could do as a X receiver. I think he's the kind of player that will find a way to be productive though. If Carson Palmer is back, I guess from a fantasy standpoint, because he already knows the offense, I'd like to see him back in Cincy. Just not sure if he's mentally into the return.

Side note, how is Palmer doing?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Housh has stated from the start that if the Bengals made him a fair offer he would return, but stated how would he know what a fair offer is unless he tests free agency?

He has a great relationship with Palmer and Palmer is lobbing hard for him to return to Cincy. As far as how Palmer is doing, no news is good news. Sounds like he is fine and elbow is good to go.