Sarges PreSeason Top 25

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Im still waiting to hear how Ok St is as good as LSU.....from an LSU man.

That i have to see. Not sure how good LSU will be this year but they always are competitive . Okla ST has been getting better each year but being on this side of the country very few and far in between we get a team from the west out here unless it's the red river shoot out. So all i can go by is what i read here or in the paper.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Robinson, Bryant, and Hunter are better than their LSU counterparts, but down in the trenches and on defense I find the Tigers to be far superior than the 4th best team in the south division.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Robinson, Bryant, and Hunter are better than their LSU counterparts, but down in the trenches and on defense I find the Tigers to be far superior than the 4th best team in the south division.

Thats not saying to much about LSU then. 3 teams in the south are better than them. LOL

Bayou Bengal

College Football Guru
I think they are better than anyone in the south save OU and Texas.

Im still waiting Bengal...

sorry...havent been able to hit the boards as much lately.

that # 10 spot was a hard choice...actually, this season's top 10 was probably the hardest one to pick in a while. no one seems to stand out like previous years. i actually think OSU and USC are gonna be fielding there worst teams of the decade...but, the conferences are just so weak. I guess its just my #3 team in what I feel is the only other conference worth discussing :thrash: btw..that was sorta a joke

IMO, LSU could win the NCG or could lose up to 4 games. If you follow recruiting close, they have some sick young players about to hit the field. BUT, that is yet to be determined and I gotta see it first. Also, CLM thankfully got rid of that stupid CO-DC shit and got a pretty good leader for the defense...can only be a good thing there. Add in Charles Scott, Keiland Williams, Lafell, and Black all deciding to return for there senior season along with Alexander being granted a 6th year...kinda excited. Tough SEC schedule this year though

Bucknut

I think Ohio State has as much potential to be a top 5 team as anyone else.

The teams that jump out at me as overrated this year are Alabama & Mississippi.

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
The one that jumps out as overrated for me is Virginia Tech. I have a hunch that North Carolina will take the Coastal Division of the ACC. If they can rebuild their WR positions, I wouldn't be surprised if they took the ACC title.

I watched alot of ACC games last year (happens when you live in ACC Country). NC just kept on improving after each game played....

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
The one that jumps out as overrated for me is Virginia Tech. I have a hunch that North Carolina will take the Coastal Division of the ACC. If they can rebuild their WR positions, I wouldn't be surprised if they took the ACC title.

I watched alot of ACC games last year (happens when you live in ACC Country). NC just kept on improving after each game played....

Isn't Ga. Tech favored to win the ACC ? I agree about VT being overrated. Seems they are getting worse as the competition in the ACC gets better. NC should be good this year and might contend but i also see Clemson, NC state and Wake Forest to have good years. WF does have the QB that had the highest comp rate last year. FSU and Miami will be playing the spoilers this year.

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
Most sites are picking VT to win the ACC. Many are questioning Ga. Tech QB about his throwing accuracy....being able to run the ball is good, but in due time, teams are gonna learn to stop that run.

Ga Tech @ NC on Sept 26 will be one game I plan on watching.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
With Iowa nearly losing to Northern Iowa yesterday (in Iowa City, no less), how far do they fall?

Remote Controller

Knowing the history of that game lately, I wouldn't read much into it. It is kinda like the Colorado State/Colorado game. You just expect something to happen. I would have definitely bet for UNI to eat way any spread in this thing.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
UNI could be better than Iowa is this season. I expect them to finish with a better record, especially with Iowa having to go to Penn State, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Ohio State. That could be 4 losses.