Terrell Owens.... a no show????

Remote Controller

You gotta be kidding me. Not TO!!! :rolllaugh:

• -- T.O. No-Shows --
    Mon Mar 23, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
  • The Buffalo News reports many of the Bills players reconvened this morning at the team's headquarters for the start of the team's voluntary, 12-week conditioning program. A lot of attention was expected to be on the high-profile newcomer to the team, WR Terrell Owens, but he wasn't there this morning. The Bills normally get about 50 players participating in all or most of the program. Players work out under the direction of the conditioning and training staff and meet with position coaches for film study. The Bills will not actually get on the field for full practices until late May and early June, when voluntary organized team activity workouts begin. Owens, a 6-foot-3, 218- pounder, is known for keeping himself in phenomenal condition. That's one reason why he has remained productive. He had 69 catches for 1,052 yards and 10 touchdowns as a 34-year-old last season in Dallas. Owens turned 35 on Dec. 7. Owens, like a lot of longtime veterans on many teams, participated in some but not all of the workouts in Dallas. “Terrell in the past has not been involved in all of those things,” Bills HC Dick Jauron said recently when asked if Owens would be in attendance. “My hope is that he's here. He knows how important it is for us, particularly in his first year with us.”
    ---------------------------------------------

Mike

Administrator
Owens, like a lot of longtime veterans on many teams, participated in some but not all of the workouts in Dallas. “Terrell in the past has not been involved in all of those things,”

Two important things to look at here. It is common for players to miss these things. I think they should be there, but there are many cases here on this forum where I have tried to criticize a player for not attending, but most would defend the players decision to work out privately when the workouts are not required.

The other thing is that it mentions this as being a common thing for many longtime veterans, so why does it become an issue for Terrell Owens? The same reason that anything becomes an issue for Terrell Owens.

Remote Controller

He could see to it that it wouldn't be an issue by showing up. That doesn't mean he'd have to do anything. This is going to be a train wreck.

Mike

Administrator
Why is it a train wreck, when you see it is clearly stated that many other veterans do the same thing? Are we going to blast all the players that don't show up for these things? Most will likely go completely unreported, and those that do, unless it is a player that we don't like, will get no attention.

Remote Controller

I think this year will be a train wreck.

He could have showed up, for his new owner, his new coach, his new teamates, and most importantly.....His new fans. He wouldn't od had to do a thing. "In my opinion" which last I knew, I had a right to, this guy is a joke and destroys teams. He hasn't let me down yet.

mills

I think this year will be a train wreck.

He could have showed up, for his new owner, his new coach, his new teamates, and most importantly.....His new fans. He wouldn't od had to do a thing. "In my opinion" which last I knew, I had a right to, this guy is a joke and destroys teams. He hasn't let me down yet.

I completely agree with this. He should be showing up for support more than working out or practicing. He needs to show that he's a team player and not a big ego like he's been in the past. So far, he's still all ego.

Arctic Dawgs

Why is it a train wreck, when you see it is clearly stated that many other veterans do the same thing? Are we going to blast all the players that don't show up for these things? Most will likely go completely unreported, and those that do, unless it is a player that we don't like, will get no attention.

How many of those guys will call the media for situps in their driveway, trash an opposing teams symbell during a game, throw teammates under the bus, etc... TO screams "Look at Me" then crys that he is held to too high a standard. If he wants less of the negative media, a lower profile would probably do the trick. Trouble is he has to have the higher media profile, but thinks he should get it for nothing. If he just continued to do his job, as he has been doing for his whole carreer, and left all the "Look at ME" shit out, he would probably be one of the most highly thought of players in the NFL

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Two important things to look at here. It is common for players to miss these things. I think they should be there, but there are many cases here on this forum where I have tried to criticize a player for not attending, but most would defend the players decision to work out privately when the workouts are not required.

The other thing is that it mentions this as being a common thing for many longtime veterans, so why does it become an issue for Terrell Owens? The same reason that anything becomes an issue for Terrell Owens.
Couple of things here, first I agree, they are not mandatory...so why is it an issue? Secondly, this is M.O. for T.O. as he works out on his own.

But here is the issue Mike. Which you seem to keep missing for some reason....this guy is considered (right or wrong) a cancer and team killer. So he just had to take a deal to get on a team....don't you think it would have made his image look better had he showed up to at least seem like he wanted to start our right and learn a new system? It is not like he knows Buffalo well or the team well.

Mike

Administrator
I'm not missing anything.

See what we are doing here? We are bringing up things from years ago as a reason for what we feel he should do now.

Trashing an opposing teams symbol? I remember that well. I also remember well that just about anyone that wasn't a Dallas Cowboys fan absolutely loved what he did. Now that he misses a voluntary workout, we go back and use that situation against him. I hated him for doing it because I was a Cowboys fan. Had he done it to a team I disliked, I would have loved it.

Calling the media out to watch him do situps? Is that actually what happened? I remember the event, but did he call them out to his house, or were they already hovering around his house waiting for him to fart so they could report on it?

I will never expect one person to be held to a different accountability for something such as a voluntary workout because of anything they did in the past.

I think all players should participate in team functions, but apparently it wasn't that important to the owners because they agreed to this format, and as long as this format exists, I don't think we have any place to be calling out specific people for not showing up. If not showing up for a voluntary workout is a problem, bring up everyone that fails to show up and rip them equally. And I know when I say this, that is isn't going to happen. Nor will any player be followed around as much as Owens is, regardless what he does or doesn't do at this point.

Arctic Dawgs

I'm not missing anything.

See what we are doing here? We are bringing up things from years ago as a reason for what we feel he should do now.

Trashing an opposing teams symbol? I remember that well. I also remember well that just about anyone that wasn't a Dallas Cowboys fan absolutely loved what he did. Now that he misses a voluntary workout, we go back and use that situation against him. I hated him for doing it because I was a Cowboys fan. Had he done it to a team I disliked, I would have loved it.

Calling the media out to watch him do situps? Is that actually what happened? I remember the event, but did he call them out to his house, or were they already hovering around his house waiting for him to fart so they could report on it?

I will never expect one person to be held to a different accountability for something such as a voluntary workout because of anything they did in the past.

I think all players should participate in team functions, but apparently it wasn't that important to the owners because they agreed to this format, and as long as this format exists, I don't think we have any place to be calling out specific people for not showing up. If not showing up for a voluntary workout is a problem, bring up everyone that fails to show up and rip them equally. And I know when I say this, that is isn't going to happen. Nor will any player be followed around as much as Owens is, regardless what he does or doesn't do at this point.

Mike, You are the guy that brought up all the other guys that don't get held up to the same standard. Have they behaved in a similar manner over the length of their career ? Personally, I have no use for what I term "Look at Me" guys. TO and Ocho are the 2 biggest examples going right now. I think Marc Gastineau was the first of the bunch, and I haven't had any use for 1 of them since

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Yes it would have been a good thing for TO to show up for work outs but he didn't and its not the end of the world.

Mike

Administrator
Ok, then criticize him when he does something to say "look at me", not for something that lots of other guys in the NFL do.

T.O. saying "look at me" is one thing. A writer that is desperate for a story and follows the guy around saying "look at T.O." is another.

Arctic Dawgs

Ok, then criticize him when he does something to say "look at me", not for something that lots of other guys in the NFL do.

T.O. saying "look at me" is one thing. A writer that is desperate for a story and follows the guy around saying "look at T.O." is another.

Agree with ya on that point Mike. Way too many of them pricks trying to invent a story. Thing is though, they don't get anything out of people that aren't playing their game usually

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I don't think this is a big deal at all. If he's not there for voluntary on the field work outs, that is an issue. Voluntary weight room sessions for a 35 yr old vet WR is not a big deal for me.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Who cares? He is known for keeping himself in top physical condition. Just people fishing for a story.

Who cares? He is known for keeping himself in top physical condition. Just people fishing for a story.
Yes, but more than that.

Is there a story if TO shows on time? maybe one in buffalo

What's the story?

Media attention in Buffalo, BABY!!!!!! Good bad ugly whatever.

TO still a No Show! Wow! Where's buffalo?

TO deadline reaches zero hour on espn. The suspense.

Motivational banter for the whole team should be next.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
to me the bigger story in Buffalo is more games possibly being moved to Toronto...not whether T.O. shows or not.

Still, it would have been a good jesture on his part to show up for first events on a new team.

Remote Controller

• -- Jerry Jones: Won't Trade Romo for Anyone --
    Tue Mar 24, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
  • ESPN reports Dallas Cowboys owner and GM Jerry ended his 30-minute session today by saying, "I wouldn't trade Tony for anybody." I think that was in response to some of the fantasy talk about trading QB Tony Romo for QB Jay Cutler. Here's the other stuff Jones said about Romo: "I've always been so amused about any talk of Tony and his focus on football and his work ethic," Jones said. "Tony's boring. He won't talk about anything but football and the Cowboys and how to move the ball and what plays we can run. I don't know if I've been around anybody that's just that into football. I wish he would talk more about spicy things, but I can't get him to." So other than his desire for Romo to spice up his conversations, Jones seems to feel pretty good about the quarterback.
  • This is the part I thought stuck out.
He talked about how pleased he was that WR Roy Williams and Romo have been working out together so much at Valley Ranch. Jones said that Williams showed up for workouts three weeks before the actual voluntary workouts began.