Marshall to Miami

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
Exactly what I was thinkin', CC. Plus they're minus Porter, Ferguson, possibly Taylor plus others. Even with Marshall's new contract and Dansby, I would think at the worst they're breaking even financially, and Ginn hasn't done anything to command big money when his current deal pops. He's actually the perfect type of guy to have opposite Marshall.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
What is the impact on Ginn?

Does he get moved or will having Marshall lining up across from him create an opportunity for him to succeed along the lines of Eddie Royal's rookie season? Ginn would garner less attention and would no longer be expected to fill the role as the teams #1 WR.
Ginn has reportedly been put on the block. With Bess already locked as the #2 and they have multiple guys who can play the slot...Ginn is a gonner. He actually would make a great return guy for some team.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Nice move by Miami. They needed a #1 wr in the worst way, and so did Henne to help develop. I agree that Miami is run first, but how long? Brown continues to get hurt, and Ricky won't last much longer. Unless they invest at Rb early, which I doubt due to many needs....they may need to start turning more to the pass.

And at that cost...he was a steal.

Ginn has reportedly been put on the block. With Bess already locked as the #2 and they have multiple guys who can play the slot...Ginn is a gonner. He actually would make a great return guy for some team.

He has been on the block and so far nothing as far as I know.

Bess may be the frontrunner but I doubt anyone has the #2 locked up.

Why not have Ginn as the Fin's return guy if his price tag is not burdensome.

Phicinfan

Administrator
He has been on the block and so far nothing as far as I know.

Bess may be the frontrunner but I doubt anyone has the #2 locked up.

Why not have Ginn as the Fin's return guy if his price tag is not burdensome.
Because the Tuna does not like him. He will be gone due to that alone....is my bet.

Never is a long time, but I will say that the safe bet is that Marshall will not this season.

Miami threw the ball more than NO's last year to the likes of Bess, Camarillo, and Ginn. With the addition of a wide out of Marshall's caliber I don't think it is a stretch to believe that they will throw a little more often and also improve their completion percentage as well. Higher completion percentage should result in an increase of time of possession giving everyone more opportunities. I see no reason to think Marshall could not top 100 receptions if there are no more distractions, unless people are not sold on Henne.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Any talk about Ginn yet? This is the first i have heard of him being traded away.He'll be a nice pick up for many teams. Now that Holmes is gone, maybe Pittsburgh will show some interest.

Any talk about Ginn yet? This is the first i have heard of him being traded away.He'll be a nice pick up for many teams. Now that Holmes is gone, maybe Pittsburgh will show some interest.

I thought I read something about him being shopped before the recent WR trades but nothing connecting a team that was interested or pursuing him. Not knowing what his rookie contract cost for this season is I could see him having some success if he stays (and has it in him). With Marshall being the focus of the passing game it would free him up more than in the past. If he just is not a regular contributor in the passing game he at least can handle the return duties.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I thought I read something about him being shopped before the recent WR trades but nothing connecting a team that was interested or pursuing him. Not knowing what his rookie contract cost for this season is I could see him having some success if he stays (and has it in him). With Marshall being the focus of the passing game it would free him up more than in the past. If he just is not a regular contributor in the passing game he at least can handle the return duties.

Oh ok, think they should really keep him and let him fufill out his rookie contract. Miami would, IMO, finally have a WR duo that defences haven't had to worry about since since the Duper/Clayton combo, but again that was Marino throwing the ball around and not Henne.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Miami threw the ball more than NO's last year to the likes of Bess, Camarillo, and Ginn. With the addition of a wide out of Marshall's caliber I don't think it is a stretch to believe that they will throw a little more often and also improve their completion percentage as well. Higher completion percentage should result in an increase of time of possession giving everyone more opportunities. I see no reason to think Marshall could not top 100 receptions if there are no more distractions, unless people are not sold on Henne.
Guess we'll see......hope I'm wrong, have Marsh in a ppr league. 100 receptions is a big number and I agree they will throw more....but to throw enough to get 100 receptions with Chad Henne as your QB is a different story.

Guess we'll see......hope I'm wrong, have Marsh in a ppr league. 100 receptions is a big number and I agree they will throw more....but to throw enough to get 100 receptions with Chad Henne as your QB is a different story.

Bess is no Marshall and he got right about 75.

efactor

Coming at you

Well, he did it with Kyle Orton, so I wouldn't be shocked if he does as well with Henne. I was pretty impressed with Henne considering what he had to work with.

I also think Marshall will improve via the experience factor and being focused on football. I look for him to join AJ and Fitz in the elite crowd. It was only a couple years ago that people were saying that AJ couldn't stay healthy and would never be a consistent performer. Talent and experience has made him great. I see the same thing happening with Marshall.

cctekguy

Staff member
Is there any argument that his fantasy value has dropped since the trade announcement?

Speculation is fun and Marshall's talent and potential are off the charts, but I'm not drafting him as my #1.....Is anybody?

efactor

Coming at you
Is there any argument that his fantasy value has dropped since the trade announcement?

Speculation is fun and Marshall's talent and potential are off the charts, but I'm not drafting him as my #1.....Is anybody?

I would take him as a top 5-7 receiver, so yeah, that would make him a number one..............

100 catches for three straight years and finally hit double digit TDs last year. Miami isn't paying him 10 million a year to be a decoy. Big season ahead............

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I agree with e on this one. I never messed with Marshall because of his actions coupled with no one in the franchise to ''control'' him. Im not worried about that now. Tuna WILL make him mind.
Posted via Mobile Device