Raiders cross another hurdle to get to Vegas

KillerFins

Staff member
Mark Davis is really raking the fans over the coals before he leaves town too. Stated today that he hopes the fans stay with them, and that he really wants to bring a championship to Oak.
How is that raking the fans over the coals?

Meanwhile...he hiked the prices on all of the season ticket holders.
Link?

Sounds more like he doesn't want to deal with huge revenue drops before they leave for greener pastures.
I don't think any company wants to deal with huge revenue drops.

I'm not advocating for Davis or the Raiders, but Oakland had plenty of chances to make a deal, and they were a day late and many dollars short. I hope the NFL goes another 20+y ears until a team moves again.

ExperiencedRookie

How is that raking the fans over the coals?

Link?

I don't think any company wants to deal with huge revenue drops.

I'm not advocating for Davis or the Raiders, but Oakland had plenty of chances to make a deal, and they were a day late and many dollars short. I hope the NFL goes another 20+y ears until a team moves again.
I heard it on the Jim Rome show yesterday. Callers were confirming the hike on their season tickets.

When I said raking them over the coals, I'm basically referring to Mark's disingenuous approach. To talk of a title for Oak while he's planning to leave is kind of douchey. He just doesn't want the fans to totally bail on him for the next couple of years. He couldn't care less if those fans got a championship or not. If he did...he'd stay.

KillerFins

Staff member
They've been talking for a long time, can't blame him for looking at other options.

Hopefully this will be the last move of a NFL team for a long time. I don't know of any other cities willing to pony up the money for a sweetheart deal like Vegas did.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
They've been talking for a long time, can't blame him for looking at other options.

Hopefully this will be the last move of a NFL team for a long time. I don't know of any other cities willing to pony up the money for a sweetheart deal like Vegas did.
The next team to move will be Buffalo. Their stadium is ancient, and they have a new owner now. Something will get changed there, in the next year or so I bet.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I wish the team names could not be taken from the cities when they move off. The Colts belong in Baltimore. I still get the red butt over the Utah Jazz which was the New Orleans Jazz back in Pistol Pete days.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
But to where? And imagine the backlash against the Sabres if he moved the Bills.
If they won't supply a new stadium, there is no choice. The facility is really ancient. As to where, who knows, maybe this is the first franchise to go international.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Send them to Texas, it's a whole 'nother place.:) Plus Jerry wouldn't be happy to share the state so San Antonio it is.