Flacco gets his deal

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
It's getting closer and Ozzie is a pretty good drafter, so it's looking much better than it did. I don't see Huff as a downgrade at this point from pure ability. Playing out of position in Oakland and no one can dispute that Reed isn't nearly the player that he was.

That said, the leadership issue is hard to gauge. I go back to when SF decided to let Ronnie Lott move on. He had lost much of his skill, but it was still a huge mistake from the "coach on the field" standpoint. They lost swagger and identity, so you could see the same situation in Baltimore.
Huff vs Reed....do you know who has the most INT's in the last 3 season's?

I was surprised to hear who it was......Ed Reed. He is still better than Huff will ever be. Huff never has played up to the level many expected. To not call him a downgrade is questionable judgement imo, but hey, we can all see it differently...

efactor

Coming at you
Huff vs Reed....do you know who has the most INT's in the last 3 season's?

I was surprised to hear who it was......Ed Reed. He is still better than Huff will ever be. Huff never has played up to the level many expected. To not call him a downgrade is questionable judgement imo, but hey, we can all see it differently...

Picks aren't the whole story. Huff is playing out of position in Oakland. Should do better back at safety. Reed is not nearly the player he was, so can't agree that he is still better than Huff will ever be.

Yeah, we do see it differently.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Huff could do better at safety......and Reed and lose 3 steps and I would still take Reed. He is an instinctive of a safety as there is.

Reed is an HOF player on the back end. Huff is just another safety.

efactor

Coming at you
Huff could do better at safety......and Reed and lose 3 steps and I would still take Reed. He is an instinctive of a safety as there is.

Reed is an HOF player on the back end. Huff is just another safety.

OK, if you say so...............

Last edited by a moderator:

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
Ed Reed is NOT the same player he was. Injuries have taken away his ability to tackle. I cannot remember the last time I saw him wrap someone up. IMO, Huff is a much better tackler right now. Reed's game changing ability will be missed but his over zealousness to make those plays won't. Last year he was out of position alot until the playoffs.

Kruger will not be missed. He wasn't getting to the QB until Suggs came back from injury and he can't play the run. Ellerbe was a loss but no way the Ravens were going to give that kind of money to a "1 yr wonder".

I believe they were the 17th ranked defense last year. No doubt they will improve on that this year....

All these players (Reed,Ellerbe and Kruger) got way to much money and the Ravens were smart not to go that route. That is why this organization is world class. They don't overpay

Fire

in the hole
So have your opinion, but don't tell me what mine should be......

What are you talking about? I never told you what your opinion should be. All I did was point out that your opinion was wavering quite a bit.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Give me a break. It came off too much like I agree with you.

Get over yourself.

Lol, nothing to get over....the edit came off pompas.....of that was your goal, you hit it....it was just an observation on my end.

And your OP, didnt come off as you were agreeing, it came off as there was really nothing else to state and we were just going to agree to disagree.....but.....

OK

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
What are you talking about? I never told you what your opinion should be. All I did was point out that your opinion was wavering quite a bit.

How have I wavered in my opinion? You were the one trying to tell me i needed to change my opinion on their defense being a mess due to a couple FA's....I don't feel that way, nor do i see where my opinion has wavered on the subject.

Fire

in the hole
How have I wavered in my opinion? You were the one trying to tell me i needed to change my opinion on their defense being a mess due to a couple FA's....I don't feel that way, nor do i see where my opinion has wavered on the subject.

Went from "a mess" to "still not a great unit". The descriptions seem very different to me, but I guess they don't to you.

Exactly where did I try to tell you that you needed to change your opinion? I still don't know where you are getting this idea from.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Went from "a mess" to "still not a great unit". The descriptions seem very different to me, but I guess they don't to you.

Exactly where did I try to tell you that you needed to change your opinion? I still don't know where you are getting this idea from.
OK, guess we both misunderstood each other. Never meant saying they were not a great unit and still a downgrade from last year as anything but standing by my original statement.

Fire

in the hole
OK, guess we both misunderstood each other. Never meant saying they were not a great unit and still a downgrade from last year as anything but standing by my original statement.

Ever consider politics as a career choice?