TCU beats Wisconsin in Rose Bowl

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Why can't OSU go to TCU? You think OSU needs the home field advantage to win?
Where would you sit the TCU fans?? OSU would travel more than that band box they play in holds....You could put the Bucks and Horn Frogs in Texas Stadium, Jerry would love that, but why would the Buckeyes play in front of 48k when they can host and play in front on 106k? Pure econimics......until they get a Big boy stadium, they are not going to get big boy games like TCU/OSU........maybe they need to elevate their stadium to be consistent with the play of their football team. Now hold a Neutral site (yet still home game) at Texas Stadium would be a great home/home 2 year series.

And I don't think you can say OSU is scared to play anywhere....Home and Homes with Texas/USC/Miami FL/Cal/Va Tech/Okla/Tenn all in the past few years or on the schedule already for the future.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
OSU is scared ;)
lol, yeah, real scared....we've played Texas in a home and home.....who actually HAS a National Title....USC, yep, played them too......TCU isn't "scary", they are just good. But so are the Buckeyes who have been to what.....6 straight BCS games???? 3-3 in those games....and 8 BCS games since 02 and 4-4 in those......hmmmm, scared isn't something I think the Buckeyes are.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
:biglaugh: your not serious are you??? 8 BCS Bowl games in 9 years! Go ahead, list the schools that have EVER done this.....I guess if you play in the Charmin Toilet Bowl each season you can expect to have a great Bowl record.....but when you play in Elite Bowls EVERY year, you are going to pick up losses. And I was wrong....with all the BCS wins, guess I missed one....They are 5-3 in those 8! You can also add in a 9th appearance and 6th win (6-3 overall) with the 99 Sugar! Also, the non-BCS Bowl was a win as well, so 6-3 in the last 9 bowls overall as well (.667%)

Their 9 appearances is #1 in the history on the BCS!
Their 6 Wins is #1 in the history of the BCS! (USC would be tied if not for their vacated win)
Only 5 school with at least 3 appearances have a higher win % (USC, Florida, LSU (4-0!)), Miami, Texas) Only 2 of those teams (USC & Florida) have played in more than 5 BCS games.

So if having more wins and more appearances than anyone in the history of the BCS is mediocre, than I'd hate to be everyone else that is staring up at them!

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Okay and of that 4-4 or 5-3 record, which ever it is, how many of those wins were against the SEC ? What were the 8 opponents they played those years ? Not saying OSU isn't a good team, but when somebody tells me how great they are but are only 4-4 in 8 bowl games, im not impressed. That is mediocre at best. Hell if i was i Gator fan i could run around saying they're better than OSU in BCS games 'cause they are 4-0. ANd they'd have to lose 4 straight just to have the same record.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Well if you were a Gator fan and you wanted to brag about being a better program than Ohio State over the BCS era, I really couldn't argue with you.....but they are not 4-0, they are 5-1 and have 2 NC's...very impressive (they would only have to lose 2 in a row to have a worse record, not 4)! However, that is still 3 less BCS appearances than the Buckeyes and 1 less win, which would also be pretty damn impressive. I can't tell you what to be impressed by, but to dismiss 9 BCS bowl appearances and a 6-3 record in those games and call it mediocre seems like a biased and non-objective statement.

As far as the SEC record, they are 1-2. But these are BCS games, the opponets are damn good no matter what confrence you are playing. Of their 6 wins, 1 ended one of the best runs by a college team in recent history when they ended the Miami Hurricanes run. 2 were against the Big 12 and A&M had 1 loss going into the game and KSU had 2, 1 was a 1 loss Notre Dame team until the Buckeyes handed them loss #2, 1 was over the Pac-10 champ Oregon Ducks who went on to play in the NC game the next year , and the last was against the SEC's Ark.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Ok i'm done. Just getting stupid, lack of better words, now. Don't know what to think and dont think i'll spend time caring about it either. All the different records and how they change thread to thread is what did it. First somebody is 4-4 then they are 5-3 then whatever it went to. Florida was 4-0 in one thread then 5-1 in the next and all thats from your words. I'm just going by what your typing. Seems to be alot of inconsistency there. Ok i get it your a OSU fan and seem pretty die hard, so in your mind they are the greatest team around. And nothing, not even stats will say otherwise.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Ok i'm done. Just getting stupid, lack of better words, now. Don't know what to think and dont think i'll spend time caring about it either. All the different records and how they change thread to thread is what did it. First somebody is 4-4 then they are 5-3 then whatever it went to. Florida was 4-0 in one thread then 5-1 in the next and all thats from your words. I'm just going by what your typing. Seems to be alot of inconsistency there. Ok i get it your a OSU fan and seem pretty die hard, so in your mind they are the greatest team around. And nothing, not even stats will say otherwise.
Sorry, I can't force you to read what I write correctly....I NEVER said Florida was 4-0....here is EXACTLY what I wrote above:
(USC, Florida, LSU (4-0!))
Notice, I pointed out LSU was 4-0, NOT Florida.....sorry you made that confusion and it ruined the thread for you, but let's just make sure we point out who said what.

And as far as the Bucks, I already pointed out that I was wrong on the 4-4.....and corrected.....but you chose to continue to cite the 4-4....again, I can not control what you choose to read and choose to ignore. In order of how they were posted:
8 BCS games since 02 and 4-4 in those
Just a .500 team in bowl games last 8 years? Thats mediocre at its best.
:biglaugh: your not serious are you??? 8 BCS Bowl games in 9 years! Go ahead, list the schools that have EVER done this.....I guess if you play in the Charmin Toilet Bowl each season you can expect to have a great Bowl record.....but when you play in Elite Bowls EVERY year, you are going to pick up losses. And I was wrong....with all the BCS wins, guess I missed one....They are 5-3 in those 8! You can also add in a 9th appearance and 6th win (6-3 overall) with the 99 Sugar! Also, the non-BCS Bowl was a win as well, so 6-3 in the last 9 bowls overall as well (.667%)
Okay and of that 4-4 or 5-3 record, which ever it is, how many of those wins were against the SEC ? What were the 8 opponents they played those years ? Not saying OSU isn't a good team, but when somebody tells me how great they are but are only 4-4 in 8 bowl games, im not impressed. That is mediocre at best.

So....you misread LSU for Florida and also have selective memory on me correcting the OSU record and you want to talk about inconsistencies??? Seems to me I am trying to give you the FACTS and all you want to do is try to say how mediocre the Buckeyes are....again, please show me a team with more BCS wins or more BCS appearances......and if they are mediocre, then I guess 99% of the teams in the country would then follow suit....

As far as this:
Ok i get it your a OSU fan and seem pretty die hard, so in your mind they are the greatest team around. And nothing, not even stats will say otherwise.
1) I am the ONLY one in this thread to give any stats.....if you have given any I must have missed them.
2) I don't think they are the greatest team around, but I do think they are one of the best programs in college football in the BCS era....stats seems to back that up. There are a couple programs who can put up great arguments, but that is it, and when you are in that company, I don't think I would use the word mediocre.
Here are the teams I think you can argue are better BCS era programs than OSU:
** USC - 7 appearances, 6-1 (if you include their vacated title), 1 title, 1-1 in title games
** Florida - 6 appearances, 5-1, 2 Titles, 2-0 in title games
** LSU - 4 appeearances, 4-0, 2 Titles, 2-0 in title games
** OSU - 9 appearances, 6-3, 1 Title, 1-2 in title games
My opinion is that the two muli-title programs rise to the top. LSU's only knock is they have been very inconsistent. Ohio State by comparison has played in twice as many BCS games as LSU, but no one can argue what they do once they get there. Florida IMO, is the top BSC era program. They have multiple titles and a great record overall. USC has a great number of appearances as well and a great record at 6-1. If you drop the title though, they fall out of this discussion IMO and behind the Buckeyes.

So out of all the division 1 school's in the country the stats bring 4 schools to the top and that is "mediocre"??? That was my argument all along. To get to that point you are looking at a 10 win season in most cases....to be consistently that good is anything but mediocre. Heck, Oklahoma is 3-5 in BCS games with one title and despite the 3-5 record, they have gotten to that point 8 times, I would not call them mediocre, they are a top 10 program in the BCS era.

Here is a complete history of the BCS and about 1/2 way down is a table by school. How would you rank them in terms of success over the BCS era? Who would be your top 4 or 5?
Bowl Championship Series - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bucknut

TCU and Boise are last year's Loiusville. Teams can shine for a couple years but in the long run they go right back to being a program that can't compete with the best.

With TCU now going to a BCS conference I guess they now have a chance to continue what they've started but it'll still be tough with the other programs they have to compete with for talent.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
TCU and Boise are last year's Loiusville. Teams can shine for a couple years but in the long run they go right back to being a program that can't compete with the best.

The difference with Boise State is that they have sustained it through 3 different coaches. Some schools out west are going to be good if they can land the best of the Pac-10 non-qualifiers.