Lotsa Trading goin on already

Arctic Dawgs

Garoppolo to 49ers for a 2018 2nd - Will SF trade off the 1st/2nd overall now ???? What happens with Cousins now ????

Sea gets OT Brown from Texas for Lane, a 2019 2nd, and a 2018 5th. Are they still gonna try for another Oline from Buf ??? Is Graham safe ??

Last edited:

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
As a Texans fan I'm still not happy with the trade because we got a fifth round pick who probably won't turn out to be worth a s*** a second round pick two drafts from now and a freaking cornerback who can't stay healthy for our Pro Bowl left tackle.

Stupid.

efactor

Coming at you
Not sure how I feel about SF getting Garoppolo.

Positive is that if he works out, they have a young QB with some starting experience. No issue giving up the early 2nd as now they can trade down from 1.1 or 1.2 into a top 7-8 pick and still get an impact player and a nice pick or two.

Big negative is his contract leverage. They will either have to pay him heavily to sign a long term deal or franchise him. Hate to see them invest in a long term contract for an unknown commodity. Hasn't worked out too well for other teams.

Oh well. In Shanahan we trust.

efactor

Coming at you
I smell another Matt Cassel disaster.

New England makes average players look great. Once they are outside the Belichick bubble they become human again.

No offense but that’s a terrible analogy.

Cassel was drafted in the 7th round after not being a starter in college. Garrapolo was the College offensive player of the year and a 2nd round pick. A huge difference in their abilities and expectations for success in the NFL.

Similar to people saying Lynch would fail as a GM because Matt Millen failed under similar circumstances as an ex player who came from the TV booth. One has nothing to do with the other.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Sorry but the Garrapolo trade is a beauty. By all reports NE wanted a 1st rounder and more off-season. They get half a year to try him out and see if he IS the franchise or will be the bridge to get to the Franchise they can pick in next draft.
If he does work out, they just got a boat load of picks coming as they will trade down to a QB needy team, and if they play it like Tenn they will fill many, many needs. This had to happen now, as they have time to see what he really is.

Interesting fact, can anyone name any other team that had 3 qbs on roster in first of Sept. Then had all three starting for three teams by mid-Nov(assuming Garrapolo is for San Fran)(Brady(NE), Brissett(IND), Garrapolo(SF))

For the record, ESPN could not find any.

Also Kudo's for NE to once again get a really, really good pick for a back up Qb.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I also like the deal for Seattle for Brown, they got cap help by dealing Lane, gave up really little for a long term answer at LT, and fills a major, major need. Not sure its a good deal for Houston.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The Hawks needed help on the O line desperately. Yes good deal for them. As for Houston I think not but it'll be a year or more before we know that one.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Uh HOLY CRAP - Miami trades Jay Ajayi to Eagles!!
So my take on this....
Philly is not happy with loss of Sproles. Blount will be the hammer, and Ajayi will eventually take over for Smallwood/Clemment/Barner This only cost them a 4th round draft pick. Wow, Philly is playing for now!

Also Philly rumored to be dealing with Detroit to try and get retired rites to Megatron....

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Darn I was hoping they'd work a deal with the Colts for Gore allowing Mack room to roam. Eagles gave up a 4th to get him if that tells you anything.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Darn I was hoping they'd work a deal with the Colts for Gore allowing Mack room to roam. Eagles gave up a 4th to get him if that tells you anything.
One wonders....was this a block of Dallas??? Dallas will need Zeke protection, Ajayi would have been fun behind that O-line.....

efactor

Coming at you
Sorry but the Garrapolo trade is a beauty. By all reports NE wanted a 1st rounder and more off-season. They get half a year to try him out and see if he IS the franchise or will be the bridge to get to the Franchise they can pick in next draft.
If he does work out, they just got a boat load of picks coming as they will trade down to a QB needy team, and if they play it like Tenn they will fill many, many needs. This had to happen now, as they have time to see what he really is.

Interesting fact, can anyone name any other team that had 3 qbs on roster in first of Sept. Then had all three starting for three teams by mid-Nov(assuming Garrapolo is for San Fran)(Brady(NE), Brissett(IND), Garrapolo(SF))

For the record, ESPN could not find any.

Also Kudo's for NE to once again get a really, really good pick for a back up Qb.

I like the deal for NE too. Hoping it works out for Niners of course but I was wanting to see Rosen playing for Shanahan.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Wouldn't be the first smart move the Eagles have made the last few years if that was the reason they did this. I'm fast becoming an Eagle fan though I'm not expecting miracles from a RB with 2 really great games in his history and a lot of piss poor ones.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Wouldn't be the first smart move the Eagles have made the last few years if that was the reason they did this. I'm fast becoming an Eagle fan though I'm not expecting miracles from a RB with 2 really great games in his history and a lot of piss poor ones.
I actually like him for Philly, they will use him for what he is, a part time back who is explosive as a receiver and change of pace. I don't think he was ever meant to be THE GUY. With Blount there, he doesn't have to be.