Terrell Owens.... a no show????

eaglechick

I'm back :)
TO was not a cancer on the Eagles until they lost the superbowl. he is happy as long as he's winning. so he's a bit of a sore loser, ok, i admit it. but imo there are worse faults than caring too much about winning--see vick, michael; burress, plaxico; jones, adam; marshall, brandon; etc etc.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
TO was not a cancer on the Eagles until they lost the superbowl. he is happy as long as he's winning. so he's a bit of a sore loser, ok, i admit it. but imo there are worse faults than caring too much about winning--see vick, michael; burress, plaxico; jones, adam; marshall, brandon; etc etc.
Okay fine.

However, being upset about losing, and putting yourself first regardless of your team is just stupid, selfish and egotistical. Had he been getting on the Organization for bad moves or such is one thing....all he does is whine about me, me, me. That is really helpful....sigh....:rolleyes:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Continuing on a tangent......

It is a special case if it happens on one team. It is a hopefully changeable pattern if it happens on two teams. But good God folks....it is three teams now...and he still shows no evidence of change. Seriously...what does it take?

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
If you don't like TO and never will and no matter what he does you won't like then just say it but this wasn't mandatory if the Bills wanted him there they should have made these work outs mandatory or put in his contract he had to come to all work outs.

And yes it would have been nice if he should up but the man keeps in great shape so i don't see this as a big deal. TO causes problems when he doesn't get the ball enough thats when he cause problems. And I'm not a TO fan at all but i think all of this is a bit much for something that wasn't mandatory.

Remote Controller

If you don't like TO and never will and no matter what he does you won't like then just say it but this wasn't mandatory if the Bills wanted him there they should have made these work outs mandatory or put in his contract he had to come to all work outs.

And yes it would have been nice if he should up but the man keeps in great shape so i don't see this as a big deal. TO causes problems when he doesn't get the ball enough thats when he cause problems. And I'm not a TO fan at all but i think all of this is a bit much for something that wasn't mandatory.
:nannie:

Phicinfan

Administrator
I have, many times.

My point is yes, I understand this was not mandatory.
Yes, I understand he is "supposedly" in great shape.
Yes, I understand many vets do this.

What escapes me is this. Here is a guy who was dropped from not one, not two but three teams. All for being a bad attitude and tearing up a team. Here is his shot to show everyone wrong...and what do we get. T.O. Fine, he is what he is. But I don't see why everyone is making excuses for him. I just accept he is what he is....a pain in the ass.

I can see your point. I am just amazed at some who were just saying he will be fine and he isn't really an issue. I mean come on.....

Mike

Administrator
Bunch of haters.

Shouldn't you guys be putting together threads for every player that skips a "voluntary" workout this year? Surely were not going to just stop at two players are we? ;)

:runsawayreallyfast:

ExperiencedRookie

The thing is that once the season starts no one is even going to remember that TO skipped voluntary work outs.

It's what he does on the field and in the locker room during the season that should define him.

Mike

Administrator
So many NFL greats are so lucky to have not had to play during our current 24/7 news cycle. We would have such worse opinions of all these guys simply because we are constantly caught up in everything they do, rather than how they perform on the field.

Sometimes I think leagues like the NFL would actually fall in popularity if we didn't have characters like this to demonize on a regular basis.

In the 70's and early 80's, we hated the uniform with a passion. Today, we go after the player. I liked it better when we concentrated our hate on the team, and didn't see the players faces nearly as often.

Remote Controller

So many NFL greats are so lucky to have not had to play during our current 24/7 news cycle. We would have such worse opinions of all these guys simply because we are constantly caught up in everything they do, rather than how they perform on the field.

Sometimes I think leagues like the NFL would actually fall in popularity if we didn't have characters like this to demonize on a regular basis.

In the 70's and early 80's, we hated the uniform with a passion. Today, we go after the player. I liked it better when we concentrated our hate on the team, and didn't see the players faces nearly as often.
I agree on this. This goes for politicians too. There will likely never be another "liked" President with blogs, and the 24/7 news cycle.

Remote Controller

He has staged many events for the press, so I do not feel sorry for this guy at all. He is his own worst enemy most of the time, and that is the premise of my original post.

Remote Controller

• -- T.O.: What's the Big Deal? --
    Thu Apr 9, 2009 --from FFMastermind.com​
  • AP reports WR Terrell Owens can't understand why everyone made such a big deal out of him missing the start of the Buffalo Bills voluntary workout program last month. He's here now, and intends to take part in all of the team's voluntary minicamps once they open next month. "What I find so unfair is that I'm not the only guy out of 32 teams that didn't show up," Owens said Thursday. "That's what's so frustrating about the whole thing." Acquired in free agency last month, the Bills receiver took part in several workouts this week, saying it was important for him to start meeting his new teammates. Owens also had message for anyone questioning whether he'll be a disruption. Breaking into a smile, Owens said: "No worries."
    -------------------------------------------------------
"As to why everybody has made such a big deal out of it"

It's everybodies fault but yours TO!!! :grin: Especially those damn writers!!