Fan Duel Week 2

ExperiencedRookie

I don't know about ya'll, but I'm ready to start talking about FD for week 2.

First question is, enter weekend contests that include Thursday nights game or not?? I noticed last week that the volume was very high on players in the Thursday night game compared to most other games. I think chances are high again that a large number of players will load up for some Thursday night action just cause their craving some action.

So ask yourself this: Do you think it's a low or high scoring game? If it's low, then you should definitely be entering contests that start on Thursday and letting other people get disappointed by the players they select in that matchup.

More to come soon..

jjtweeks

QB
Aaron Rodgers
GB v NYJ
RB
Shane Vereen
NE @ MIN
RB
Matt Forte
CHI @ SF
WR
Jordy Nelson
GB v NYJ
WR
Donnie Avery
KC @ DEN
WR
Justin Hunter
TEN v DAL
TE
Jason Witten
DAL @ TEN
K
Stephen Gostkowski
NE @ MIN
D
Arizona Cardinals
ARI @ NYG
Pretty happy with this one but might switch out hunter .

jjtweeks

QB
Nick Foles
PHI @ IND
RB
DeMarco Murray
DAL @ TEN
RB
Shane Vereen
NE @ MIN
WR
Cordarrelle Patterson
MIN v NE
WR
Robert Woods
BUF v MIA
WR
Kelvin Benjamin
CAR v DET
TE
Rob Gronkowski
NE @ MIN
K
Blair Walsh
MIN v NE
D
Washington Redskins
WAS v JAC
this is the other. I got a bone to pick with fanduel about not having the Redskin logo on the helmet for def

ExperiencedRookie

If I remember correctly, Rodgers had a fairly reasonable price tag this week. Nice pick. I don't know about a few of those RB plays. DeMarco at Tenn scares me a bit. Tenn just put Jamaal Charles in handcuffs at Arrowhead, they should certainly be able to handle Murray on their home turf.

What's your confidence level on Donnie Avery? Is Bowe back this week or next week?

jjtweeks

Bowe is supposed to be back but they are gonna have to throw more than normal if they wanna compete agaisnt Denver. yea i might have to double check Murray

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'm fading away from the Thursday game. Alot of it is research time, won't have much till late this week.

ExperiencedRookie

I'm fading away from the Thursday game. Alot of it is research time, won't have much till late this week.
There's a couple of interesting plays in that game. The Pitt D looked pretty awful against Cle last week. If one was so brave, they could put Pierce or Forsett into a lineup and really gamble. I bet Pitta and Steve Smith are decent plays too.

That being said, I still don't foresee this as shoot out material. If you go back and look at previous Thursday night games, it's usually a little bit sloppier brand of football being played.

ExperiencedRookie

Just did a little stat checking on Thursday night games. As it turns out, they are right on par with scoring as a Sunday game. Should be treated the same

bodey24

Staff member
QB
Andrew Luck
IND v PHI
RB
Shane Vereen
NE @ MIN
RB
Montee Ball
DEN v KC
WR
Jordy Nelson
GB v NYJ
WR
Andrew Hawkins
CLE v NO
WR
Justin Hunter
TEN v DAL
TE
Rob Gronkowski
NE @ MIN
K
Robbie Gould
CHI @ SF
D Redskins

ExperiencedRookie

QB
Andrew Luck
IND v PHI
RB
Shane Vereen
NE @ MIN
RB
Montee Ball
DEN v KC
WR
Jordy Nelson
GB v NYJ
WR
Andrew Hawkins
CLE v NO
WR
Justin Hunter
TEN v DAL
TE
Rob Gronkowski
NE @ MIN
K
Robbie Gould
CHI @ SF
D Redskins
I like that Andrew Luck play, but that WR group leaves a little to be desired. Having either 1 of Hawkins or Hunter seems ok, but I think you're playing with fire when you start both of them. Be ok with getting <8 from one of them

ExperiencedRookie

Tossing around a couple lineup ideas. This might be a decent week to save money at QB. None of the big guns have what on paper appears to be juicy matchups. Some mid-cheaper guys look like decent plays. Kaep, Foles, Locker, and Dalton all look like they could get the job done this week while saving some coin.

How do you guys feel about a flyer play at TE on a guy like Niles Paul? Reed is hurt and Wash is at home hosting Jax. For $4500, it affords you some extra flexibility at other positions

ExperiencedRookie

I probably won't have a single lineup that doesn't include AP this week. He didn't do much in week 1, which has me expecting some wild 160 yd 2 TD performance this week. Add in the fact that he's playing at home against a Patriots D that just gave up 190 yds and multiple scores to the likes of Knowshon and Lamar Miller.

Big game AP worth every dollar on Sunday

jjtweeks

heres my Peterson lineup
QB
Andy Dalton
CIN v ATL
RB
Montee Ball
DEN v KC
RB
Adrian Peterson
MIN v NE
WR
Donnie Avery
KC @ DEN
WR
Robert Woods
BUF v MIA
WR
T.Y. Hilton
IND v PHI
TE
Rob Gronkowski
NE @ MIN
K
Stephen Gostkowski
NE @ MIN
D
Houston Texans
HOU @ OAK

ExperiencedRookie

heres my Peterson lineup
QB
Andy Dalton
CIN v ATL
RB
Montee Ball
DEN v KC
RB
Adrian Peterson
MIN v NE
WR
Donnie Avery
KC @ DEN
WR
Robert Woods
BUF v MIA
WR
T.Y. Hilton
IND v PHI
TE
Rob Gronkowski
NE @ MIN
K
Stephen Gostkowski
NE @ MIN
D
Houston Texans
HOU @ OAK
Yikes! Again, another group of WRs that looks like bust city.

Ditch Gostkowski and take a cheaper kicker in a dome maybe? How about one of those young kickers that still has a cheap price? For the tried and true Ks, I like Vinatieri this week