2023 Head Coach Hot seat

TexanGrrl

Wonder Woman
Looks like Seattle is lining up interviews. I wonder if Bobby Slowik gets on this list.

OFFICIAL REQUESTS:
Cowboys DC Dan Quinn - total flop in the playoffs says "NO" to me
Dolphins OC Frank Smith - Is this guy a puppet or what as Mike McDaniel called the Offense
Panthers DC Ejiro Evero - Not sure about this guy as teams beat the Panthers all year
Rams DC Raheem Morris - Could be interesting. If you can't beat them, Hire their DC as your HC.
Giants OC Mike Kafka - Ummm, the Giants haven't been that good for a few years but he comes from the Andy Reid tree
Raiders DC Patrick Graham - Made his Raiders respectable after the firing of Josh McDaniel

REPORTED BUT UNOFFICIAL:
Ravens DC Mike Macdonald - This could be an awesome pick for us as the Ravens have dominated all year

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I guess Harbaugh only has eyes for Chargers, to date that is the only interview he has set up.

Quinn has interviews with 4 other teams plus Seattle, my gut says he goes back to Seattle.

Not sure what Philly and Dallas do. Hard to fire McCarthy after 3 12 win seasons, but losing in early playoffs each time is a killer for Jerry

Phicinfan

Administrator
Reports out Mike Tomlin staying in Pittsburgh

Jim Harbaugh interviews with both LAC and ATL
In a side note on Harbaugh, he is also working a contract with Michigan and reports out saying he is insisting on language that if NCAA punishes him, Michigan can't fire him over it. - again just saying....

Seattle has interviews with Mike Kafka OC NYG and Dan Quinn DC Dallas

Cleveland fires OC Alex Van Pelt

IND - Owner Jim Irsay had a medical incident in December, where he was found unconscious and non-responsive and given narcan to recover. He is also currently under medical care for severe upper respiratory infection and no one can deny or agree if these two incidents are related.

PHI - Sirianni meeting with owner Jeff Lurie today

Raiders complete interviews with Kris Richard and Leslie Frazier, and has had 2nd interveiws with Pierce

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Cowboys are NOT making a coaching change. McCarthy will return for 2024 season

Phicinfan

Administrator
Update time:
Post WC weekend
Safe
- no changes expected
getting warm - will survive but will be full hot seat next year
Smoke billowing - get ready to see a change soon - maybe off season
Fire - He is a goner

AFC-East
Buffalo
- Sean McDermott - I think he is safe, even if he loses to KC
Miami - Mike McDaniel is safe
NY Jets - Robert Saleh - He is safe for start of next year, but he has no more excuses
New England - Bill Belichick - Fired - New hire Jarod Mayo
AFC - North
Pittsburgh
- Mike Tomlin - He will be back, but they need new OC and its the last year of his deal. Oh a QB might help as well.
Baltimore - John Harbaugh - safe
Cincinnati - Zac Taylor - safe - team playing great even with Burrow out
Cleveland - Kevin Stefanski - Defense is stellar, Need new OC
AFC - South
Jacksonville
- Doug Pederson - Needs new defensive staff
Indianapolis - Shane Steichen - safe
Houston - DeMeco Ryans - safe - HC of the year?
Tennessee - Mike Vrabel - Fired
AFC - West
Kansas City
- Andy Reid - safe - but rest of league are catching up to Chiefs
LA Chargers - Brandon Staley and GM fired - they are pushing hard for Jim Harbaugh
Las Vegas - GM and McDaniels are Fired - hearing Pierce and interim GM are leading candidates
Denver - Sean Payton - Need new QB
NFC - East
Philadelphia
- Nick Sirianni - very warm - I think they stand pat this year, but he needs new DC and he needs to show he has this team going again.
Dallas - Mike McCarthy - VERY WARM - He is being kept, but no extension coming and he is on the last year of the deal. Its win or gone next year.
Washington - Ron Rivera - Fired
NY Giants
- Brian Daboll - I think he is safe, has to replace DC, and may need new OC as Kafka is interviewing
NFC - North
Detroit
- Dan Campbell - safe
Green Bay - Matt LaFleur - safe
Chicago - Matt Eberflus - He is staying, but his seat is very, very warm. Can't wait to see what they do with #1 or Fields this year
Minnesota - Kevin O'Connell - safe
NFC - South
Tampa Bay
- Todd Bowles - safe
Atlanta - Arthur Smith - Fired - Belichick seems to be leading candidate - first interview was one on one with Owner
New Orleans - Dennis Allen - getting warm here...., He is staying but needs new OC, and it will be year 3. Win or gone IMO.
Carolina - Frank Reich - Fired
NFC - West
San Francisco
- Kyle Shanahan - safe
Seattle - Pete Carroll - Fired - Quinn landing spot??
LA Rams - Sean McVay - Just heard Stafford plans to be back as well.
Arizona - Jonathan Gannon - safe

8 HC's fired, 1 new HC hired. Jim Harbaugh, Bill Belichick are top candidates. Then look for Coordinators like Jim Johnson and DC from Baltimore, and OC from Houston.

Last edited:

Phicinfan

Administrator
About PHI - evidently the owner did not meet with Sirianni yesterday as he was in the Caribbean buying a yacht. That being said, it still depends on that eventual meeting if Eagles make a change or not. In the mean time GM Howie and Sirianni are making lists and contacting coaches to be eventual replacements at OC and DC

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Atlanta - Arthur Smith - Fired - competing with Charg I think he may be safe, but they will have to move on from Kamara and Thomas.ers for Jim Harbaugh, and talking to Belichick as well.

um... wrong team?