2012 Close Call #12: Marshawn Lynch vs Maurice Jones-Drew

2012 Close Call #12: Marshawn Lynch vs Maurice Jones-Drew

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jjtweeks

No question for me on this one. If Lynch wasn't such an idiot it might be closer for me. Jones-Drew ain't slowing down this year. Lynch will have a nice year as well but Jones-Drew for me

cctekguy

Staff member
I think MJD is finished....with the Jags anyway.

The jags suck and are trying to "rebuild". Hanging on to last decade's superstar isn't a rebuilding move.

Despite his awesome performance last year, his numbers didn't help the Jags as a team. A **** poor time for him to demand more money.

Owners have no interest in fantasy studs, they want championships.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Why is this even posted, how are they even close. First Lynch has only done it once. Second, he is an idiot and close to another suspension.

MJD, and no discussion is really necessary IMO.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Why is this even posted, how are they even close. First Lynch has only done it once. Second, he is an idiot and close to another suspension.

MJD, and no discussion is really necessary IMO.
Yet it is MJD getting smoked here ;)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
28 year old RB's with lots of milage holding out just doesn't give me the warm and fuzzies. I just watched him in an interview on nfl network and to me it doesn't sound like he's anywhere near ready to cave in on his demands.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'm a little torn here. I agree with many that MJD may be nearing the end and his holdout makes him much more of a risk.....but at the same time, I'm not sold that Lynch is going to get off with no suspension. I won't be looking at either, but if I had to take one, I'll lean MJD be the slimmest of margins.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Yet it is MJD getting smoked here ;)

Bad choices on others parts doesn't make me wrong :cool:

Folks, I am pretty sure I predicted it in the NFL forum talk, but will do so again here. Lynch will crash, and crash hard this year. AFTER his long suspension. Buyer beware.

jjtweeks

I don't know about that but If lynch has his best year it will still be second best to MJD having an average one and I think MJD has another great one

Arctic Dawgs

MJD has just too many miles on him for me. And now coming into a season out of shape due to no TC is just too many red flags. Lynch has to bust his arse to try and keep his job pending a suspension next year

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
MJD has just too many miles on him for me. And now coming into a season out of shape due to no TC is just too many red flags. Lynch has to bust his arse to try and keep his job pending a suspension next year
Why do you say suspension next year?

Arctic Dawgs

DUI Everything I have seen looks to be delayed until next season and by then Turbin sure looks to have the job. There are some clauses in Lynchs contract that let Seattle off the hook in the event of suspension

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I'm not buying the waiting until next year stuff.....Lynch will miss time due to suspension this year I think. No way Goodell let's this one sit an entire season when it happened this offseason.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ya know this is Lynch's first violation of the substance abuse provision of the rule don't ya. All of his other problems were dealing with personal conduct violations. The suspension will be short and will not be handed down until he's been foiund guilty which will not be until after the season if it happens at all. It sounds like Lynch has a good chance to beat the charges.