Texans first pick

Remote Controller

I see Clowney as more of a diva type than Johnny. Clowney took the year off, in my opinion, hurting his college team. Johnny took shots to help his. I see johnny as a player who will leave it all on the field and Clowney a player who won't really even want to practice.

efactor

Coming at you
I know......pretty sad huh? I am finding a trend though that it seems like the elite athletes are drawn to him and many of the mockers (non athletes) are saying avoid.

Prime Time may be an elite athlete, but that doesn't mean he is even close to knowing that Manziel will be an elite QB. Sorry, it doesn't translate.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
With Manziel already attempting to secure the rights to “Johnny Football,” Darren Rovell of ESPN.com confirms that Manziel has applied for other trademarks, including “The House That Johnny Built.”

There’s no problem with a guy trying to maximize his revenue, from whatever legitimate and legal source. But at a time when Camp Manziel is trying to get everyone to believe he’s all about the steak and not about the sizzle, it would be smart to at least defer the sizzle until after the card with his name on it is turned in.
/QUOTE]

Yeah, no red flags about being a Diva here......

cctekguy

Staff member
This is weird, RC.

I've seen you place stern endorsements on players before but I've never seen you belabor the point.

What's up with this kid?

Do you really think he's gonna be THAT good?

Nah....I don't buy it.

You're gettin' a kickback, or it's your nephew, or the chick you're bangin thinks he hot or somethin'.

Maybe you got an inside tip on future endorsements and you're trying to run the stock up.

I'm with Miller on this one. The guy is a showboat trying to advance his Hollywood career or sweeten his stock portfolio by playing football.

Remote Controller

You guys might be right. Some players are driven to win though and I feel his drive to win overshadows his drive to promote.....which he will do plenty of after the wins. The divas I'm talking about promote themselves after they lose and even during the loss.

efactor

Coming at you
Jerry Rice??
Being a great player doesn't translate to being a great talent evaluator. How many great players turned out to be great coaches or GMs? And don't tell me because they don't want to or don't need the money.

The former players are now just talking heads and their opinion holds no more weight than non-athletes who watch and read. Sorry.

efactor

Coming at you
Just read where Deion said that Johnny Football had "ghetto tendencies" and people wouldn't accept him, but Houston should take him number one anyway. He then denies saying it, but the interview is up on the radio stations website. Guess it was a Deion impersonator.;)

Yes, he has so much credibility on these issues...................:cool:

efactor

Coming at you
Not exactly a ringing endorsement. You have to build your offense around him and constantly worry about him getting hurt.

No thanks. Give me the next great defensive end to bookend you already great DE...............

cctekguy

Staff member
Rumor now is that the Rams may take him @ 2.

Even though I think it's safe to say that Bradford is a bust, the thought of them spending ANOTHER 5 years with a wasted 1st round QB pick is unsettling.

The Rams need a quarterback that can pass. Not someone trying to pass for a quarterback.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Fun rumor out today saying that the Eagles have caught Manziel fever and that Houston has a thing for Foles. Now folks, IMO, Manziel could be lethal running Chip's offense.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Fun rumor out today saying that the Eagles have caught Manziel fever and that Houston has a thing for Foles. Now folks, IMO, Manziel could be lethal running Chip's offense.
Won't happen, Foles is dirt cheap.

I am starting to really buy into the hype of NO Qb until Minny picks. Even then I don't think its a lock. IF that is the case, Cleveland can sit and wait for thier 2nd pick in first round to nab any Qb they want.