Lotsa Trading goin on already

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I just want the kid to go to a team that understands how to use him. Miami has wasted enough of his life with the dinks and dunks the Fish throw to him. He's a great talent with great escape ability if someone will get him the ball in theopen field.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Colts having trade talks about Donte Moncrief. Also of note they are working out several QB's today. Doesn't sound good for Luck owners.

Fish told Landry that he will not be traded. Makes no sense at all as it's his walk year and they've made no effort to re-sign him.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Fish told Landry that he will not be traded. Makes no sense at all as it's his walk year and they've made no effort to re-sign him.
have not seen this, by all reports Miami is still taking offers, but my gut says they want a whole lot for him

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the Redskins are "trying to land a wide receiver before the deadline."

Terrelle Pryor's fantasy value is already dead and buried, but, if true, this would be a big blow to Josh Doctson's moving forward. It is also possible Washington is looking to replace Jamison Crowder or Ryan "Gruden" Grant, but that duo has looked locked into their spots as of late.

Source: Jason La Canfora on Twitter

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Knock Clay down a bit, ya'll think? Maybe it'll open things up a bit for him since DEF will have to guard more than one man when they play the Bills now.

KillerFins

Staff member
Fins traded Ajayi and was taking offers for Landry for the same reason, both are talented but also selfish and malcontents. Both have made numerous metal errors and Gase has had enough. Ajayi is a talent, but doubt he has more than 2-3 years left in him with is bad knee, which is why he dropped to the 5th round.

The notion that the Fins are throwing in the towel are silly. Sure they had a horrible loss, on a short week, but the season is far from done. I think that they've giving Landry time to buy into the program, and he hasn't committed fully. So they were trying to get something for him before letting him walk next year.

KillerFins

Staff member
So my take on this....
Philly is not happy with loss of Sproles. Blount will be the hammer, and Ajayi will eventually take over for Smallwood/Clemment/Barner This only cost them a 4th round draft pick. Wow, Philly is playing for now!

Also Philly rumored to be dealing with Detroit to try and get retired rites to Megatron....

Ajayi, was horrible so far in the NFL as a receving back. If anything he replaces Blount as the hammer, that's what he does best.

Remote Controller

Ajayi, was horrible so far in the NFL as a receving back. If anything he replaces Blount as the hammer, that's what he does best.
He has been horribly exploited as a receiving threat.........barely used at all. The use of him in space will extend his window of opportunity and save his legs.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Knock Clay down a bit, ya'll think? Maybe it'll open things up a bit for him since DEF will have to guard more than one man when they play the Bills now.
Okay love this deal....

First for Carolina - this means Olsen is close to returning, as all Benjamin was being used for was mostly red zone and 3rd down big receiver. With Olsen coming back(reports are he should be back by week 12), they don't need Benjamin, and quite frankly I don't think Cam can handle more than three targets. He will have Olsen, Funchess and McCaffrey now to take his focus. Why pay Benjamin for that?

Buffalo, has been desperately needing a big tall possession receiver especially in the red zone. They have been using Clay and the fill in Tes for that, and now have Benjamin to do it. So yes, drop you expectations for Clay(if he ever really plays) and the fill in TEs, and a punch up for T.Taylor.

Just love what Buffalo is doing now under new HC and GM. This team is rocking, and they have a boat load of picks next year and beyond to make it better.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Now for the I can't believe they are an NFL team.

By all reports the Cleveland Browns had a trade completed with the Cincinnati Bengals for A.J. McCarron. Both teams had agreed, and Cincy had notified league. However, the browns did not, and as such the trade was not allowed. They notified the league too late.

One report says it was due to the Browns celebrating and forgetting. Another report says the team thought if Cincy notified that was enough. Regardless, THIS is another example of a team totally mis-managed. It is disgraceful.

Now you have more issues -
1) the Browns just told all their Qbs they suck and are not the future - So Kizer will only tank more.
2) Bengals have basically told league McCarron can be had, but the value is set( I have not see what was offered by Browns yet).

What a mess.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Now for the I can't believe they are an NFL team.

By all reports the Cleveland Browns had a trade completed with the Cincinnati Bengals for A.J. McCarron. Both teams had agreed, and Cincy had notified league. However, the browns did not, and as such the trade was not allowed. They notified the league too late.

One report says it was due to the Browns celebrating and forgetting. Another report says the team thought if Cincy notified that was enough. Regardless, THIS is another example of a team totally mis-managed. It is disgraceful.

Now you have more issues -
1) the Browns just told all their Qbs they suck and are not the future - So Kizer will only tank more.
2) Bengals have basically told league McCarron can be had, but the value is set( I have not see what was offered by Browns yet).

What a mess.
So.......
In the I can't believe this is an NFL situation.. :rolleyes:

First the deal for McCarron - Bengals send McCarron, Browns send a 2018 2nd rounder and a 2018 3rd rounder - not a bad haul for a back up Qb

Supposedly now the Browns are blaming the Bengals - saying they signed the paperwork, sent it to the Bengals but the Bengals signed a different sheet and sent that in. Here is the issue though, that is not how trades work. The NFL has to be contacted by BOTH teams, not a signed doc from both teams from ONE team. So net, the Browns are idiots...as we thought.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Sea gets OT Brown from Texas for Lane, a 2019 2nd, and a 2018 3rd. Are they still gonna try for another Oline from Buf ??? Is Graham safe ??
Lane failed his physical, so the Texans got an additional 3rd round pick in 2018 added to this. So net trade:
OT Brown and 5th round 2018 pick to Sea - 3rd rd pick in 2018 and 2nd round pick in 2019

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
One other trade - 49ers send Cb Rashard Robinson to Jets for an undisclosed 2018 draft pick