2012 Close Call #12: Marshawn Lynch vs Maurice Jones-Drew

2012 Close Call #12: Marshawn Lynch vs Maurice Jones-Drew

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Ya know this is Lynch's first violation of the substance abuse provision of the rule don't ya. All of his other problems were dealing with personal conduct violations. The suspension will be short and will not be handed down until he's been foiund guilty which will not be until after the season if it happens at all. It sounds like Lynch has a good chance to beat the charges.
However, Goodell has a long history of taking players that consistantly flaunt the rules and punish them. It is because of his earlier issues, now the DUI that it won't be a short penalty.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Apples and oranges I'm thinkking PhiCin. You'll probably prove right but that's how I see it. Anyway it'll be next year if it happens at all.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
MJD might extend his holdout into the season. Even though Lynch will miss acouple games, I like him better this season.

Arctic Dawgs

MJD rumoured to report this weekend

Jaguars coach Mike Mularkey said he’s heard the rumors that running back Maurice Jones-Drew is going to report this weekend, but said he hasn’t heard from Jones-Drew and has no first-hand knowledge if he plans to return.

“I have not heard from Maurice,’’ he said. “I’ve heard those same things just like you have, but nothing from the people that need to tell its firm.’’

When he was asked how he hears rumors because he spends so much time at the stadium, he said, “I get out. Today I’m actually off to catch up with my wife to see what is going on in her life. I’ve heard things out on the street just like you guys do. It wasn’t on Twitter.’’

When the Jaguars cut the roster to 53 players Friday, they left Jones-Drew on the reserve-did not report list so he doesn’t count on the roster.

When he returns, they would be allowed a roster exemption so it wouldn’t be certain he would play in the season opener in Minnesota next Sunday.