• Height - 6'1"
  • Weight - 334
  • Projected 40 Time - 5.12
2008 Stats:
  • 42 Tackles
  • 7 sacks
  • 4 passes defensed
Draft Projection - Top 15 Pick

NFL Impact: Raji is a blend of elite level size, bulk, and strength, and should have no problem holding up against the larger lineman in the NFL. He plays the run extremely well and can easily move laterally to make plays. Bull rushes with the best. Tough and knows how to play through pain. Can easily adapt to play NT in a 3-4 alignment. A potential goldmine on the defensive line for the team who nails down his services. However, Raji doesnt rush the pass well and occasionally will miss the easy tackle, probably from a lack of experience due to missing time in school.

I see this guy becoming a dominant defensive tackle in the NFL. His lack of height may hurt him slightly, but overall I think the winning team has a valuable DT who can stay on the field in any alignment and who can allow a team to flip between the 3-4 and 4-3 seamlessly.

Still not impressed? This guy used a Notre Dame lineman to tackle a Notre Dame RB in the backfield. Impressive enough for me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAs7UtO5-S4"]YouTube - BJ Raji uses one Notre Dame player to tackle another.[/ame]

dukdown

Banned
Wow, that's more than impressive. From all the reports from the Senior Bowl, coming from a program that produced Matt Ryan, he looks like a solid Combine away from being a Top-5 pick.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
This guy is a beast and is sky rocketing up the charts. I agree with Duk, a good combine and he's in the top 5 hunt. If there is an early run on OT's, don't be surprised if the Bengals go here at #6.

dukdown

Banned
I'll tell you one thing that I'm sure caught the coaches eyes, is that it took Raji 5 times to start and be stopped and follow the instructions on how to start his 40. Then it took him 3 times to do it correctly the 2nd time. I didn't see anyone else even come close to having this kind of issue with executing the instructions of this exercise.

I'll tell you one thing that I'm sure caught the coaches eyes, is that it took Raji 5 times to start and be stopped and follow the instructions on how to start his 40. Then it took him 3 times to do it correctly the 2nd time. I didn't see anyone else even come close to having this kind of issue with executing the instructions of this exercise.
Great point. But maybe without meaning. What was the penalty?

Maybe he's the kind of guy who pushes an advantage.

Maybe he's a guy that never ran track. Just kinda showed up. Maybe he was looking for that line between false and start.

Would find it hard to see him in a scheme with one hand on the carpet. Two hands down and waiting for that pill to move. Yeah, I can see that.

dukdown

Banned
Ya, well Raji already has some red flags, missing the entire 2007 season due to Academic issues. Coaches are watching the players maybe more on a mental level, than a physical one at the combine. All the players there they know have the physical abilities, or they wouldn't be there. Personnel people are looking for anything that will seperate the players, and attitude, ability to follow instructions, and composure are valued just as, if not more, in this evaluation.

Ya, well Raji already has some red flags, missing the entire 2007 season due to Academic issues. Coaches are watching the players maybe more on a mental level, than a physical one at the combine. All the players there they know have the physical abilities, or they wouldn't be there. Personnel people are looking for anything that will seperate the players, and attitude, ability to follow instructions, and composure are valued just as, if not more, in this evaluation.
kind of like keeping them after school to see how they play with others.

i dig, and that is why i thanked you for your post about 5 and 3. it stuck out to me, but i didn't have the tv muted at the time and it was more funny to the analysts than it was disconcerting. almost like he was playing to the crowd, you know, getting his qbkilla on.

playin' the Sapp.

no response on the sf qb question? is there a thread?

And he will still be a sure fire first rounder.
let's see who drafts him.

like a test of team-onial. a solid team (one with solid drafting skills) nabs him? a fringe (new regime or mediocre skills). or a disaster (if you don't know, don't ask).

I will give you this. That Raji has more fans in the media than Clinton (or Sir Charles Barkley.)

------------------------------------around here, i start to go off-------------it's on point as to ellipse and tangential supposition.

He is, my friend, A SlamDunk Millionaire.

(it came to my attention that maybe the last name caused my retort). not really. maybe in the idea that even though he may NOT deserve it.

America is afraid to justify its standard of living. She got spanked last night by a bully who once was Spicoli.

Lest us not despair. Even we don't want it. Even we don't like it. Even we despise it.

Hollywood will remind us. We are Us. All

The Truth of Acceptance is bigger than the truth of life.

False prophets have lead us. The devil in them surfaces with every misguided disparity. False truths have been and the witness.

False Light was foretold to fall. False Right.

True Night.

those with candles, vigil.

dukdown

Banned
Bank it - Cincy takes Raji.

Sanchez is going to pull a big time Brady Rodgers. My prediction for SF is Michael Oher. He just feels like a Singletary guy to me.

A reference to the falls of Brady Quinn and Arron Rodgers at QB in prevoius drafts
thanks Coach!!!

actually figured it out...but don't you go

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyJsP1_fKSc"]YouTube - elton john & kiki dee-dont go breaking my heart[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyJsP1_fKSc"]YouTube - elton john & kiki dee-dont go breaking my heart[/nomedia]

dukdown

Banned
Serious physical talent

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UQ2YGE9SLM"]YouTube - DT BJ Raji Highlights Boston College 2008[/ame]

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Raji continues to fly up draft boards and I think he's a lock in the top 10 at this point, in fact he may even be jumping into top 5 consideration. I look for him to land in Cincy if J Smith and Monroe are both gone when they come up.