Penn State Child Sex Scandal Thread

JScott

Administrator
It's absolutely disgusting how many knew and did nothing, disgusting that Sandusky got away with it all these years, disgusting that Paterno (to this point) is hiding behind that he escalated what he was told per University protocol and committed no crime, disgusting that Spanier is backing Sandusky as an upstanding guy, disgusting that the former player now asst coach caught Sandusky in the football teams showers raping a boy and did nothing, nothing but call his dad and tell Paterno a day later... let me repeat that one.... did not stop Sandusky, did not kick the living crap out of him, did not help the boy or check on him or save him in any way.... FOCK, I can't even put into words how absolutely furious I am the more I learn :explode2:

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
This is the most disgusting scandal in the history of college football, the sort of thing you normally read about happening in some small corner of the world and then thank God its not in your neck of the woods.

Ive worked Child Sex Crimes for several years now, and every single one angers you to be honest. They are the kind of cases that make you hunt a man to the ends of the earth to drag him back to face God and Texas for what he has done, yet you want to just put a bullet in them the whole time.

But that said, you feel somewhat relieved every time you nail one, because at least you brought some kind of justice for the victim and better yet at least did all in your power to make sure that monster never harmed another child....that some other persons little girl or boy wont have to endure the horror.

You even have terrible thoughts of your own...like "You know, I cant put a bullet in this prick, but if that guy over there did Id sure have to botch the investigation....and its not like anyone is convicting anyone of killing a child rapist"...but you move on and do your damn job, and hope this time is the last time one of those cases comes across your desk.

Besides you and me you have groups of people who devote their lives working in the Child Advocacy Centers...drawing out the horror that happened to these children and having to smile and keep them talking while dying on the inside, and those people dont even get the satisfaction of kicking in this mother****ers door at 3am or "practicing" a felony traffic stop and making sure you are LOUD AND CLEAR on the charge to make sure this asshole gets maximum embarressment when he gets taken down.

Then there are people just like you....the decent ones left in the world who would call us in an instant if they even thought someone was doing something so terrible to a little one, the ones who would have beaten Jerry Sandusky senseless in that shower and called every agency they could to report what happened.

Then there is what happens at Penn State. At Penn State, its ok for a grown man to force his penis into the rear of a 10 year old boy, hell you can do it in the team showers AND get seen doing it..NOTHING will happen to you.

A man who was the face of College Football, perhaps its greatest coach, had the chance to do the right thing, save what was left of this boys humanity, and save several other victims...and he did nothing. This wasnt tattoos, improper payments, or free cars..THIS WAS A LITTLE BOY...and he swept it under the rug.

Then the rest of the command staff just went along with it and kept serving up peoples babies on a silver platter to this asshole.

The Grand Jury report on this is 23 pages of horror, and its already looking like there are several other victims.

Grand Jury Report on Jerry Sandusky - Document - NYTimes.com

Paterno should have stepped down already, but this should have never happened. This is a career ender, and for the rest of my life I will never remember the great coach he was....Im just going to remember Penn State employed a guy who enabled a monster and fed him his prey.

cctekguy

Staff member
Why does this surprise anyone?

This is the world that we all helped to create.

Rejoice in your creation, man, and reap the fruits of your choices.

In Lord Acton's words: ""Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

What I want to know is what Penn St. did to lose their political protection. Reckon maybe old Joe bucked the system?

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
This isn't about football and the fact these grown men did nothing and cared more about a football program then childern is disgusting.

This whole situation makes me very angry and upset.

nicholete

And his son Scot what a focking tool. Hey guys follow me on twitter focking idiot. get the fock out of here.

nicholete

Im watching sportcenter and im getting so mad. are these students for real? this isn't about focking football its about innocent kids who were molested.

JScott

Administrator
Im watching sportcenter and im getting so mad. are these students for real? this isn't about focking football its about innocent kids who were molested.

Just saw another video on youtube, of Paterno stepping out from his house and addressing (sort of) the media. And all the scum of the earth chanting his name in the background in support. :****ed:

JScott

Administrator
Why does this surprise anyone?

This is the world that we all helped to create.

Rejoice in your creation, man, and reap the fruits of your choices.

In Lord Acton's words: ""Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men."

What I want to know is what Penn St. did to lose their political protection. Reckon maybe old Joe bucked the system?

Who said anyone was surprised. We're outraged.

And BULLSH!T, speak for yourself. I had no hand in creating a system that supports a child rapist by turning the other way.

cctekguy

Staff member
And BULLSH!T, speak for yourself. I had no hand in creating a system that supports a child rapist by turning the other way.

Sorry J.

I thought it was pretty clear that I was using "we" as a reference to "Mankind".

I didn't realize that you don't consider yourself a member.

JScott

Administrator
Sorry J.

I thought it was pretty clear that I was using "we" as a reference to "Mankind".

I understood what the "we" reference meant. But "we" (aka all of Mankind) didn't create a safe haven for child rapists. That's on a sick few. If you want to include yourself in that crew be my guest but don't lump all of Mankind into it.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Sorry J.

I would argue that it is stupid insight like this that helps protect those who do this. Blame society for the issues, but don't get off your butt to do anything about. You must be so proud.:rolleyes:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I am as upset, or maybe even more upset that most here. Why?
First, I have an older brother who went to Penn State...so I hate what he is going through now.
Second, I am a Father, and every time I see stories of this I cringe in fear for my children and the sick people who are out there and the families who have had to face this.

But mostly I feel anger. Anger that a program, coach, President, A.D. and a grad student felt it necessary to NOT react, to NOT do what is right...and only do what they legally have to do. What a crock. My god how sad is it. I hope to God that if any more cases come out after its proven these cretins had knowledge, that they are prosecuted as accessories for allowing this to continue. In my opinion they are just as guilty as the sicko who did it, cause they could have stepped in and stopped it had they just notified the authorities.

On a side note, what kind of man can see something like this happen....and not do something then and there? Scream, grab the guy, hell beat the living crap out of him, or at least try...you could have totally changed things for at least that one child. But no...instead you leave, go home, tell your father...and then go in the next friggen day to talk to the damn coach. What a friggen coward.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
As the father of a child that was sexually abused one time I can tell you that the wheels of justice move very slowly. The punishment handed down, at least in Louisiana, leaves a lot to be desired. If my ex-wife and I had it all to do over again I'm not sure we would have allowed the system to have handled that piece of crap. Plea deals make me sick. Almost every day I wonder if I'll ever see that man's face again and what I'll do if I get lucky enough to run across him. Since he did what he did to our little girl he was busted twice more for it. The second time the state of Florida threw the book at him. I know of at least 5 accusations against him for messing with little girls. I'm told there's no cure for such people. Well then kill the MF's. Put 'em out of their misery. My lil' girl is now 24 years old and this incident still has her screwed up. There's no excuse for enableing this activity to continue. Joe has got to go.

RLLD

Penn St, and Joe Paterno, have traditionally represented the highest integrity in college football. Even with universities like Miami, Ohio St, Oklahoma, Florida and USC......you could always look to Penn St and know that integrity was at least possible, and a program could succeed without cheating.

This crime represents one of a select few that represent the lowest depravity humanly feasible. This kind of crime cuts us to the core as we recognize the severity of the action, and the monster it takes to commit said crime.

I think today is one of the darkest days in college football. I think this because the man that build a winning program, one any school would admire, and did it with the highest integrity seems to have turned a blind eye to the atrocity. Further, this is a man that parents sent their children to play for, trusted him to protect and mentor. All the while, he allowed this monster to have his way with young children.

These facets strike anyone not jaded by absurd devotion to a school, program, or coach over the results of allowing this monster to stay on campus, and serve in a role to work with kids; and to continue working with the disadvantaged youth on whom he preyed.

Anyone of us receiving this kind of information would ensure something was done to stop this guy, protect the children....and at Penn St, with Joe Paterno, this should have been a no brainer. I am left to now wonder, is college athletics anything more than an unseemly exercise in exploitation where the university, program or coach is placed above morality.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
As the father of a child that was sexually abused one time I can tell you that the wheels of justice move very slowly. The punishment handed down, at least in Louisiana, leaves a lot to be desired. If my ex-wife and I had it all to do over again I'm not sure we would have allowed the system to have handled that piece of crap. Plea deals make me sick. Almost every day I wonder if I'll ever see that man's face again and what I'll do if I get lucky enough to run across him. Since he did what he did to our little girl he was busted twice more for it. The second time the state of Florida threw the book at him. I know of at least 5 accusations against him for messing with little girls. I'm told there's no cure for such people. Well then kill the MF's. Put 'em out of their misery. My lil' girl is now 24 years old and this incident still has her screwed up. There's no excuse for enableing this activity to continue. Joe has got to go.

It angers us too Mud. I put one away SEVEN times until they finally gave her (yes her) some prison time. Its sickening.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Here is something I honestly wonder....

Sandusky was tight with the dad of the Grad Assistant who saw him raping that boy. Whats to say Sandusky hadnt raped the GA when he was a kid?

The average number of victims per pedophile in the US is 117 #puke.

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
I would argue that it is stupid insight like this that helps protect those who do this. Blame society for the issues, but don't get off your butt to do anything about. You must be so proud.:rolleyes:

Anybody here ever looked up the term "society"?

Society Definition
Dictionary.com Society | Define Society at Dictionary.com

so·ci·e·ty
   /səˈsaɪɪti/ Show Spelled [suh-sahy-i-tee] Show IPA noun, plural -ties, adjective
noun
an organized group of persons associated together for religious, benevolent, cultural, scientific, political, patriotic, or other purposes.
a body of individuals living as members of a community; community.
the body of human beings generally, associated or viewed as members of a community: the evolution of human society.
a highly structured system of human organization for large-scale community living that normally furnishes protection, continuity, security, and a national identity for its members: American society.
such a system characterized by its dominant economic class or form: middle-class society; industrial society.

Sorry but you're "it"!

There are even "haters" as evidenced by the post quoted above.
I know it's embarrassing too but embrace it.

Last edited by a moderator: