Axe Elf Helps You Win Your MFL 10 League

A

Axe Elf

Staying true to form... Can't see anyone I like better than the second coming of Darren Sproles at 5.06--Giovani Bernard.

You're up again!

ExperiencedRookie

Yeah, totally good looking out mentioning these leagues here. I really like the format.

When you have 5+ fantasy teams to manage during the season, its nice to have a little extra action that requires no work at all.

I'm currently in one that is moving at snail speed. We're in the 8th round and we're 5 days in. The clock literally freezes for 8 hours every time it lands on the same guy. So annoying.

You guys will probably hate my squad since I totally reached on Brees and Vernon Davis. Wasn't ready for this format of "grab every RB at all costs"

Foster, Brees, Sproles, Colston, Vernon Davis, Cecil Shorts, Rashard Mendenhall. I guess I kind of got carried away with Saints players. They just happened to be the seemingly best value everytime I was up to pick.

efactor

Coming at you
Staying true to form... Can't see anyone I like better than the second coming of Darren Sproles at 5.06--Giovani Bernard.

You're up again!

I am deciding on my pick and decide to exit the league to check some stats. When I come back 30 seconds later, I have somehow picked Tom Brady. Not a team killer, but definitely was going either Gonzo or Bradshaw there. Plan was to wait at least another round or two for a QB. Oh well, could have ended up on Alex Smith, so I guess I should be thankful...........

A

Axe Elf

Wow, I figured you just couldn't help yourself with Brady, since you kept saying you were being tempted by QBs.

It was kinda nice that my 12th round pick in another league came up, and who was sitting at the top of the WR list but Sidney Rice! (The latest on Harvin is that if he does have surgery, it will be four months before he can begin any sports-specific rehab.) Nice to pull down a team's WR1 in the 12th round!

The funny thing is that Golden Tate went four picks later!

A

Axe Elf

Bah, the 6th round is usually my TE round, but with Witten, Vernon and Gonzo all off the board, and Matt Ryan still there, I took a QB a round early. Nice pick of Steve Smith there, efactor--I think he is somewhat underrated this season, with the new offensive scheme of more passing and less running for Cam Newton.

efactor

Coming at you
Just started a new league. Picking 6th and Charles fell to me. Martin, ADP, Foster, Rice and Richardson were the first 5.

A

Axe Elf

Holy crap! I never get that lucky. Charles has gone in the first three picks in every one of mine. Well, maybe you can win THAT one, since you clearly can't win the one I'm in.

efactor

Coming at you
Holy crap! I never get that lucky. Charles has gone in the first three picks in every one of mine. Well, maybe you can win THAT one, since you clearly can't win the one I'm in.

Well, my friend, you better pick it up in the last 14 rounds, or you'll be eating heaping portions of crow................:cool:

efactor

Coming at you
But yes, I was pretty surprised that both Rice and Richardson went before Charles................

A

Axe Elf

Well, I really kinda wanted to take a TE in the 7th round, but there are 4-5 on the board that I see as pretty equal, and I don't see much chance of more than 3 of them being gone by my next pick. However, I was a little suspicious that you might try to snipe Justin Blackmon from me on the way back in the 8th, so I reached a little for him here.

You're up!

efactor

Coming at you
Jennings sitting there was just too tempting. Even with Ponder, I think he hits 1000 and 6-8 TDs. For a 4th WR and flex, good value.

Chances are I will snipe one of your TEs on the way back.

A

Axe Elf

Oh, I fully expect you to take one of the five I would be satisfied with--and I fully expect two more to be gone as well. But since that still leaves me two to choose from, I'd rather have that happen than miss out on the chance to have 12 weeks of WR1 numbers coming in from Justin Blackmon.

efactor

Coming at you
Oh, I fully expect you to take one of the five I would be satisfied with--and I fully expect two more to be gone as well. But since that still leaves me two to choose from, I'd rather have that happen than miss out on the chance to have 12 weeks of WR1 numbers coming in from Justin Blackmon.
Pitta goes right before me, so I grab Olsen. Not crazy about having two Carolina receivers, but I have a good feeling about Olsen this year. You're up..........

ExperiencedRookie

What are the later rounds like in these things? Im assuming the RBs and WRs are so picked over by the 12th round.

Would it be a good strategy to get 3 defenses with the best ball format? Give yourself 3 different chances for a big weekly defensive score?

efactor

Coming at you
Drafting from the 10 spot.
I like the 10 this year with the RB depth available. Got a choice of a good RB and a top 4 receiver or go 2 top RBs. A
What are the later rounds like in these things? Im assuming the RBs and WRs are so picked over by the 12th round.

Would it be a good strategy to get 3 defenses with the best ball format? Give yourself 3 different chances for a big weekly defensive score?

I am only on the 8th in my first one, but the RBs have been scarce for a while. Still some good back ups available.

As far as 3 Ds, interesting thought. I would rather take another RB or WR and hope they break out personally.