Penn State Child Sex Scandal Thread

JackG1980

There is a saying that goes something like this.

"You can't blame bad people for doing bad things, but blame the good people who stand and do nothing"

the saying may not go exactly like that but you know what I mean.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
There are even "haters" as evidenced by the post quoted above.
I know it's embarrassing too but embrace it.
I don't hate people per say. I hate stupidity, like what was posted by him. I also hate those who abuse children and other people. IF that makes me a hater. Sign me up.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Oh dear God. I hope this is not true.

there are articles coming out now that will show that Sandusky and his charity were pimping young boys to boosters for money. Dear god.

Oh, and they also think they will be able to prove that Penn State made him retire, and go quietly by guaranteeing the cover up. If this proves true. You can write it now that JoPa and AD and whoever else involved in that coverup will get jail time. Book it.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
I'm from that part of the woods and get feedback from those still in PA, most grads. All of them are sick over this and p.o'd at Joe and the dude who saw him in the shower with the kid. I'm ill writing those words.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Joe Pa will NOT go to jail if its a jury in Pennsylvania. They will have to move this thing to another state or file federally

Phicinfan

Administrator
Joe Pa will NOT go to jail if its a jury in Pennsylvania. They will have to move this thing to another state or file federally
I fully disagree Sarge. You are talking an ultra conservative part of the state, a whole lot of amish and very religious conservative. If it is proven he was part of the coverup....even JoPa won't be safe.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
You can fully disagree, but you must also fully agree everyone around there appears to have known what was going on with Sandusky and it was the towns "dirty little secret".

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Perhaps you should clarify your statement. The average person would take what youve said almost as saying this incident was somehow acceptable.

cctekguy

Staff member
Perhaps you should clarify your statement. The average person would take what youve said almost as saying this incident was somehow acceptable.

I'm saying that this "type" of incident is almost predictable.

What do you expect when infidelity, sodomy and under age sex are not only acceptable but regular fare on prime time TV?

When depravity becomes the norm, the depths of depravity must go deeper.

These people are sick and twisted, no doubt, but in a simpler time these same sickos may have been able to satisfy their depravity by merely cheating on their wife.

Acceptable? Hell no. Shocking? Nope

JackG1980

The worst is yet to come. Paterno lawyered up with a high profile lawyer or is trying. This mess goes deep. There are many monsters involved and they become real ballsy. I do not know if I wouldnt be surpises if they found this scandal happen many other places or would be surprise if it didnt.

JackG1980

If this pimping out kids is true then they must find out who they pimped them out to. Apparently they are wealthy and or high profile people. If they do not get them then this will continue because they are the ones fueling this sickness.

JScott

Administrator
I'm saying that this "type" of incident is almost predictable.

What do you expect when infidelity, sodomy and under age sex are not only acceptable but regular fare on prime time TV?

When depravity becomes the norm, the depths of depravity must go deeper.

These people are sick and twisted, no doubt, but in a simpler time these same sickos may have been able to satisfy their depravity by merely cheating on their wife.

Acceptable? Hell no. Shocking? Nope

And no one's saying they're surprised this "type" of incident happened. Maybe just surprised where it happened.

The issue was your implication that Mankind (all of us) was indirectly to blame because we created society the way it is, and that this society allowed this "type" of incident.

Yes, we all have a part in shaping our society but this "type" of incident isn't mutually exclusive to this type of society. In other words, if I eat an apple I'm eating fruit, but if I eat a piece of fruit it doesn't necessarily have to be an apple. The society that I helped shape didn't force Sandusky to do what he did, that was his choice. He had other choices in this society.

Just because this type of incident can happen in our society doesn't mean it had to in our society. Your implication, at least the way it came across to me (and I assume others by their replies) was that it had to based on the society that all of Mankind created.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Can you tell me why RC? One side would say Penn State shouldnt play another game this year....... and the other would say no athlete in uniform Saturday had anything to do with this.