Cedric Benson - Hip Injury

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Benson has a hip strain and his return is questionable. He came back for a play but you could tell he was not right and he came right back out of the game. I will update as I hear anything.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Benson did not return for the start of the 2nd half. He is not expected to return today. Bernard Scott will get most of the carries.

Coachnorm

Benson was pulled during the second quarter of Sunday's 18-12 win over Pittsburgh with a hip flexor strain, returned for one series, then left the game for good. Benson was treated at halftime, but did not return to the game. A source told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that head coach Marvin Lewis is optimistic Benson will be able to play next week against the Oakland. He had just 22 yards on seven carries before leaving. Benson was replaced by Bernard Scott. Besides returning a 96-yard kickoff for a touchdown, Scott finished with just 33 yards rushing on 13 carries.

Sounds like he will be missing some practice this week. Hopefully he is a go vs a nice Raiders matchup.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Rumors are out now that Cincy is talking to L.J. Another reclimation project in Cincy? dunno:

If he is not 100%, I agree on sitting him. They will desperately need Benson in the playoffs, and later in teh season. Better to rest him up now...then potentially hurt him more. He does not have a good history of coming back from injury.

Phicinfan

Administrator
I thought I read that Philly was looking at LJ as well with Westy out.
I would doubt this one. He is not the type of back Philly looks for. I would think Dunn would be a better fit for Philly

I think with the right coach he could carry a team into the playoffs (Fantasy wise) If you have room stash him and wait a week before starting him.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Its confirmed on Cincy radio, L.J. is in to visit with Cincy, they are saying they are only interested in him for insurance, that Scott would stay #2 and Leonard #3 and short yardage packages.

Coachnorm

Sounds like the winner is The Bengals

Updating previous reports, Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Cincinnati Bengals will sign free-agent RB Larry Johnson (Chiefs) after he met with the team, according to sources. The two sides are currently working on a deal.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Sounds like the winner is The Bengals

Updating previous reports, Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Cincinnati Bengals will sign free-agent RB Larry Johnson (Chiefs) after he met with the team, according to sources. The two sides are currently working on a deal.
There is NO winner here.....this pisses me off. They have a GREAT thing going this year, they do not need this shit bag on the team....I kno they are a team of castoffs......but damn, draw the damn line somewhere.

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Yes it would. All the teams should just blackball him. He's such a douche.

Any man that goes and picks fight with women is a complete douche. I believe a good portion of his off the field situations have involved him doing something to woman. He shouldn't be allowed to play anywhere.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
The thing is LJ might wake up and regain form with a real offense and behind a REAL offensive line. *IF* they let him see field they might not be able to keep him off.

In any event, if the Bengals MUST sign him, Im all for him getting his ass chewed up and cast off when Benson is ready to come back.

What I wonder is how will COC and Palmer handle him. Im not sure who the other leaders on that squad are.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Bengals head coach Marvin Lewis has told former Chiefs running back Larry Johnson that if the club agrees to sign him it will be purely for insurance purposes, that it won't affect the status of the other three backs, and he won't be active for games "initially" as he performs backup duties such as working on the scout team and special teams.

“I’m very happy with what they’re doing and their roles,” Lewis said after Scott came off the bench in place of Benson Sunday. “I want to see Bernard’s role continue to expand as it did yesterday. If indeed we chose to bring (Johnson) here his role would be fourth running back and an opportunity as a backup player on this team doing the things backups do and that’s work their tails off in the kicking game, showing looks. He would be an insurance policy in case something would happen down the line to one of our guys. But I couldn’t foresee him being active when he was initially here if that’s what happens.”

Just don't see why they are doing this.....especially if the Benson injury is not serious....why deal with the garbage for a 4th RB.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Because management sees a RB4 with RB1 potential.

This also keeps him off the squads of other contenders.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I hate to hear this news for the Bengals but LJ just might light it up. What will this do to the fantasy production of Bensen? A dreaded RBBC would surely drop his value. Sucks for Bensen owners.