Terrell Owens.... a no show????

bobbeaux

Bills' Owens to receive honor from Alzheimer's Association
Associated Press

BUFFALO, N.Y. -- Terrell Owens has a pretty good reason for missing the start of the Bills' voluntary offseason conditioning program this week.

Terrell Owens, WR
Buffalo Bills

2008 Statistics:
Receptions: 69
Yards: 1,052
Touchdowns: 10
The star receiver is in Washington, D.C., attending the sixth annual National Alzheimer's Gala. He'll receive the Alzheimer's Association's first Young Champions Award on Wednesday night for raising awareness in the fight against the disease. Owens' grandmother has Alzheimer's.

Among the others being honored are French President Nicolas Sarkozy, Democratic Sen. Jay Rockefeller of West Virginia and his wife, Sharon Percy Rockefeller.

Owens, who signed with the Bills on March 7, made headlines Monday when he was one of several players who didn't show up for the start of the team's 12-week voluntary workout program.

another job of "reporting" before checking the facts . . . ;)

Mike

Administrator
I wonder if we will hear about this on TV.

You can expect it to get maybe 10% of the activity on TV and on message boards. People look for reasons to speak badly on a guy, and have no interest in pointing out good things.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Well I don't feel sorry for the guy he did this to himself. BUT my point is now that we know why he missed (i already stated it wasn't a big deal he missed) will they say anything about it.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
An article at PFT stated this was no excuse for T.O. not to show up. So I doubt you will get the ringing endorsement you expect Mike.

GBG

Loser
As much as TO irks me, I can understand him not being present at the start of these workouts on Monday. Washington DC is a good 400 miles from where the Bills training camp is in Rochester. It would have been a pain in the ass for TO to train on Monday and/or Tuesday and then fly to DC, etc. The banquet was last night (Wednesday), so he should be on his way back to Rochester now. If he does not show up for camp this coming Monday, then I think he can be tarred and feathered, if that's what people desire. Missing the first week of voluntary training camp isn't the end of the world. Let's just hope that he steps up to the plate and shows up Monday or before.

Remote Controller

-- Chad Ocho Cinco No-Shows --
Mon Mar 30, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
ESPN's James Walker reports Cincinnati Bengals WR Chad Ocho Cinco was absent from the start of the team's offseason program Monday, QB Carson Palmer said. After a down year in 2008, Palmer and the Bengals hoped Ocho Cinco would be present. "I'm not worried about him; I'm worried about the guys we have here," Palmer said at a news conference Monday. "The guys that want to be here and want to work now are the guys who are in the locker room right now and are here today."
--------------------------------------------------------------

Palmer has the right attitude. Ocho and TO just don't get it.

ExperiencedRookie

This is neither a surprise or a big deal. It's TO. He's going to show up in great physical condition ready to play hard.

Yeah maybe he should be getting some time in with his new QB but I think he'll be fine. Like Trent Edwards said, TO's been doing this for a long time and he takes good care of himself. This is a non-story if you ask me.

Remote Controller

This is neither a surprise or a big deal. It's TO. He's going to show up in great physical condition ready to play hard.

Yeah maybe he should be getting some time in with his new QB but I think he'll be fine. Like Trent Edwards said, TO's been doing this for a long time and he takes good care of himself. This is a non-story if you ask me.
.....and I feel it is evident that these two guys have torn apart their respective teams. It is pretty easy to see that I am right!:xpopcorn:

ExperiencedRookie

.....and I feel it is evident that these two guys have torn apart their respective teams. It is pretty easy to see that I am right!:xpopcorn:

I might agree with you on Chad, mostly because he is such a freaknig idiot, but I don't agree on TO.

What I think it actually going on here is TO doing the Bills a favor. The media can't descend on little Buffalo looking for their big TO story if TO isn't there. It's also impossible for TO to tear apart the team when he's not there.

Remote Controller

I might agree with you on Chad, mostly because he is such a freaknig idiot, but I don't agree on TO.

What I think it actually going on here is TO doing the Bills a favor. The media can't descend on little Buffalo looking for their big TO story if TO isn't there. It's also impossible for TO to tear apart the team when he's not there.
What did TO bring to the 49er's, Eagles, and Cowboys that they didn't already have? They all experienced success, and they didn't experience anymore after his arrival.

ExperiencedRookie

What did TO bring to the 49er's, Eagles, and Cowboys that they didn't already have? They all experienced success, and they didn't experience anymore after his arrival.

You're so right. TO has never elevated the play of his QB. He's never stretched the defense with his deep threat. He's never made game changing catches.

Come on RC. You might not like the guy but don't let that blind you into foolishness.

Remote Controller

Um, the Eagles DID finally make it to the SB the year TO played for us :hide:
It seems to me, all TO accomplished here that they couldn't have done without him, was to start the chipping away of appreciation the Eagle fans had for McNabb. He divided the fan and the club house, ultimately dividing team chemistry. Westbrook and McNabb have done everything possible to hold it together. TO is cancer. As I mentioned above: This is my opinion. TO has not let me down yet, and won't in Buffalo.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator

That is the most rediculous thing I have ever read. T.O. does no one favors but himself. He is self centered, and yes I understand it isn't mandatory and I understand other players do this too.

Here is the point....he is new to a team, does not know the offense and he has been kicked off his third team for being basically a jerk and team detriment. At what point do all you appologists stop making excuses for this guy??dunno: