Big Ten to eye expansion

Who should the Big Ten invite to join conference?

• Rutgers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Missouri

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Nebraska

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Pittsburgh

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Syracuse

• Other (list below)

• Total voters

Mike

Administrator
Other - Notre Dame.

If I was choosing from the list, I would choose Nebraska, then campaign to get TCU into the Big12.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
ND is not coming.....turned it down twice and already came out and said not interested.

TCU is an interesting choice, but small school, small stadium.....just don't bring enough to the Big 10 IMO. However, a more logical string of domino's would be "if" one of the Big 12 teams would change to the Big 10, then would the Big 12 approach TCU.....would make more geographical sense.

Mike

Administrator
Big 10 fans are so conceited, LOL :)

On my post regarding TCU, my aim was to get TCU into the Big12 (though they would be in the BSC title game this year if they were in the Big11 ;)), mainly so they could get recognition for the program they have going. This team can compete with the tops of any conference right now. A new stadium would be in order if they went to either conference, and I expect would come rather quickly.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
not conceited, just stating the facts, add in the other fact that it's not a geographical fit.

Facts:
Enrollment:
TCU: 8865

Ohio State: 55,014
Penn St: 43,252
Michigan: 41,674
Michigan St: 47,100
Minnesoata: 51,659
Wisconsin: 42,099
Iowa: 30,328
Illinois: 41,918
Purdue: 40,151
Indiana: 37,958
Northwestern: 19.310

Northwestern is the only one of the Big 10 under 30k, they just favor your big schools is all.....

Mike

Administrator
TCU is clearly not a geographical fit, I can give you that. (one of the reasons I would never suggest them in his discussion).

As I said, I would love to see Nebraska move to the Big10, and have TCU replace Nebraska in the Big12.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
TCU is clearly not a geographical fit, I can give you that. (one of the reasons I would never suggest them in his discussion).

As I said, I would love to see Nebraska move to the Big10, and have TCU replace Nebraska in the Big12.
Really? You would trade Nebraska for TCU??

I would think Nebraska is one of the top 3 or 4 programs I would wants to keep in the big 12....

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
How would TCUs location fit into the travel schedule for the Big 12 North? Jokelahoma and Oklahomo State are farther north than TCU.

Im still for kicking Baylor out of the Big 12 and bringing in TCU anyway.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Why cant I kick out Baylor? The only reason Baylor and Texas Tech got in the Big 12 was because of legislative lobbists. TCU and SMU would have been overall better fits.

Mike

Administrator
Really? You would trade Nebraska for TCU??

I would think Nebraska is one of the top 3 or 4 programs I would wants to keep in the big 12....

Nebraska was big football, now it is big football in Lincoln. The program is getting better, but I think it is better suited for the Big10. While your at it, take Iowa State. I think it is just regionally better to have them there.

TCU can be a huge football program nationally if they are part of the Big12 conference. They are right in the heart of DFW, which would make for a huge draw in attendance and school growth.

I have never really liked the Big12 setup. It's just a mess of teams shoved together that never really fit.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
You can keep Iowa St.....but Nebraska would be a welcomed addition for me in the Big 10. Outside of Texas/Oklahoma, I don't think there is another team I would rather snake away from the Big 12 than Nebraska.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Wouldnt bother me honestly. The balance of power in the league both play and attendence wise is in the south. TCU would fill in just fine.

Imagine the domino effect. I could see Utah or BYU getting an invite into the Pac 10 if the dominos fell right.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
BYU wouldn't be invited into the Pac-10. Won't play on Sundays, not a "research university". I doubt the Pac-10 expands, as it has the perfect set-up where everyone plays everyone in football, & home & aways for other sports.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Shouldnt be playing college ball on Sundays in opposition to the NFL to begin with.

If everyone else has a title game, the Pac will eventually fall in line.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
Baseball, golf, track & field, tiddlywinks, etc. BYU don't play on Sundays, isn't a research university, & isn't Pac-10 material. If we kick WSU out of the conference, the unrealistic dream replacement is Texas. After that is Utah and Colorado.

Why should the Pac-10 expand? It is the best system around. Plus we play late, so we don't have the same issue as the Big Ten.

Bucknut

I Would LOVE to get Nebraska. Not really interested in any of the other B12 teams.

West Virginia would be a nice add, I don't know why they're never in the mix during these talks. The rest of the Big East isn't consistent enough.