Axe Elf Helps You Win Your MFL 10 League

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Skip the money*

I propose between the two of you, whomever loses has to do a write up on the other member. The write up must include why the loser is inferior to the winner. You both have nice lengthy write ups and arguments are usually well articulated. Obviously neither of you can be wrong, so I think a good wager would be admitting you are not as qualified as the winner.

Just my two cents, for the lack of what it's worth.

Love it.

wical34

My reality check bounced.
Elf could never deliver on this idea. Any comment on his own inferiority would be followed by 10 reasons why hes joking or reasons why its not true.

You two understand each other, it's rather adorable.

I could do this right now, but I try to avoid personal attacks--it's always ideas that are inferior.

No need for the personal attack write up, just true statements as to why you have lost. I say you, because I believe the Rookie is correct. Spiller will out produce Morris. Morris may be a safe bet, but Helu is tearing up training camp. I for one remember Shanahanigans. I like Morris, but Spiller is a better PPR threat.

(Rotoworld) The Washington Times notes projected third-down back Roy Helu's "speed and elusiveness on the second level sets him apart" from Alfred Morris.

Analysis: Helu offers considerably more straight-line speed and arguably just as much or more second-level wiggle than Washington's starter. Helu is vying to be the Skins' third-down back two seasons after racking up 49 receptions and rushing for 100 yards in three straight games late in his rookie year. Helu is the early favorite for Morris "handcuff" duties. He's worth a late-round fantasy pick.

A

Axe Elf

Yeah, only having to start 1 RB in IBL is producing fantastic values in the third round. I got Alfred Morris and Steven Jackson at 3.02 and 3.03!

wical34

I went after Morris at 3.09 and Sproles at 4.06. I was debating on Bush over Morris in PPR.

A

Axe Elf

I went after Morris at 3.09 and Sproles at 4.06. I was debating on Bush over Morris in PPR.

A legitimate debate, although I think Morris will be used a little more as a dumpoff option as RG3 develops some self-preservation instincts. Morris' scouting report out of Florida Atlantic hailed him as an excellent 3rd down back due to his exceptional skills as a receiver out of the backfield. He's been underutilized in that capacity so far.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I had the chance to take Brees at 4.4 and was very tempted.... but I passed and took Bowe instead. Brees gets taken with the next pick.

5 more picks til your back to back picks AE... whom are you gunning for???

efactor

Coming at you
Agree with you Alf on the lower spots looking good this year. I got the 4th slot in FFPC and I was excited at first because I get one of the 4 RBs I love, but seeing what is available late 2nd at that spot is not that exciting.

A

Axe Elf

I had the chance to take Brees at 4.4 and was very tempted.... but I passed and took Bowe instead. Brees gets taken with the next pick.

5 more picks til your back to back picks AE... whom are you gunning for???

You made the right choice.

I was glad to see Reggie Wayne at 4.11, and even though it might be reaching a little, Giovani Bernard won't make it back to me in the 6th, and I like him a lot as an RB3 in this PPR/best-ball format, so he was my 5.01.

A

Axe Elf

Agree with you Alf on the lower spots looking good this year. I got the 4th slot in FFPC and I was excited at first because I get one of the 4 RBs I love, but seeing what is available late 2nd at that spot is not that exciting.

If it's PPR you have a few more viable options (Bush and Murray); if not, maybe Ridley or a WR in the 2nd if one of the top 6 make it, and then you have still have Murray in the 3rd or Fitz/Cobb if you went with Ridley.

ExperiencedRookie

You two understand each other, it's rather adorable.

No need for the personal attack write up, just true statements as to why you have lost. I say you, because I believe the Rookie is correct. Spiller will out produce Morris. Morris may be a safe bet, but Helu is tearing up training camp. I for one remember Shanahanigans. I like Morris, but Spiller is a better PPR threat.

quote]

I don't even need Spiller to outperform Morris. He is giving me +4 fantasy points per game, because he's already looked into the crystal ball and knows the future.

I just want to bring the self anointed fantasy god back down to Earth, so the next time he slams someone's opinion, maybe he'll think twice about the amount he actually knows.

A

Axe Elf

You were the one that made the "ridiculous claim" that Morris would outperform Spiller by 4 pts per week. I just said Morris was the better pick.

Maybe you should come back to Earth yourself, before you go thinking twice about what fantasy gods know.

ExperiencedRookie

That's the only reasonable thing to do when you take a guy like Morris who is going to score 4 more PPG than a guy like Spiller, isn't it?
quote]
I used the 4 PPG number to exaggerated the level of scoring difference you were projecting between your great Morris pick and anyone else's awful Spiller pick.

You certainly didn't shy away from it or back peddle at all.

A

Axe Elf

You can't back pedal if you never front pedaled.

P.S. Would you like some extra tutoring on the correct use of the "QUOTE" tool?

ExperiencedRookie

You can't back pedal if you never front pedaled.

P.S. Would you like some extra tutoring on the correct use of the "QUOTE" tool?

Not sure why my quotes weren't or aren't working properly lately. Not like its the first time I've used them. It's that kind of snide BS comments that get under my skin though.

And you're right, you never "front peddled" the idea that Morris would outscore Spiller by 4 PPG, but your brash ridicule of anyone who would take Spiller over Morris said it all. You also were quick to accept that as a reasonable number for Morris to finish ahead of Spiller.

So what's it going to be? Are we going to make a real wager? I want anything in place that will cause you to think twice the next time you want to belittle someone else or dismiss anything they say based on your own pre-season predictions.

A

Axe Elf

So what's it going to be? Are we going to make a real wager? I want anything in place that will cause you to think twice the next time you want to belittle someone else or dismiss anything they say based on your own pre-season predictions.

I don't think any wager is going to stop me from helping my students to avoid pitfalls such as drafting Spiller over Morris--nor will it prevent me from being right, as always seems to be the case. Again, I don't belittle people, I belittle nonsense like drafting Spiller over Morris, and of course I dismiss anything anyone says that is contrary to the way things will turn out in the end.

As someone only slightly less wise than me once said, "I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong."

ExperiencedRookie

I don't think any wager is going to stop me from helping my students to avoid pitfalls such as drafting Spiller over Morris--nor will it prevent me from being right, as always seems to be the case. Again, I don't belittle people, I belittle nonsense like drafting Spiller over Morris, and of course I dismiss anything anyone says that is contrary to the way things will turn out in the end.

As someone only slightly less wise than me once said, "I would agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong."

You sir, are absolutely impossible. You just go ahead and keep on hiding behind that egotistical hog wash that you spew all over the place You tie your hopes to the idea that hopefully no one will dig up old posts and point out the true percentage of your success rate when handicapping players.

I come here looking for well informed football talk and discussions with people who have always brought a very high intellect to the debate process. Sometimes people get very bullish on their views, and that's totally cool and I respect it. You take it to a whole new level though. It's not even debate or discussion. It's "I'm right you're wrong. You're an idiot if you don't follow my advice". It totally kills any form of positive debate.

I'm not saying that you don't know your stuff either. I've actually really enjoyed some of the pieces that you've wrote up. There's a lot of great info in there, and even some fun creative writing. This junk attitude on the rest of the boards is just....well.....JUNK.

That's my 2 cents. Take it to heart or leave it. My offer obviously stands on the bet offer.

wical34

If I was impossible, I wouldn't be here. Improbable, maybe, but not impossible.

I don't come here to argue; I come here to educate.

The arrogance of the little elf shows a Napoleon Complex.

Of course I joke, but I would rather enjoy to watch you eat your words - metaphorically. Since eating your words is both impossible and improbable. Wouldn't want you to take a statement literal.