Sarges PreSeason Top 25

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I can tell you, the excitement is back in Lincoln. Been there the past two weekends, and people are looking very proud again.

I got told I was #1 more than once for wearing my colors through town :)

A healthy Nebraska is good for football. I still dont see them as a threat to the kingpins of the South Division.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I think so as well. He is the tough coach with the big personality they needed.

They have some interesting options at WR. One to keep an eye on is Leander, Texas product Curenski Gillylen. QB is also an interesting spot with Zac Lee and Patrick Witt going at it for the top spot.

I think Roy Helu Jr will be the star RB of the north division.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
1. Florida Gators
2. Texas Longhorns
3. USC Trojans
4. Oklahoma Sooners
5. Ohio State Buckeyes
6. Alabama Crimson Tide
7. Virginia Tech Hokies
8. Mississippi Rebels
9. Penn State Nittany Lions
10. LSU Tigers
11. Oregon Ducks
12. Georgia Bulldogs
13. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
14. California Golden Bears
15. Oklahoma State Cowboys
16. Boise State Broncos
17. TCU Horned Frogs
18. Utah Utes

19. North Carolina Tar Heels
20. Iowa Hawkeyes
21. Nebraska Corn Huskers
22. Kansas Jayhawks

23. Florida State Seminoles
24. Brigham Young Cougars
25. Oregon State Beavers

SEC - 5
Big 12 - 5
PAC 10 - 4
ACC - 4
Big 10 - 3
MWC - 3
WAC - 1

Even though i am a Bulldog fan, being placed at #12 is an over sight. That is ranked too high. This will be a rough year being a Dawg fan. We play enough marshmellows to have a winning season but even Vandy and Kentucky will give Georgia a run for its money.

FSU is over ranked, even at #23. The ACC is getting tougher now and too many teams gun for FSU each year. Hopefully Clemson can wake up and play like they were suppossed to last year. GT and VT will run the ACC this year.

I would knock Ohio State out of the top 10, maybe somewhere in the 11-15 range. Yes, I hate the team, but this is my unbiased opinion...

Throw Va. Tech out of there as well.

No top 25 from me, but here are my top 10

1. Texas
  2. Florida
  3. Oklahoma
  4. Alabama
  5. LSU
  6. USC
  7. Penn State
  8. Oklahoma State
  9. Ole Miss
  10. Oregon

Ole miss should be higher and LSU out of the top 10. Oklahoma/Texas all depends on the red river shoot out. Penn st plays marshmellows all year, only play 2-3 real teams all year, so they' ll stay in the top 10.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
To me , the Top 25 is a joke and it will be until they get a playoff system going and stop letting these so called good teams schedule 6-8 easy wins a year. If they want to be the best, play the best and not teams like coastal carolina, shame on you Penn st.

bodey24

Staff member
I don't buy into the champ keeping their ranking, especially the way last season went down, with Florida basically being handed the championship due to lack of competition. (yeah, I am still bitter)

Not sure how loaded USC is. Lots of turnover on that team, and a big question mark regarding the production at the QB position.

Can't wait to see the Dawgs go to Stillwater. I think those Georgia boys are walking into a hornets nest though.

They still had to beat OU. They were not handed the Championship, they earned it by being the best team. Sure their schedule wasn't as tough game in and game out as the Big 12's was. But when Florida schedules Miami and Florida State in the same season, they don't figure that both of those teams are going to be down. Their schedule was just as tough as the other teams in the BCS games outside of the big 12. They were 2-0 against teams that played in a BCS bowl game and they beat them both by double digits. So to say Florida was handed the championship after pounding everyone in their way after the Mississippi game and then beating OU for the championship is a BOLD statement!

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
To me , the Top 25 is a joke and it will be until they get a playoff system going and stop letting these so called good teams schedule 6-8 easy wins a year. If they want to be the best, play the best and not teams like coastal carolina, shame on you Penn st.

Georgia Bulldogs vs Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles is on November 7th.....

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
They still had to beat OU. They were not handed the Championship, they earned it by being the best team.

I think where some of the sentiment comes from is because of how the end of the year played out.

Florida did beat OU. Who hasnt beaten OU in a BCS bowl lately?

Florida and Alabama played a tough SEC championship game. Alabama was then handily defeated by Utah.

Many people felt it should have been Florida vs Utah for the national championship.

Texas would have provided Florida a much better game than OU did. We, however, didnt get it done against Tech so I cant bitch.

Nick Saban stated Tim Tebow was actually not human and one of the Borg.

The winds were blowing out of the west for an unusually high number of games in which Florida played at home.

Pete Carroll's standard BCS bribe arrived a bit too late due to being held up...at a Florida post office.

It was rumored that Urban Meyer was the gunman on the grassy knoll.

What does any of this mean? Nothing. However, without a true playoff system you are going to have to live with your national championship always coming with an asterisk to someone. I can live with that from 2005 and Im sure you can live with 2006 and 2008.

bodey24

Staff member
I think where some of the sentiment comes from is because of how the end of the year played out.

Florida did beat OU. Who hasnt beaten OU in a BCS bowl lately?

Florida and Alabama played a tough SEC championship game. Alabama was then handily defeated by Utah.

Many people felt it should have been Florida vs Utah for the national championship.

Texas would have provided Florida a much better game than OU did. We, however, didnt get it done against Tech so I cant bitch.

Nick Saban stated Tim Tebow was actually not human and one of the Borg.

The winds were blowing out of the west for an unusually high number of games in which Florida played at home.

Pete Carroll's standard BCS bribe arrived a bit too late due to being held up...at a Florida post office.

It was rumored that Urban Meyer was the gunman on the grassy knoll.

What does any of this mean? Nothing. However, without a true playoff system you are going to have to live with your national championship always coming with an asterisk to someone. I can live with that from 2005 and Im sure you can live with 2006 and 2008.

:nod:

Bayou Bengal

College Football Guru
My top 10...FWIW

1. Florida Gators
2. Texas Longhorns
3. Oklahoma Sooners
4. USC Trojans
5. Virginia Tech Hokies
6. Alabama Crimson Tide
7. Ohio State Buckeyes
8. Penn State Nittany Lions
9. Mississippi Rebels
10. LSU Tigers / Oklahoma State

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
The Rod has a good track record for second years.

Miller will laugh his arse off at you, but only time will tell.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Michigan will finish the year in the top 25. Tate Forcier... SICK.

P.S. I'm not bias or anything.

who do the voodoo you talking about? start sacrificing some chickens and goats . praying to buddha might help too. it be nice to see Michigan be competitive again next year but a top 25 might be asking way too much.