Does Miami Deserve the Death Penalty?

Death Penalty for Miami

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Fabulous post Danny.

MM, keep in mind we arent trying to make you look bad, but Im all for a spirited discussion of this.

MMRussell6

Danny, the allegations that I am referring to are the stripper and sex parties in hotels that Shapiro referred to in the Yahoo article. I am making points about why the NCAA should NOT impose the death penalty. I am not contracting myself in the above post. Players admitted to receiving benefits, which turned out to be minor infractions. The only proof was by the player's admission.

I like how you tried to spin my words around and counter all of my posts. I also like the fact that you didn't touch the subject that recruiting violations & infractions take place at all major colleges/universities. Its not going to change because players can and will get away with it.

I wasn't trying to "point the finger" at someone else, it was a light-hearted play on FSU becasuse being a Miami fan, um we are rivals. Its fun.

I have a few questions for you Danny and Sgt. John ... (especially since you two are so adamant & ready to throw down that ban hammer).

What will you like to see happen to the coaches named (both football and baskeball) that were involved in the allegations?

None of them are currently employed by the university.

What do you think about the limited immunity given to ex-Canes who have since transferred to other universities? Do you think they should be punished?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Danny, the allegations that I am referring to are the stripper and sex parties in hotels that Shapiro referred to in the Yahoo article. I am making points about why the NCAA should NOT impose the death penalty. I am not contracting myself in the above post. Players admitted to receiving benefits, which turned out to be minor infractions. The only proof was by the player's admission.

The Yahoo Sports investigation uncovered numerous items proving the improper benifits took place.

I like how you tried to spin my words around and counter all of my posts. I also like the fact that you didn't touch the subject that recruiting violations & infractions take place at all major colleges/universities. Its not going to change because players can and will get away with it.

I dont think he is saying that it doenst happen everywhere. I think he is touching on the severity and longevity of Miami's transgressions.

I wasn't trying to "point the finger" at someone else, it was a light-hearted play on FSU becasuse being a Miami fan, um we are rivals. Its fun.

I can see both sides of that one

I have a few questions for you Danny and Sgt. John ... (especially since you two are so adamant & ready to throw down that ban hammer).

What will you like to see happen to the coaches named (both football and baskeball) that were involved in the allegations? None of them are currently employed by the university.

The NCAA has recourse, albeit limited to take action regarding that particular issue, and they should in all fairness explore that avenue.

What do you think about the limited immunity given to ex-Canes who have since transferred to other universities? Do you think they should be punished?

Of course they should. Its not fair to punish those who stayed and not punish those who went.