Draft Day Trades and comments

Coachnorm

LOL, you have to like all the picks that aren't even on Mel's list. :)

Tampa Bay trades up as the Niners take a WR. Niners still unsure with their WR position...... Good thing the team is so strong overall.

1 Crazy Commish

LOL, you have to like all the picks that aren't even on Mel's list. :)

Tampa Bay trades up as the Niners take a WR. Niners still unsure with their WR position...... Good thing the team is so strong overall.

That's one thing that's definate. SF really could use him

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
They ought to rename this draft "the commercial bowl" .
They had to make up for running the first hour mostly commercial free. I think they went the last 45 min of the hr without any commercials......then they seemed to over compensate for it over the next 2 hours.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Overall I think Cincy wins, as the guard they wanted (Zeitler) was available lower and they get the extra 3rd round pick. He is a road grater that also can play center, much better for Cincy's plan to run.

Philly moving up to get Cox, who they desperately wanted, but not overpaying, and still having 2 second round picks is awesome!!

Tampa will be a wait and see. I think the trade down was with expectations of still getting Claiborne, but Dallas boosted him...so they go Barron. So much for Barber moving to Safety. But the trade back up to get the RB was perfect!

Cleveland got schooled, pure and simple. They bought what Minny was selling, and then paniced with the Wr they wanted was gone and went Qb way too early. Bad day in Cleveland.

N.E. as usual made some nice moves. Much needed help at DE and Lb. Plus they snatched the Lb that Pittsburgh wanted to hurt a division rival :thumbsup:

Minnesota did very, very well. Getting Kalil plus extra picks, then moving back in to snag S Smith was a good move to help a struggling defense and OL.

Not sure what Denver will do, but if your players are gone, and you can swing and get more picks....then I can't argue the strategy.

efactor

Coming at you
I like the Browns move up to get Richardson. Tampa tried to play it off as they had no intention to trade up, but I'm not convinced that they wouldn't have traded into 3. Worth the extra picks for the Browns to make sure they got their guy. If they had stayed put and Tampa did move up, they would have been sick.

Also like the Weeton (spelling move). The only knock on him is that he is almost 29 years old, but if they get 6-7 years of good production out of him, well worth a mid 1st rounder. Most important position on the field and obviously they don't think McCoy is gonna cut it. Will probably step right in as the starter and I think he will upgrade them big time at that position.

Looks like Cincy and NE did well to grab impact players at positions of need.

As a Niner fan, I was amused at the talk of how SF made a "reach" for Jenkins. No secret they were looking WR despite the Manningham and Moss signings (wouldn't be surprised if Moss gets cut) and Balkke got the guy he wanted. Guess the kid is ultra fast and a good route runner. They were offered a trade by Minnesota to move down, but didn't want to risk losing a guy they really like for a mid or late extra pick.

Perplexed as everyone seems to be about the Seahawks pick. That seems to be a situation where they could have moved down without much risk of losing their guy. Made no sense to me, but time will tell.

xqj47alpha

Banned
I like Colt to become a very productive QB as he leaves Cleveland which can only be a blessing not very well disguised.

I see him even more productive than Kyle Orton.
The Packers are looking at Colt as a backup but also as another trade value.

I could see Colt in KC in 2013.

I could see the better teams in the NFL struggle with Tannehill and Weeden as their future.

Why in the world would anyone think a player who would rather play baseball, and has already sought and received a minor fortune in MLB would ever give his heart to professional football, other than for the money, is beyond me.