PAC 10 - 4
ACC - 4
Big 10 - 3
MWC - 3
WAC - 1

Last edited by a moderator:

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Im not high on Oklahoma State, which is why I dropped em a few places from the Coaches poll.

I believe all three of those Mountain West teams belong in the top 25. Of the three, I believe BYU is the weakest.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
What? University of Miami isn't the best in the country?
Seriously, I think this will be a really "down" season in the Big 10. Iowa may be too high, even at 20.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
1. Florida Gators
2. Texas Longhorns
3. USC Trojans
4. Oklahoma Sooners
5. Ohio State Buckeyes
6. Alabama Crimson Tide
7. Virginia Tech Hokies
8. Mississippi Rebels
9. Penn State Nittany Lions
10. LSU Tigers
11. Oregon Ducks
12. Georgia Bulldogs
13. Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
14. California Golden Bears
15. Oklahoma State Cowboys
16. Boise State Broncos
17. TCU Horned Frogs
18. Utah Utes

19. North Carolina Tar Heels
20. Iowa Hawkeyes
21. Nebraska Corn Huskers
22. Kansas Jayhawks

23. Florida State Seminoles
24. Brigham Young Cougars
25. Oregon State Beavers

SEC - 5
Big 12 - 5
PAC 10 - 4
ACC - 4
Big 10 - 3
MWC - 3
WAC - 1

If our Tigers in Baton Rouge found a QB last year you can bump LSU way up.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
What I think of the Big 10 teams:

Ohio State always finds a way to hang around the top 10. I think Navy is a great team for the 2009 Bucks to open against. Tressels boys will NEED discipline the following week to have a chance against USC, and what better offense to rate against than the confusing, yet non-threatening triple option.

From there, nothing but smooth sailing and clear skies until they finish with Iowa, Penn State, and Michigan. I expect Ohio State to be running a much more open offense at that point, and Im interested to see how they handle trips to Penn State and Michigan wrapped around a dangerous home game vs Iowa.

A team coming off a war in State College and headed to an always heated yet recently one sided game in Ann Arbor will need to remain focused. I hear its also time for Ferentz to earn that fat check he gets.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Iowa has a few tough games on the schedule this year. They open with Northern Iowa, which will give them a great run through for the new tailback and company.

We will know alot about this team pretty quickly, as they have the Arizona Wildcats at home and then travel to State College where Penn State will be waiting for revenge.

They get Arkansas State followed by Michigan for homecoming. (How far has Michigan fallen to be the HOMECOMING game).

Nasty road trips to Wisconsin and Michigan State lead them to Indiana, Northwestern, and then the trip to Ohio State. I expect this team to hang around the bottom of the Top 25 all year long and then slap the shit out of an unsuspecting Big 12 team in the Alamo Bowl.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Penn State: Nothing fearsome to open with until Iowa in Game 4. By then I expect Spread HD to be running on all cylinders.

After Iowa, nothing really jumps out of you till the 11/07 tilt with Ohio State which will likely decide the Big 10 Championship.

I expect Penn State to have a harder than expected time at Michigan State to close out the season, but overall nothing to really worry about than OSU and Iowa.

Mike

Administrator
I would knock Ohio State out of the top 10, maybe somewhere in the 11-15 range. Yes, I hate the team, but this is my unbiased opinion...

Throw Va. Tech out of there as well.

No top 25 from me, but here are my top 10

1. Texas
  2. Florida
  3. Oklahoma
  4. Alabama
  5. LSU
  6. USC
  7. Penn State
  8. Oklahoma State
  9. Ole Miss
  10. Oregon

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I feel as strongly about Texas as you do. I realize what we are looking at in Florida is a team better than the USC "Dynasty" was. I believe the Longhorns capable of beating unbeatable Florida just like they beat unbeatable USC, but Florida is the champs and until they are beaten they are #1. No one returns that much from a National Title contender and gets less than that.

I believe you favor Alabama and LSU, both teams trying to find leadership, over a loaded USC. I also believe Oklahoma State is a 15 ish football team, but we will find out damn quick who is for real when September 5th when Georgia travels to Stillwater.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Ok...I will go with this:

Last time Mack and the boys played LSU, Texas won in convincing fashion 35-20.

I think you need to stick to finding a QB and beating Florida before worrying about us.

Mike

Administrator
I don't buy into the champ keeping their ranking, especially the way last season went down, with Florida basically being handed the championship due to lack of competition. (yeah, I am still bitter)

Not sure how loaded USC is. Lots of turnover on that team, and a big question mark regarding the production at the QB position.

Can't wait to see the Dawgs go to Stillwater. I think those Georgia boys are walking into a hornets nest though.

Mike

Administrator
But he has the Tigers about right. Mack Brown won't pull it off for Texass though.:nannie:

Mack Brown has already pulled it off for Texas (and has put that myth of not beating Oklahoma/Stoops to sleep), so I don't let that bother me anymore. :) If the pollsters truly understood tradition, and the Big 12's tiebreaker system wasn't so jacked up, I think Mack Brown would have gotten a 2nd title last year. But "if's" aren't worth much.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I don't buy into the champ keeping their ranking, especially the way last season went down, with Florida basically being handed the championship due to lack of competition. (yeah, I am still bitter)

Im with you all the way, but across the board they are still a damn fine football team, and they are worthy of the top spot until beaten. I am not ready to hand them the hardware, but they are the best the SEC has to offer.

Not sure how loaded USC is. Lots of turnover on that team, and a big question mark regarding the production at the QB position.

Carroll has his war horses and he is just like Texas, Oklahoma, Florida. He doesnt have turnover. He simply reloads. Aaron Corp won the starting job but is being pushed hard by frosh Matt Brinkley.

Can't wait to see the Dawgs go to Stillwater. I think those Georgia boys are walking into a hornets nest though.

What gives the Cowboys the edge IMO is they didnt lose their QB and best skill position player. Georgia did.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I think you need to stick to finding a QB and beating Florida before worrying about us.

I never worry about Texass Sarge just like in the college world series. If it is the big game our Tigers will romp dim boys.

Note: If we didn't find our QB last year it won't be much fun. I think we did though.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Im interested to see what Nebraska does this year. Pelini has done a fine job up there, but now is the time to see if he can turn the corner.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I never worry about Texass Sarge just like in the college world series. If it is the big game our Tigers will romp dim boys.

Baseball has NO connection to football. By your standards South Carolina would be a BCS team.

Note: If we didn't find our QB last year it won't be much fun. I think we did though.

And here is the issue:

I, along with just about everyone else outside of Les Miles office fully believes you did find that man in Jordan Jefferson. I was very impressed with the young man.

Then I read Miles is still reluctant to hand him the keys. Then I read he woke up and did so. Miles NEEDS to stick with this young man all season long no matter what.

Mike

Administrator
Im interested to see what Nebraska does this year. Pelini has done a fine job up there, but now is the time to see if he can turn the corner.

I can tell you, the excitement is back in Lincoln. Been there the past two weekends, and people are looking very proud again.

I got told I was #1 more than once for wearing my colors through town :)