• Weight - 210
  • Projected 40 Time - 4.48
2008 Stats:
  • 91 Receptions
  • 1,165 yards
  • 19 Receiving TD's
Draft Projection - Top 5 Pick

NFL Impact

Those who question the "system" some guys play in will say Michael Crabtree is simply a product of the system. I don't see it that way. What Crabtree did in the college ranks was sickening, and I know of several defensive coordinators who slept better the night he declared for the draft. Michael Crabtree is a freakish blend of size, speed, and hands who has the size to block NFL corners and the tools to beat them. What do you think of Crabtree? Can his talents project to the NFL?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ySmg1f8ZSM"]YouTube - WR Michael Crabtree Highlights Texas Tech 2008 Part 1[/ame]

dukdown

Banned
The thing about Crabtree and Maclin and Wells is that, and I'm not exactly sure the reason for it, is that they all seemed to get put out by nagging little things. Hard to put my finger on it, but it kinda bugs me. Personally, I'm waiting for the day that a high school kid skips taking the beating for free that the collegiate amateur system provides, and develops themselves both physically and mentally at some kind of Nike Athletic Institute and then shows up at a combine and blows up, and enters the NFL with an almost completely clean slate of health. I'm really wondering if that's ever going to happen.

With all that said, just from listening to current NFL players talk who follow college football closely, they say the player who will be a star at the next level is Crabtree. For what that's worth.

Mike

Administrator
Enough of that blah blah blah ;)

Tell us what you think Crabtree is going to do at the NFL level!

dukdown

Banned
I learned a while back that NFL people can give two squirts what you did in college. They want to know what kind of athlete you are, and then they'll hand you to the coaches, and let them teach you from scratch how to play professional football. So the Combine and his Pro Day of course will be crucial to his final analysis.

Hard to ignore though him being selected a 2-time Biletnikoff award winner. Setting records for most touchdowns scored in NCAA history by a freshman, and Big-12 single-season TD record. Like that he played QB in high school. Played in a complex offense, so he should have a good mind for performing the recognition crucial to executing the various tree progressions that he'll come across. Seems like he'd be ideal in a WCO, moves well in short-space, and has good hands. Don't know enough about him to know his blocking abilities, but know he had to be pretty tough catching that many passes and taking the hits of Big-12 secondaries. I have him, along with alot of people I'm sure, landing in Seattle. Think he and Carlson make up a good future for the Seahawks. If he lands in Seattle, think the skies the limit for the guy, spending a career playing in the NFC West.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Crab gives them a good option opposite Deion Branch or whatever is not injured immediately. Bobby Engram COULD be another good vet for Crab to soak some knowledge up on. The NFC West defenses obviously dont scare anyone.

DearbornDolfan

Why do people call Crabtree fast? Seriously, even in his highlight vids, which are supposed to glorify the guy, he's being caught from behind by college linebackers in a straight line run. If he runs a sub-4.5 I'll be completely and utterly shocked.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
No one said he was running a 4.3. You make your money in the NFL running good routes and catching the damn football, something Crab does exceptionally well.

dukdown

Banned
Was interested to find out that Texas could have had him, but insisted that he play defense. Crabtree wasn't hearing that.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Some of the great WR's past and present don't have burner speed. They have good speed, and possess everything else that makes you a great WR. Rice, Harrison, Fitzgerald are all guys did not have elite timed speed coming out. Crabtree's speed is not that of a burner, but he get's good seperation and knows how to create that space. Route running looks pretty good and kid has great hands and is very physical.

I think he's fast enough to get the job done given the rest of his skill base.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Dunno. It seems to take awhile for TTech receivers to make a mark in the NFL. Mind you only Welker and that Dallas practice squad guy are jumping to mind, but a James Hardy like disappearing act wouldn't shock me.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Crabtree's biggest question mark, his straight ahead speed, will not be answered at the combine. He does not plan on running the 40 at the combine.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Sounds liike he may not combine at all making us wait till his Pro Day.

His draft stock is high and the combine won't help him, but it can hurt him. Personally how Cutler and Calvin Johnson weren't scared off by the combine. They had huevos, mang.

cboofe

Banned
Think Crabtree will be the consensus #1 overall pick in Rookie drafts this year?
After Avery jumping the Rio Grande last year?

tested (drug) speed first. future blotter second.

Kiper's Korner. let's go back...Alex Smith (almost out of nowhere) was a sMelly pick, yes?

the good teams pay this man to...advertise. it's almost like stealing

mills

I have the 5th overall pick in my Keeper league... been trying to figure out what will fall my way. Crabtree would be nice, but probably not going to happen.