Baltimore Ravens vs Indianapolis Colts - Official Game Thread

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
Baltimore Ravens/ Divisional Round

If this team plays like they did yesterday no one will beat them. 52 rushes for over 200 yards, the offensive line was blowing the D Line up all day. They might have solved their red zone problems too. Remember last time they played the Colts they had to settle for 5 FG's and lost when Joe threw an INT in the redzone, while driving for the go ahead score late in the game. Colts are going to come out slow, they haven't played in almost 3 weeks, I doubt they are in game shape. If the Ravens can jump out to a quick lead, watch out....

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Your right on the quick lead, they have to do it. Much like Pitt did in 05 against them. If they don't, I do not think they can beat them. Indy will start off slow, then heat up....just a matter if the Ravens can gold them off in the end or not. If the Ravens get off to a slow start as well, they have no shot IMO.

This is a game they "can" win; but it is a game I do not think they will.

Colt win, 27-20

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
If they can run the ball the way they have been they'll have a shot. Keep the ball out of the MVP's hands and you can win.

Mike

Administrator
I look for the Ravens to hit the Colts in the mouth early and keep their offense out of sync.

Another convincing Ravens win, another early playoff exit by the Colts.

At least, that is what I want to happen :)

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
The Colts aren't the Patriots and Manning is not Brady the Ravens know it and will have trouble getting to P.Manning, he is just to much of a field general and has a slew of weapons that step up unlike Randy the alligator i'm afraid to go over the middle Moss The Pats were doomed the very moment Welker went down.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I don't think you see Indy get blown out here. Manning and all the tools are just too strong. I do think Baltimore can win this game. But not if Flacco only gets 70 yards passing. They need to run, but Flacco needs to step up big time and make key throws. If Manning has time...he will eventually get the team down to score.

I like Baltimore in this game....but I see it by a FG. If it is more than a TD, then its because Indy blew up the Baltimore defense.

Bull

I hate that Indy has been off for basically 3 weeks, but please don't say that if Baltimore plays the way they did last week, they'll win. Joe Flacco went 4 of 10 for 34 yards and a pick. If he does that against the Colts, the Ravens are dead. We won't turn the ball over the way the Pats did and we will score. We have gotten better against the run. There is a reason they only got FGs when they came to Indy. Our red zone defense is very good, especially if your QB isn't top notch. I don't understand the whole Ravens love fest. If all of these games had to be played outside in the snow, then I see it. Joe Flacco didn't play well at all and he'll have to play indoors. I honestly don't see how this game is any different than the first time we played them other than Manning has had more time to get comfortable with his new WRs and he's had months since they last played Baltimore to study and overcome any mistakes he made against them. If Baltimore plays a great game and Indy plays a poor game, Baltimore can win, but you can say that every Sunday about any team.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Baltimore is in a nice position to beat the Colts. Manning and the Colts might never wake up in this game because of all the rest they had. Flacco has to get going in order for them to win though. The Patriots run defense was horrific and couldn't tackle. The Colts weren't that good at stopping the run throughout the season, but i see them being able to adjust. So Flacco will have to be able to throw the ball to keep the Colts defense from stacking the box.

bobbeaux

i'd like to see the ravens win, but i firmly believe the colts will win.

if the colts stack the box and force flacco to try to beat them, i don't believe he's got enough receiving talent to pull it off.

Bull

if the colts stack the box and force flacco to try to beat them, i don't believe he's got enough receiving talent to pull it off.

Exactly. Plus our corners aren't bad either. The Ravens best plan would be to 7 and 8 yard us to death, if they have Heap. With Heap getting dinged up last week and being a game time decision this week, I'm not sure Baltimore has the firepower.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I think Baltimore will be in control for much of this game but they'll miss some opportunities along the way and it will come back to bite them in the ass. The Ravens can and should win this game IMO and I'd love to see them send Peyton packing but they'll blow it. Ray Rice will have a big day but it won't be enough, Indy pulls it off 24-20.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
Last time they played Bull, the Ravens had a great chance to win. So if you think this game won't be any different than last time what you are saying is the Ravens have a great chance to win. Manning is a great QB, but he is only 8-7 in the playoffs. They have the worst run game in the league so that shouldn't be a problem.

Flacco may have only went 4-10 but they were averaging 4.5 yards a carry, why throw the ball. Probably be another tough Raven loss but i don't see this as a for sure blowout Indy win....

Oh and Flacco had 256 yards passing last game..

Bull

Last time they played Bull, the Ravens had a great chance to win. So if you think this game won't be any different than last time what you are saying is the Ravens have a great chance to win. Manning is a great QB, but he is only 8-7 in the playoffs. They have the worst run game in the league so that shouldn't be a problem.

Flacco may have only went 4-10 but they were averaging 4.5 yards a carry, why throw the ball. Probably be another tough Raven loss but i don't see this as a for sure blowout Indy win....

Oh and Flacco had 256 yards passing last game..

I think you verified every point I made. Thanks. I said if they play like last week they will lose. If Flacco goes 4-10 for 34 yards they will lose (you, obviously agree by stating that last time Flacco threw for 256 yards). I never said Indy would blow out the Ravens and I don't think they will. I said it shouldn't be any different. Close game but Indy wins. You just can't kick FGs and expect to beat Indy. Mannings record in the playoffs maybe the stat you're holding on to, but I'll stick with the fact that we've beaten the Ravens the last 7 times we've played them.
Our run game has never been a problem for anyone ever since Edge hurt his knee. That's a meaningless point since we're playing indoors all the way through to the Superbowl. The Ravens haven't had enough to stop Manning the last 7 times and I don't see why that's different now.
Believe me, I'm way more concerned about having sat for the last 3 weeks than I am about the Baltimore Ravens.
Lastly, I stated earlier that Heap was dinged up and was a game time decision. I see that he practiced yesterday and should be available for the game on Saturday. Good news for the Ravens, but I still don't think it matters.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
OK let me put this is layman terms. If the Ravens rush for 250 yards again they will win. Much like last week Joe will not need to throw the ball....

New England had never lost a playoff game at home under Brady and had never lost to the Ravens, guess what they are sitting at home right now......

Control the clock, control the game.....

Last edited:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I have to agree with your post. 250 yards on the ground would equal a victory for the Ravens. The question becomes will they fall too far behind to have the time to ground and pound.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Miami tried that against Indy earlier this year and Indy only had the ball for 15 minutes....they still WON!

Baltimore's defense is much, much better than Miami's. Especially if they play like last week. :nono: