Michael Crabtree - Draft Projection - NFL Impact

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Larry Fitzgerald is fast man. Yeah he has everything else, but he's damn fast.
Fitzy is not a burner, and at the combine his 40 time was not good at all. Now he's football fast, but even there his speed is not what makes him great, he can just flat out play. But when your talking combine, Fitz only ran 4.63 in the 40.

Crab could have similar results, I do expect him to be faster than that, but speed does not make him. He has the rest of the package that makes him dangerous.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Crabtree measures in much shorter than listed.

Texas Tech wideout Michael Crabtree, who was listed by his school at 6-foot-3, measured nearly two inches below that at 6-1 3/8. That, by far, was the biggest differential in height of those measured over the last two days.

How big of a deal is this to you in grading Crabtree?

Runnik's Hambones

How far? That completely depends on the other WRs this year. This is their opportunity to show out at the combine. If other recievers don't shine, Crabtree wont fall very far.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i think the nagging injuries with this guy are really starting to build up. i wouldnt be stunned to see him out of the top 10, between the ?s and the lack of teams NEEDing wrs at the top.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
i think the nagging injuries with this guy are really starting to build up. i wouldnt be stunned to see him out of the top 10, between the ?s and the lack of teams NEEDing wrs at the top.
He could, but not sure I agree that there is a lack of a need for the game changing WR at the top.

Seattle at 4 is where many felt he could go, with the questions I think that chance is gone. They have other pressing needs that can be addressed without taking this risk.

So we look at the rest of the top 10 for a fit. I can't see Cleveland spending #5 on him and even with the loss of Housh Cincy won't be looking for a WR either IMO. That gets us to #7 and Oakland, I can see Al smiling at the possibility of adding Crabtree to his offensive mix and there is definatly a big need there. #8 is Jacksonville, despite other high picks at WR they still don't have a true #1 and could feel the talent is too much to pass on. GB is not a fit, but at #10 is SF and if he's still there they would give him a hard look I would think.

Still a lot of possibilties for him to stay in the top 10 of this draft.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Crabtree to still run at his Pro Day

Crabtree is planning to hold off on surgery until after his Pro Day where he will run the 40 for Pro Scouts. Once he has the surgery he will miss around 10 weeks. If he aggravates the injury during training he will need to have the surgery immediately.

Sounds like Crab knows he needs to turn around his stock at this point.

Texas Tech receiver Michael Crabtree and his advisers have decided to hold off on any surgery for the slight stress fracture in his left foot until after his March 26 Pro Day, those close to the player said Saturday. Crabtree is not feeling any pain in his foot and still wants to run the 40-yard dash for NFL coaches and scouts next month.

But Crabtree also is aware that, if the injury is aggravated in any way during his training process, then surgery would have to be performed right away and a screw will have to be inserted into his foot. Once surgery is performed, Crabtree would be expected to be sidelined about 10 weeks.

Arctic Dawgs

He could, but not sure I agree that there is a lack of a need for the game changing WR at the top.

Seattle at 4 is where many felt he could go, with the questions I think that chance is gone. They have other pressing needs that can be addressed without taking this risk.

I honestly don't think Seattle would have taken him. I worry that with a significant drop in Crabs value it will make it much more difficult for them to trade down.

got this from Fanball today:
Feb 20, 2009 07:20 PM CST
Bears interested in Crabtree
The News
The Bears are very interested in Michael Crabtree, according to the Chicago Tribune. He met with three Bears officials at one time.
Our View
Crabtree certainly won't be around at number 18 when the Bears are slated to pick, so they would have to move up to get him. He's definitely a top 10 pick heading into the NFL Scouting Combine.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Lovie Smith was one of the people cited in the link above that don't feel this will hurt him much at all.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
The discussion has centered around teams not being able to see him in individual workouts. No one is really concerned about his ability to recover from this surgery. I have a hunch someone will take a flyer on him in the middle of the 1st round.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
i think this is a horrible decision by him. id say sorry, ive got a busted foot and have to have surgery. you want to see what you can get? watch the game tapes, where ive broken ncaa records in TWO years of playing.

what good is it going to do for him to run the 40 with a broken foot? hes going to have a crap time anyway, so what does that prove?