TCU beats Wisconsin in Rose Bowl

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
PASADENA, Calif. -- TCU won the Rose Bowl for all those schools that never even imagined they could get there.

Andy Dalton threw a touchdown pass and ran for a score, linebacker Tank Carder swatted down a 2-point conversion pass attempt with 2 minutes to play, and the third-ranked Horned Frogs completed a perfect season with a 21-19 victory over No. 4 Wisconsin on Saturday.

Bart Johnson caught an early TD pass and recovered a late onside kick for the Mountain West champion Horned Frogs (13-0), who followed up their second straight unbeaten regular season by busting the BCS in dramatic fashion at the Rose Bowl.

Dalton passed for 219 yards for TCU, which won't win the national title -- that will go to either Auburn or Oregon after they meet in the BCS championship game in nine days.

These ferocious Frogs still proved they can play with anybody on college football's biggest stages.

ESPN NCAAF WISvTCU,1/01/2011

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
That was a great game. Guess all the so called experts were wrong. All the talk was about Wisconsins running game and their ability to score alot of points and they really weren't giving TCU a chance. It ended up being what i think is so far the best bowl game this season.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I really thought Wisconsin was going to win. I thought their offensive line would roll over TCU's defensive line. TCU looked very good. It was a good game.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
No way Wisky would have "rolled" over them. TCU is exceptionally tough, skilled, and well coached. Texas is loaded with talent the AQ or "Big Boys" overlook.

Hell of a win for TCU. I hope the Big East is ready come 2012.

maverick824

Boise has beaten Oklahoma (Big 12 champs), Alabama (SEC West champs), Oregon(Pac 10 champs that year), and Virginia Tech(ACC Champs)
TCU has added the Big 10 champ Badgers to the list of "big boys" these schools supposedly can't hang with.

Anyone else have a valid argument as to why these guys don't deserve a title shot?? Hope you guys are ready to see TCU run the table in the Big East next year, I'd LOVE to see the excuses as to why they don't get a title shot then. Boise should do the exact same out in the MWC. I'm just tired of hearing the "they don't play anybody" argument, it's getting tired.......

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
my bad, but still, Utah (another "small school") took Bama down. Rant remains the same LOL

I wouldn't call Utah a small school. Even before the Pac-12 invite, they were a quality program that pumped out more than their fair share of NFL talent. Boise State, the former Big Sky member and community college is an entirely different story.

maverick824

small school = BCS non-AQ team(automatic qualifier).......this is how college football defines big program/small program. I'm not saying Utah's athletic boosters, enrollment, etc isn't bigger than teams from the Sun Belt (god knows we don't need another debate like last year's), just simply saying that the year Utah beat Alabama, they were a non-AQ "little guy" beating the big school establishment.